Hill Harper/Sheldon Hawkes #2: He's Got Panties

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Oct 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^It would be nice if his website was kept more up-to-date. That's pretty important, especially if he wants people to know where he's going to be appearing/reading/signing!

I didn't make it to the West Hollywood Book Fair yesterday, but according to the schedule he wasn't slated to be there. I wonder if he is still touring for the book? :confused:

2. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

Aw, Hillicious, I'm so sorry to hear about that. ...here's a big cyberhug...and a heartfelt prayer for you and your family during this time of loss.

...yes, I'd snapped that last pic of Hill at the Essence Festival...where I'd missed meeting him due to my own fault...listenin' to other people.

3. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

Thanks. I thank you all profusely from the bottom of my heart. It's been extremely tough for me. Forgive me for saddening the mood.

I agree, Top. Did you meet any other interesting authors at the book fair last year?

Tish don't worry, you'll have many opportunities to see him again; I'm sure that he'll remember you. Don't you just LOVE the t-shirts and blazers? Hawkes is alot more conservative than Harper. I have one request: Should you see him before I do, PLEASE cop a feel? Or is that considered sexual harrassment? If he travels with a bodyguard, I've got your bail. :rolleyes:

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Actually, I think we pretty much just stuck around for Hill that time. That was the second book fair I saw him at--I caught him at one in Chicago in June of last year. He's such a good speaker!

The t-shirt and blazer look is hot. :D And yeah, Hawkes is a much more conservative dresser than Hill. I guess that means we wouldn't catch him in the gold suit... :lol: :devil:

5. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

It seems like Hill was in New Hampshire for Obama this past weekend. I found a little snippet of his visit on one of the Obama campaign worker's blogs right here.

6. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

Aw, May God Bless you!!! Now, if I meet up with him first, don't worry about the bodyguard, 'cause I'll be on my best behavior...my BEST behavior. :D :devil: He'll give the guy a couple of days off. Just kiddin', I just hope I don't fumble with my words again (good grief)!!! :)

I like the way he dresses...wouldn't change a thing. Hell, I got a matchin' royal blue dress to go with that gold suit of his. ;) Hm,...that reminds me of my miniature doll of Elvis wearin' his 1956 gold and silver suit. ...and when I was just a little girl, we loved Elvis no matter what he wore!!! :) :cool: But, I got a feelin' that Hill loves wearin' his red, white, and blue suit. In other words, he strongly believes in rackin' the vote.

7. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

Terrible Top! You've gotta admit that Hill and the gold monstrosity kinda reminds you of a candy bar wrapped in gold foil paper, and I'm SURE that you'd take a bite of alllllll that! :devil:

Thanks for the link springmoon.

Okay Tish, now I'm curious to hear exactly what you said to him. I can understand why you'd be at a loss. Were you looking at him like this: :eek:

8. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

Tish are you really an Elvis fan? I am too. A friend bought me the vintage "Barbie Loves Elvis" dolls for Christmas one year. Although I bought him a crappy gift, I LOOOOOOOVE my dolls. :lol:

Back to Hawkes; just thought I'd share. Sharing is caring! :D

9. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

Yes, let's just say I have one magnet of Elvis wearing a black turtle neck on my refrigerator along with my favorite picture of Hill Harper and the places I've traveled to. :D

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We shouldn't allow this thread to get buried. ;) I've grabbed this from the "Why Aren't You Posting?" thread because I think it would be a great topic of discussion and Lord knows we need to have some good discussion about Hawkes. ;)

I think Partly is on to something with that--the way he mentioned Dr Browing "surpassing" his mentor seems like something that Sheldon knows from his experience with Dr I-forget-his-name from "And Here's to You, Mrs Azrael". Teaching someone who is smarter than you and watching them pass you by has to be frustrating--and I'm sure that a prodigy like Sheldon would have felt some negativity from that...

11. Partly

Partly Hit and Run

Thank you! I couldn't find a Hawkes thread when I looked the last time I made it on.

Hawkes' attitude toward authority figures isn't very deferential. Even with Mac -- look at how he was in Murder Sings the Blues when Mac dressed him down for not sharing that he knew the victim. He stood and took Mac's reprimand but he also pointed out that Mac was more upset about his other case than he was about Sheldon. Personally, I think the only reason Sheldon took the reprimand with such little protest was because he felt Mac was right. The little scene at the end where he's explaining (not apologizing nor justifying) it seems to me that he's doing so out of respect for Mac rather than because Mac is his superior.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Mac ever did anything that would make Sheldon lose that respect for him.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

For anyone who hasn't seen, Kristine's interview with Hill is up on the CSIFiles page. It's a very interesting read.

13. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

^ Fantastic interview. Anyone who hasn't read it yet, needs to head over there.

Our boy Hill is quite confident in his athleticism.

As always, he's interesting and has a lot going on.

14. Tishme3

Tishme3 Witness

:) Wow, that was a great interview...lots of ballons and kudos to Kristine!!! It was as if I was there feelin' his air of excitement! Athletically speakin, lookin' forward to seein' more of Dr. Hawkes/Hill Harper on future episodes as well as reading and gifting his upcomin' book to my family and friends!!! Thanks again!

15. Hillicious

Hillicious Hit and Run

Wow! I'm going to be an instigator and say that I think Hill is calling them out. What can I say, Hill has got game. Afterall, he was in "He Got Game". :lol:

All jokes aside, they were playing real ball in the movie and you could see a little bit of his skills every now and then (when the pros weren't getting most of the screen time).

Put your money where your mouth is Hill! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.