Heroes

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by xforce11, Sep 29, 2006.

1. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Did Peter tell Hiro about the sword when he saw him after being visited by him from the future? Bad memory strikes again. I thought Peter told his brother about seeing Hiro. Then I thought Peter ran into him in Texas when he was about to save the cheerleader and told him about meeting him. But like I said my memory is bad. ;) (crazy me!)

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

See, I was thinking that the secret the haitian dude wanted Claire to keep was just that she wasn't brainwashed and still knew everything. I think he just wants her to keep quiet and pretend she doesn't remember anything.

3. saraholic

saraholic Corpse

I agree with Baba. And on Peter blowing up NY, I doubt it was him. He has future visions in the perspective of the hero. So maybe it was him, but I think it would be more likely if it were Syler or Ted (Radiation Man). Then again, I could be wrong. In fact, it is highly possible that I'm wrong. ;)

Overall, I loved the episode. I am gonna hate having to wait that long.......It's gonna suck so bad. :( But I guess I'll deal. *sigh* :(

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

I actually yelled "NO!" at my tv for the way they ended the episode and the fact that I have to wait for January 22 to see the next part and I'm with Hankster those parts of the episode were kind of creepy.

5. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Some news about our favorite Heroes:

1. Masi Oka received a Golden Globe nomination for best supporting Actor in a drama series for his role as Hiro Nakamura.

2. Heroes received a Golden Globe nomination for best Drama TV Series.

3. Thomas Dekker, who plays Zach on the show (Claire's friend) is leaving the show to play John Connor on the Sarah Connor Chronicles--a new Fox Series based upon the Terminator movies. Meanwhile, the creators of the show who were originally writing the character of Zach as being gay have pulled an about face on this at the request of Dekker, which has created some controversy.

6. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Congrats to Heroes. Masi Oka is definately my favorite. I would love for him to win.

7. ChristineCaine

ChristineCaine Rookie

I love this show! Hiro, in my opinion, is the best one. He's such a dork, but he's the sweetest one of the whole bunch! His power rocks too! I like Peter too. He's very cool. I really think his brother is a jerk, though.. He doesn't care about anything but winning the election.

Well, I'll be back here in a bit. Chao!

8. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

Oh my... anybody see this..

Ausiello: Fanboys, prepare to piddle yourself. Christopher Eccleston — the original Dr. Who from the current Sci Fi/BBC series — is joining the cast in January in a really super (tee-hee) role. Speaking of cool casting, wait until you see who's ******* ****'s ****. You're going to flip.
    I wonder, wonder... could it be someone's wife. It's the only thing I can think of or maybe who Claire's father was or maybe her mother? I don't remember Bennett saying anything about her mother's demise. Anyone got any ideas? Can't believe we have to wait until January 22. :eek:

=====
    Edited to add a spoiler tag.

9. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

SciFiChick, thanks for signing the spoiler, but we have a cool spoiler tag, if you use this, then it's impossible to get spoiled accindentaly. Thanks :)

10. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

Thanks Hankster! That is good news.

3.Thomas Dekker, who plays Zach on the show (Claire's friend) Seems weird that they are changing his storyline was that before he decided to leave or before? If he doesn't feel comfortable playing that sort of character than I guess it's good that he is leaving.

11. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

I love this show. I just watched all 11 episode in the past couple of days cos we don't get it in the UK for ages unfortunately. Thank god for the internet?

Peter's fit, love his character. Hiro is also one of my favourites. He's so cute!

Can't wait to see Christopher Eccleston in the next episode. The episode looks amazing from the trailer. Can't believe it's not on for ages though!

12. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Well, we saw our Invisible Man a/k/a Dr. Who a/k/a Christopher Eccleston and and invisible fight scene between him and Peter Petrelli!

And how about Jessica/Niki switching back and forth during the lawyer consult! Yowzer!!!

We also finally see how Hiro waved a cased sword at a dinosaur, only to have it be a replica and not a real Katana--supplied by LINDERMAN no less!!!

And how about Hiro/Isaac/Nathan action with Simone in attendnace?

"You are frying man! WHOOOSH!"

"Could you keep it down?"

"whoosh..."

Claire and Zach are back on track, though it's clear that HRG is a problem.

I KNEW THAT THEY WERE GONNA DO A UNABOMBER WITH TED SPRAGUE THE RADIOACTIVE MAN! I told ya'll he looked like Ted Kaczinski!!!! He's hiding out in a shack in the desert in Nevada (ironically, where Peter Petrelli was heading), but does have electricity unlike the Unabomber, and he's trying to learn how to control his powers. Then, our mystery babe whom we've learned about in the online comic Hana Gitelman shows up and is wanting to use him to get back at HRG!!! This weeks online Graphic Novel continues past the scene we saw last night:

http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_017.pdf

Last night's ep had it all! HEROES is back, BAY-BEE!!!

Oh, and for you interactive fans, check out HRG's shell corporation:

http://www.primatechpaper.com

1-800-774-6216 (1-800-PRIMA16)

access code on the jobs link is MT36

13. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

In a TV Guide online blog, David McCallum (NCIS) is asked about his days as an earlier TV "Invisible Man" in 1975.

The TV Guide columnist had an issue with Heroes:
    Click on the above link for the column.

14. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Okay. The way invisibility powers work is that the individual is able to bend light around their body, including their clothes, so that way they're not seen. There may be some slight parallax distortion (think Predator) in some cases, but that's how it works usually. The only exception to this seems to be Sue Storm (a/k/a The Invisible Woman) of the Fantastic 4, whose powers affect only her skin and body. Reed Richards developed *unstable fabric molecules* so that her powers would work without having her strip.

In other cases, invisiblity powers are more based on being able to exploit a blind spot that all humans have in the optic nerves of several people in the area. Pusher did that sort of thing in a couple of old X-Files episodes.

15. CSI_Watcher_8

CSI_Watcher_8 Coroner

I LOVE HIRO!
    I laughed so hard. :lol:
    When he got outside we the fake sword I started laughng too. :lol: