Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, May 8, 2007.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I know a mom who made a fake letter for her child and tey were very happy that they got one, but knew their mom made it because they recongized her handwriting. i still think it's cute and a good way for the parent to get involved with something their kids love.

2. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

That's cool WOLFESGAMEGIRL :cool:. In a way I wish my mom did that for me. Even if it was fake. It would have meant a lot to me.

3. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Indeed, it's the little things in life that can mean a lot.

4. sidlewannabee

You're right WOLFESGAMEGIRL, it is the little things in life that make you feel better. My mom saw one of my old teachers from 4th grade yesterday and my teacher asked if I still liked Harry Potter, my mom said yes. Then my mom told her, she could probably tell me the exact day that the movie and the book come out. When my mom came home and told me the story I said yeah you're right mom because the movie comes out July 13th and the book comes out July 21st. My mom laughed at that.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

That is aweoms! : )

6. sidlewannabee

Yeah I was surprised that my teacher remembered me by name and she remembered that I like Harry Potter :). My mom knows me so well.

7. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Okay chaps, lets try not to get too chatty, as this is a discussion board. If you want to chat in general then you can use MSN etc. ;)

8. sidlewannabee

I'm sorry TINKERBELL. It won't happen again.
    My favorite book is number 6. I like how they get older. It is cool. I relate to them. I am going to read the 7th book like 10 times when it comes out.

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Actually, we have another thread here for the Deathly Hallows! :D I'm going to bump it up as it's dropped of the radar somewhere. :lol:

10. sidlewannabee

Yay we have a thread for spoilers on the last book.

11. athlov

athlov Guest

:p See, I'm one of those people who only like short hair on guys. I hated the hair in the 4th movie. Though I must admit that the twin's hair looks weird to me. They looked better with the longer hair.

I just really wish they would make up their mind on which way they are going to have the boys hair. I know boys follow trends in hair-styles too, but to have all the boys change their hair from movie to movie is weird. :rolleyes:

12. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

and I dont understand why they have to have the same hair cut, too. I mean Harry looks quit good with the shorter hair but Ron looked great and i think it suits his character. the same goes for the twins. e.g. Neville seems more the short hair type

13. athlov

athlov Guest

Exactly! That's what I was implying. They seem to change the haircuts to the same one for all the boys. I think Devon Murray was the only one that didn't change his hair with the others in the last movie; it's just weird. :p

14. Alien_from_mars

Alien_from_mars Prime Suspect

Im not really expecting much from this film.

I am a true potterholic. I think the films are okay, but not exactly a great fan of them, I always go to see them the opening night, but I just think they dont live up to the books. My sister who hasnt read the books find the films hard to follow, they dont make sense and cut out most of the plot.
    The plot wasnt even in the third film. Soo, I just hope they dont cut out too much as this is the biggest book.
    :)

15. athlov

athlov Guest

I like to watch the movies for the visual aspect of it. That and dissecting every little thing about it. I like comparing the movie to the book and telling people who haven't read the book what the differences are.

I'm not that great with imagining what the surroundings look like or the characters, so I love seeing the film's interpretation of the book. It's always fun to go back and read the book after I have all of these new visual things in my head. :)

I can watch the movies over and over again in order to digest all of the little nuances that the film stages add into the locations. :D