Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, May 8, 2007.

1. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

This thread is for the new movie due for release on the 13th July 2007. :)

Summary

After a lonely summer on Privet Drive, Harry returns to a Hogwarts full of ill-fortune. Few of students and parents believe him or Dumbledore that Voldemort is really back. The ministry had decided to step in by appointing a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher that proves to be the nastiest person Harry has ever encountered. Harry also can't help stealing glances with the beautiful Cho Chang. To top it off are dreams that Harry can't explain, and a mystery behind something Voldemort is searching for. With these many things Harry begins one of his toughest years at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Cast

Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter
    Rupert Grint as Ron Weasley
    Emma Watson as Hermione Granger
    Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange
    Robbie Coltrane as Rubeus Hagrid
    Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort
    Michael Gambon as Albus Dumbledore
    Brendan Gleeson as Alastor 'Mad­Eye' Moody
    Richard Griffiths as Uncle Vernon
    Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy
    Gary Oldman as Sirius Black
    Alan Rickman as Severus Snape
    Fiona Shaw as Aunt Petunia
    Maggie Smith as Minerva McGonagall
    Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge
    David Thewlis as Remus Lupin
    Emma Thompson as Professor Sybil Trelawney
    Tom Felton as Draco Malfoy
    Tony Maudsley as Grawp
    George Harris as Kingsley Shacklebolt
    Robert Hardy as Cornelius Fudge
    Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood
    Bonnie Wright as Ginny Weasley

This thread is for The Order Of The Phoenix and if you wish to discuss the forthcoming conclusion to Harry Potter please head over to the Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows thread

As always any spoilers regarding the movie must be in spoiler code. For example, if you have found out that something that happened in the book is not happening in the movie, that would be a spoiler, however general talk about the book is fine. :)

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I'm so really looking forward to this movie. I saw the trailer for it recently, and it looks promising. The only thing that I don't like so far is how little Umbridge looks like what I pictured.

The movie also happens to open on the day inbetween my birthday and my best friend's b-day. Guess what we're doing? :lol:

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I haven't seen any trailers or read much about the movie but I definitely plan on going to see it :)

4. Rellaaaa

Rellaaaa Lab Technician

I can't wait for this movie to play in the theaters. :D Me and my friend got all excited when we saw the trailer before happy feet in the theater. :)

Roll on July I say :D

5. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I ve only seen the teaser so far but I really like the cast. Im especially looking forward to see Helena Bonham Carter. the only thing Im not that fond of is the new hair cut on the boys. I liked the longer hair in GoF much more

cant wait for the premiere

6. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

That's exactly what i thought when i've seen the trailer..
    :O :lol: they should have let it grow cause they looked younger with long hair...
    Anyway, i'm really excited about this new episode especially cause i really enjoyed that book.

7. Dragonfly

The first time I saw the trailer, I remember seeing Daniel and thinking "his hair looks funny" :lol:

8. Sab

Sab Witness

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I've read almost all the spoilers that I could find about it. Ha. I think I'm happy with what's in it and what was left out.
    no Quidditch scene and no kiss on the cheek. But I hear there are some other goodies in the movie, so oh well.

9. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

Yehey! A separate thread.. *throws confetti* Thanks making this Tink. So, I'll just copy/paste my post from the other thread to this thread. That's fine right? :D

I've seen the longer version of the OTP trailer. For the first time ever, I didn't feel my legs shake or go numb. My heart wasn't beating very fast because of excitement. I don't want to loose that HP feeling I always had everytime I hear the prolouge music of the movie. I guess i'll just have to turn to my secret weapon --> re-reading the books. But it was good trailer it's just weird that you can find students kissing and Umbridge is different from what I expected. Well, I don't really expect the movies to REALLY follow the books.

10. Tinkerbell

Your welcome luvincsi. :)

You don't have to copy your post if you don't wish to, it was fine in the Deathly Hallows thread, as at the time we didn't have another thread for the movie. If you would like to relay your post in this thread, that is also fine. :)

11. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

I'll just leave it here. It seems more appropriate. :D [

Oh yes! Me too. Okay.. Im gonna say this but... I like Bellatrix. :D (don't hate me!). When I heard about Helena Bonham Carter playing her I suddenly fell in love with Bellatrix even though she's evil and killed... you know. *sob* :( I like her in the movie but not in the book. I hope you get what I mean though. :D

12. Tinkerbell

I also like Bellatrix (which, is why I have an icon of her at the moment. :D), and I love Helena Bonham Carter, she rocks! Personally I think the casting of Bellatrix is perfect. :)

I really, really, hope there is a good amount of screen time with Sirius. He's my favorite character, and I was more than a little disappointed with his appearance in the GOF. :(

13. luvincsi

luvincsi Pathologist

Speaking of your icon, Tink, I really like it. :D I thought it was a fairy at first. Haha! :lol: But I do like it.. And yeah. Helena is perfect for the part. I just love her. In Merlin or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. :D ;)
    What are you guys looking forward in the movie? Well, I'm not looking forward to the kiss. And that's what my friends are all excited about. :rolleyes:

14. Dragonfly

Ditto! I was so upset when he died. I hope we get to see a fair bit of him before it happens in the movie :lol:

15. Tinkerbell

I wouldn't hold your breath, but there has to be more screen time with him than in the GOF. :lol:

I'm looking forward to seeing some Dumbledore action at the end in the Ministry, that will be awesome. :D

I'm not looking forward to Umbrigde - I loath her.

I wonder if they will include Kreacher and Mrs Black's portrait in the film! :lol: