"Happenstance" Discussion **Spoilers**

kaylyne said: Do they always have to ruin a very decent episode with 60 seconds to make a person GAG?!

Im so glad im not the only one who feels this way! SERIOUSLY, I've had it up to my eyeballs with the person who keeps writing that in! I just wish Icould get through one episode without being angry...but now on to the things i liked:
-Nick singing :D His voice made me weak. :)
-Greg working-he's such a trooper, I really love him more than ever now (if thats possible :p )
-Wendy and Mandy!
-Hodges made me giggle once again!
-And Cath and Gil had cute moments-the bet was so funny! love those two. :D

I absolutely hate that little gesture Sara makes when she purses up her lips and tries to look all cutsie when making an inside joke to Grissom. Too many lip squinches (new word) makes her look ridiculous. But for that, I really enjoy Sara.

Nick - love ya baby, but grow some hair on that head!

Greg is looking a little thinner; however, I still enjoyed gazing at him and his lovely arms. And yes, he did contribute to solving the case by finding that blood. Such a good troop.

Yes, Greg's a trooper, he really is, it's just good to see him sort of just say what's going on, not keeping it inside.

And Nick singing, it was just good to see a lighthearted moment on the show, and Mandy, she hasn't been on in a little while..plus, anyone who can get Nick to sing gets big points. :)

I know. Like we need to know what objects Hodges has peed on.

Actually, that might be a good thing to know, so we can avoid TOUCHING anything he might have peed on. Memo: Don't piss off Hodges or he'll piss on your car.

Loved the episode, the whole plot with the twins was really cool. I have heard that concept before, twins seperated at birth having so much in common, but it was done really well here and ending up being their downfall. I have to say I never saw the end comming. This season has been great so far.

I loved the Hodges scene that was so great.

I think the look on Grissom's face had to do with him not looking forward to having to tell Sara that he is going to do the seminar, and therefore going to be on sabbitical for however long.

cercis said:
I think the look on Grissom's face had to do with him not looking forward to having to tell Sara that he is going to do the seminar, and therefore going to be on sabbitical for however long.

Interesting thought. I think I can go with that. As I said on LJ, I've been running around my house like Jack Skellington going, "Interesting reaction, but what does it mean?!"

They've been together since they've been together. That makes no sense... I mean, the characters haven't had any big breaks, and this would be a big break if he took it, and that's hard. Being away from one's significant other for any length of time after NOT being apart for any length of time is difficult. It's a difficult transition. I'm sure Grissom is tempted to take the offer because he loves teaching. He loves his work, but lately the return of the migraines and the continuing storyline of the MCSK... It's just a lot for one man to take on. I think he's really considering it, especially since he was reading that particular text at the end.

You might have really hit a nerve, here. I mean, until now he's only had to think about himself and his own reactions, but he has to consider Sara's, too, and he doesn't know how she's going to react to him going away for a while.

I officially love you. I get the scene, now. :)

Oh boy-I can hardly wait to see "Happenstance" now! BTW-Joanna Going is very familiar to those who saw the revival of "Dark Shadows"-she was Victoria Winters/Josette. A good revival which had the misfortune to premiere during the first night of the 1st Gulf War.

Hurry up 9pm!

You'll enjoy it, it was a good little respite from Post Mortem, while I did love that episode, sometimes the lighter moments are good too..especially Nick singing, which he did very well.

Greg wasn't in it too much, but what was there was very good, he found the medicine and the blood on the shirt. Plus, he did open up about the civil suit as well.

iluvEricSzmanda said:
kaylyne said: Do they always have to ruin a very decent episode with 60 seconds to make a person GAG?!

Im so glad im not the only one who feels this way! SERIOUSLY, I've had it up to my eyeballs with the person who keeps writing that in! I just wish Icould get through one episode without being angry...but now on to the things i liked:
-Nick singing :D His voice made me weak. :)
-Greg working-he's such a trooper, I really love him more than ever now (if thats possible :p )
-Wendy and Mandy!
-Hodges made me giggle once again!
-And Cath and Gil had cute moments-the bet was so funny! love those two. :D
Word. :D Why didn't Catherine win the bet btw? Didn't she say that the cases were connected and she was right.

Hottie_Cath said:
Why didn't Catherine win the bet btw? Didn't she say that the cases were connected and she was right.

I think because though the cases were linked, in that the women were killed by the same man, there was never any intention to kill both of them. Thus, they were linked (killer) and seperate (motive).

See, I would think it was the same motive--to kill Jill. He killed the sister because he thought it was Jill, then he went and killed the actual Jill.

Nick was soooo funny LOL. At least he sang it better than Angel did several times on Angel.

I think Sid and Superdave go to the same creepy place lol. I wanted to say it anyway. "Dave...you're going to that creepy place again"

I'm also intrigued by the final scene. I hope it's not GSR angst, I likes my GSR. I did have a squee moment with "I won't wait up" though.

Not bad overall. I think if I were grading it NY style, I'd say maybe a solid B.

Maybe there is some sort of voice tone thing I’m missing having not seen the episode but “I won’t wait up” doesn’t sound too promising for you GSR shippers. Could I ask what was up with Grissom comparing the victim to Sara, what happened there? How were they similar?

Back