"Happenstance" Discussion **Spoilers**

CSIAngel24 It was an invitation to a siminar they were asking him to take a sabbatical to do a lecture on etomology.

is it just me or did it look like grissom was i don't know, maybe did not want to see sara he had a wierd look on his face

Raven04 said:
is it just me or did it look like grissom was i don't know, maybe did not want to see sara he had a wierd look on his face

Yeah I got that impression too...

Sara's new hair is gorgeous!!

^
:lol: Totally! Nick singing- one of the highlights of the episode! :D
The conversation about peeing on the car door handles with him and Hodges was hillarious as well!!

It was creepy how things were so similar with the two woman even though they didn't know about eachother. I guess it's true what Grissom said about seeing through same eyes, tasting with same tastebuds, etc...Same chemistry, biology, whatever.

I liked the continuity with Greg. He seemed still quite quiet and serious, showing that what happened last episode is still fresh.

Question- did the twin that was hanged with the dog leash even have a dog?

This episode was an interesting mix. I started to lose interest half way in, but they grabbed me, again. It's the journalist in me, darnit.

I liked the combinations of who worked with whom. Nice to see the old team of Catherine and Grissom working together, again, and I've always liked Sophia best as a character when she was working with Nick. So, that was delightful.

Have to say, for a long time I suspected the husband. I guess that's a problem since I'm getting married in seven months, huh?

Also, the parallels between the dead journalist and Sara were striking, probably what led to Grissom's look at the end of the episode, worrying about his woman. As soon as he started talking to the psychiatrist about Jill, I saw the similarities in the two cases. Thankfully, though, I think Sara is a little more stable than that, especially since she started to deal with her issues ("Nesting Dolls" "Committed") before she was with Grissom. By the beginning of Season 5, she was no longer putting her self-worth in the eyes of other people, so I think she had time to heal, whereas, psychiatrist man was taking advantage of Jill's inability to heal.

Hodgins scares me. His obsession with grades is completely understood by me. I was a freak in college gradewise. Got one F on one paper and about had a heart attack. Worried I wouldn't get an A in the course. Oh, my. I got mad at myself for an A-. See, there's the difference, though. I didn't go keying cars.

Wendy and Mandy in one episode was interesting. I often have trouble telling them apart, but this time I didn't. It was probably the Nick/Mandy scene on YouTube today that helped prepare me for it.

Overall, the plot was meh, but the journalist side in me is intrigued by the ending. Ethics in journalism, whether or not the truth is being told, etc. It's all intriguing.

And the whole thing with the tendencies of the twins, the desire for the same type of frozen yogurt, the same dry cleaning, the similar handwriting. It was all interesting because I have a big debate within myself about the affects of genetics versus environment on behaviour. I met my father when I was six years old, and yet, we shared a lot of the same tendencies. My mother and father, who had never married nor even spoken since my birth, held my hand the exact same way (with the pinky wrapped around my wrist so I couldn't get away). I remember it shocked me. So, I wasn't really shocked by the twins having some things in common. Some people may say it was a stretch, but being a girl who has seen that in real life, I have to say, it's not as big a stretch as one might think.

Some of the camera work in this episode was bizarre. I was able to follow most of it, but my poor father got incredibly confused when Nick's focus was on the keys, then on the one key with the paint, then it was being gone over with a laser, etc. It was a fun effect, but I had to explain to him whta happened because he just couldn't follow it as quickly as I could.

Greg continuity was good, but Warrick's comment about women was a bit troubling. His marriage really sucks, and that's sad, but the man doesn't seem to want to change it at all. C'mon Warrick! I want to love you, again! At least try to work things out with Tina instead of constantly putting work ahead of her.

Overall, fun episode. I didn't expect Sara to be in it at all, so it was a nice little treat, and she looked gorgeous. They should do that to her hair more often. :)

Loved sara's hair, but it just seems that Grissom has more fun with Catherine then with sara, The "Bet"- Catherine ripping the one dollar bill in half and Grisson saying "That's a federal offense" was funny.

Toots said:
Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I still think that Warrick acts kind of cold towards Greg. I don't recall him ever having a kind word for him in recent years.

No I don't think you're being overly sensitive either. Warrick's comment about Greg not looking like he'd been through the wringer ticked me off a little.

Loved Nick singing--he sounded so good the second time. I would melt if he sang "Mandy" like that to me--even though my name's not Mandy (I don't care I like that song). That was such a cute moment.

Strange GSR moment at the end there--trouble in paradise?

The seeds of Grissom taking a sabbatical have been planted, that letter from Williams, him reading Thoreau at the end, he's got to be thinking about it already.

Now onto the cases..it was a little freaky, but they've said that even when twins are separated at birth when they compare them later in life they actually have a lot in common, more than what could be called a coincidence, so it's not surprising that they did have some things in common, I swear though, I thought they were going to say that lipstick on the husband's collar, but that would be too freaky.

Greg, oh Greg, he's looking thin, but did Warrick have to make that comment, but Greg seems to be okay about the whole thing, but still, that comment wasn't necessary. And big points to Greg for finding the blood on the shirt that sort of broke it open.

kaylyne said:
Good GOD! Do they always have to ruin a very decent episode with 60 seconds to make a person GAG?!

I know. Like we need to know what objects Hodges has peed on. (Though I do love the weirdo, that is just TMI.) I thought Doc Robbins was great with his bit about being a twin. It was nice to see Warrick in more than one scene, too.

Nick singing..and you know..George's voice wasn't too bad.

I liked this episode, however, I found the ending a little weird. Couldn't figure out what the weird look of Grissom's was about.

Back