"Happenstance" Discussion **Spoilers**

Now if you blink and miss the soapish 60 seconds a the end, this was CSI. Character development through the case(s). Warrick does have a bad marriage, but it's not drammed down my throath, just hinted through with his remarks. He's missing his old flirting days. So Warrick *g*. Greg is self-centered, and Warrick has picked up on it. Bless my man's heart. Nick and Warrick did go over and beyond to help you on the hearing, and you're bitching about the civil suit. Shut up already! You're boring the daylight outta me with your covert self-pity. You made a choice, live with the consequences and grow fucking up already. Transformer uh? Thank you TPTB - you just nailed his personality. And that's the way you should have done it from the get go.

And what does Mandy have on Nick to make him sing for his evidence? Oh cuteness!

Hodges, I just have to love the guy. He's just that mean in his usual passive-aggressive way.

There was a case, there was forensics, there was everything I remember from the old-style CSI.

Now this is the only eppy from this season I will watch over and over again.

in my opinion greg isnt self centered. i think that he does appreciate what they did for him. the suit is another problem that he will have to deal with, not whining. i dont think that warrick saw it as whining either, but thats my opinion. i like greg.

it was a very good ep. amazing story, well thought out, well done. i loved grissoms enthusiasm in the Av lab. whats with his glasses?
more warrick, less sara, makes me happy.

i dont know how to explain exactly what i feel about the ep...to say amazing is very general and not decsriptive.
did he really think that he was killing the same one again?

as for the israeli, didnt like her at all. to clear things up...not all israelis are like that, so dont start stereotyping.

archie had alot of time, which is great.

my david!! alot of people thought it was TMI. i dont. at all. i think that it is pure, classic hodges, and i loved nicks expressions in the scene. i also loved that nick didnt get it (when he asked if it was to freeze the doors). davids expression when he said san diego was great.

nick was great throughout the whole thing, nice singing.
as for the GSR, eh. im less and less into it the more and more that i think about it. i was never a GSR fan (obsessive and all that) to begin with, ive always been whatever about it. it didnt necessarily bother me, just wasnt my favorite part of the ep.

the twins' mother...why did she institutionalize herself? i must have missed that. its good that she has horses though. that girl tiffany added color to the whole thing.

all in all, good ep!

i really liked this episode. the story was amazing ... twins separated at birth (i loved how grissom was describing the biological implications of twins).

i loved nicky's singing (it was really good ... doc singing, hodges dancing, and now nicky singing).

i don't think that hodges' peeing incident was TMI. i see it as his way of opening up to nicky. but it just came out wrong.

I don't think Greg is whining either. Greg just shows up and Warrick makes the comment about him not looking like he's been through the wringer, which I thought was kinda insensitive. Warrick knows he's been through the wringer. Maybe it was a backhanded way of saying, "Hey, Sanders, you look like you're handling this well", and it gave Greg an opportunity to open up a little to his partner. The poor guy ended up killing someone accidentally, was nearly beaten to death, had to go through the inquest, now a civil suit and God knows what else. I think he's entitled to vent if he wants, and he's said surprisingly little up to this point.

i totally agree with you labgeekluvr
warrick wasnt 100 fair with him. greg has been through the ringer. it just seems that he handles it well, whick proves that hes srtonh.

Maybe it's Warrick's way of "dealing" in a manly way with how he feels for Greg...ya know, "'ll pretend to think you're a pain in the A** but deep down I really love ya like a brother"

I know the guys I work with (and I too)let people know that they like them by picking on them and being sarcastic. Any time you hear one of us being really polite and nice to a person, it's a sign we don't really consider them "one of us"

McStokes said:
Maybe it's Warrick's way of "dealing" in a manly way with how he feels for Greg...ya know, "'ll pretend to think you're a pain in the A** but deep down I really love ya like a brother"
Not sure how true that is, but I like your take on it.

...or it could just be Gary's annoyance coming through that his charachter has been MIA from epi's for too long now! <kidding...>

I agree. I mean exactly what is Greg doing that is self centered? Existing? He was barely on screen. Warrick made a comment, Greg made a comment back. Greg never would have said a thing if Warrick hadn't brought it up. I agree with the previous posters it seemed (to me, fair enough) that Warrick said, in his own way, "Hey your dealing" and Greg bascially said "yeah but it's not over yet".

It seems to me that because Greg acts reserved or aloof when he's stressed or worried or upset that it means he dosen't care. I think thats just the way he deals, he internalizes and drowns himself in work. Whats the alternative a breakdown.

I liked the episode, The GSR to me isn't doing anything productive. Its just there...almost boring like. In fact, you can really only tell they are together because of Sara's comments or reactions...Gil is so under the radar about the whole thing---which is most likely because he's the boss and maybe not so comfortable about the relationship being known at work. Makes sense...just doesn't do anything for me.

Grissom lack of a response to Sara's "I won't wait up" comment just doesn't seem that his heart is in the relationship the way that Sara's is. Anyhow...not shipping here because I don't really ship this couple anyway.

I really miss the old CSI...and I like the shared chemistry that Grissom had with Catherine. I'm not talking love fest either...just the obvious chemistry these two have together. So tonight's episode brough a little bit of that back...and it was greatly needed I think. I miss the banter these two always shared. Hopefully the writers will have more to come.

Warrick/Greg:

I think Warrick was just playing with Greg. I don't think he meant it as Greg being self centered at all. He was just giving him a hard time. I think maybe he was a bit shocked to see him at the scene too. Greg has been through a rough time, and I think Warrick recognizes it.

Yeah, there just seems to be no chemistry between Sara and Grissom. I think they are too alike. Even with that anthropologist Terri Miller there seemed to be more of a spark.

I am saying that Greg is self-ceneterd. Warrick is too good of a person to say so, I am not. Greg, to my knowledge, has never asked anybody how they are doing or even showed he cares about anybody, except maybe Sara. And that is purely because he has a crush on her. And he tends to talk about himself and his excellency a tad too much.

Don't go blaming Warrick for something I said. It's just MHO.

And the "It's a transformer" was just a tenstiment to the kid he really is. There is a lot of character revealing in that sentence alone. And that is the kind of character building I like, not the stuff it down your thrat kind we've had recently. This is the way CSI shold continue - letting characters evolve throug their reactions to the cases, says more than a lot of over-the-top-drama.

I was wondering about the GSR, so they live togheter now? Grissom? A man that's been acccustomed to living alone for homw many years? I can literally smell the doom.

S_Bright said:
I am saying that Greg is self-ceneterd. Warrick is too good of a person to say so, I am not. Greg, to my knowledge, has never asked anybody how they are doing or even showed he cares about anybody, except maybe Sara. And that is purely because he has a crush on her. And he tends to talk about himself and his excellency a tad too much.

Don't go blaming Warrick for something I said. It's just MHO.

And the "It's a transformer" was just a tenstiment to the kid he really is. There is a lot of character revealing in that sentence alone. And that is the kind of character building I like, not the stuff it down your thrat kind we've had recently. This is the way CSI shold continue - letting characters evolve throug their reactions to the cases, says more than a lot of over-the-top-drama.
Okay, clearly you're not a Greg fan--and I'm not bashing you or flaming you for that, you're entitled to your opinion. Apparently you just don't see Greg's character the way many of us do. A lot of us just can't imagine using the terms "Greg" and "self-centered" in the same sentence, especially now that his character is going through so much at the moment. How else do you expect him to handle this situation?
Part of Greg's charm has been the fact that he's a big kid at heart. This is where his exaggerations of the truth and self-aggrandizing come in--Greg fans just know that's one of Greg's quirks and we find it endearing because it's part of that "big kid" personality. That doesn't appeal to everyone I realize. But to say he's self-centered I think is taking it a bit far--IMHO.
I'll get off my soapbox now because this is getting away from "Happenstance" and more into "Leggo our Greggo" territory.

Back