HALLOWEEN

I like Halloween and of course Halloween themed tv show--Roseanne always had good episodes. Not to mention the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and I have always liked Garfields one two but they don't show that one hardly anymore but I have it on DVD.

Halloween is almost as awesome as - wait no it beats everything it's the funnest holiday there is. It sucks that schools don't get off on that day though. Here in Lebanon, very few people actually go trick or treating, I'd say probably 200 out of the 4 million :lol:. Just becuase its not part of the culture. They don't know what they're missing.

When i was in New York though, we would act like little drama freaks, get the scariest costume there is and pour fake blood all over ourselves, and try to scare people - and if they didnt scream, i'd threaten to unpants them. :D

I posted earlier about how much I hate Halloween, I'm still not a big fan (I wonder if it might be a bit of a British thing?), but I have been accused of being a killjoy and depressing people! So, I now intend to endeavour to answer the door this halloween and be nicer to the children!

As I don't usually do halloween, any suggestions as to how I can make it more fun for the children, should I perhaps answer the door in costume? :confused:

Edited to reaffirm my kinder attitude towards Halloween :)

Do what ever turns you on ;) I personally love the excitment element of the kids, their so happy, and their enthusiasm , by their costumes and they're getting free goodies , what's not to like- :lol: I always loved Halloween parties too!!! guessing who all your friends are :eek:

PIRATES MOST POPULAR HALLOWEEN COSTUME

"Pirates of the Caribbean 2-Dead Man's Chest" won the summer's box office war and how pirate costumes are beating out all others for Halloween!! According to data scared up by etoys.com, Pirate costumes are the most popular followed by a Princess outfit. And while Halloween is still nearly 3 week's away, many parents are already preparing for it!! About 47 percent have already purchased their kid's costumes, and only on percent plan to wait till the last minute!! American parents will dress up to go trick-or-treating but 32 percent plan to wear a costume themselves-and 70 percent of parents will spend up to $100 for their kids outfits- (that's a bit much) :(

Source- LVRJ

Elsie said:
As I don't usually do halloween, any suggestions as to how I can make it more fun for the children, should I perhaps answer the door in costume? :confused:

I wear a costume!!! The kids get a kick out of seeing someone in costume. Plus, with my yard, it would be weird if I wasn't dressed.

I do have a rule. If there's no costume, there's no candy. I have a sign posted just inside the gate that states it in big bold letters.

The rain is really putting a damper on my decorations. 2nd day in a row, there won't be a new posting of pics of my yard. :(

Very cool iwant on the monsters

SPOOKY MOVIE STUFF

The "Ring" scene chosen as the scariest movies scene!! According to a survey by Blockbuster--13 % say the scene where Samara crawls out of the TV set is No. 1 most haunting moment!! 8 % picked the scene from 'Hannibal" where Anthony Hopkins dines on Ray Liotta's head--7% are spooked by the final chase scene in "The Blair Witch Project" 6% are freaked out by Linda Blair's spinning head in "The Exorcist" and 5% are horrified by the scene in "Nightmare on Elm Street" where Freddie Krueger drags the victim across the ceiling!!!

The Buzz- Ken White- LVRJ

PUMPKIN WEIGHS IN AT 1,502 POUNDS :eek:

Warren, R.I.-Despite heavy rains that stunted pumpkin growth, a Rhod Island farmer might have claimed the record for the largest pumpkin in the world!!! Ron Wallace's pumpkin weighed 1,502 pounds at Saturday's weigh-off competition, heavier than the Guinness World Record 1,469-pound pumpkin grown last year by Larry Checkon of PA. Wallance said at the 13rh annual Rhode Island Southern New England Giant Pumpkin Growere Championship (long name) that the key to growing a giant pumpkin is the ability to commit to the task from April to October!! "Pumpkin growing is a lot of work, and you have to stick with it" he said!! It is also weather dependent. Agriculture officials say the heavy rains this seson have damaged or stunted the crop of many competive growers of giant pumpkins!! Central and southeastern Massachusetts were the hardest hit!! Officials say heavy rain delayed planting, impeded pollination and contributed to rot on the blossom of the fruit!! Another ailment "damping-off" constricted pumpkin stems to the early death of many plants!! wow :eek: more than I really ever wanted to know about pumpkins :lol:

Source- LVRJ

:lol: :lol: :lol: funny wibble never thought of that- really- you could feed a tribe on pies from that pumpkin :D

TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE AT AT BAD HALLOWEEN PARTY

10--Jack-O-Lantern looks suspiciously like the neighborhood's mailman :eek:

9--A guy from Domino's delivers a pizza---and win best costume :lol:

8--Shirtless Ed Answer walking around as "The Wolfman" :lol:

7--You see the guy dressed like Bill Clinton coming out of the bedroom with your wife :mad:

6--They're serving haunted pancakes :confused:

5--So called ghost, just the old guy from the 1-800-COLLECT commercials :rolleyes:

4-You say "nice crazy dwarf costume" to a guy and he says "'m Ross Perot, you little weasel " :D

3--Some chemical in all that punch bowl turns you into a crazy little chipmunk :eek:

2--A woman dressed like Lorena Bobbitt mistakes you for a guy dressed as John Bobbitt :eek:

1--Hey Chester---those aren't candy corns!! :p

Back