H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SpeedsDaughter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ditto, MIAMIROCKS! Sorry, but im seeing an awful lot of favoritism here. That is whats wrong, & I mean in this forum not in the show. I can't even begin to tell all the disrespectful things I've read about other ships in other threads. Its our opinion, just as it is thiers, whats the big deal? :)

2. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Well, this isn't other message boards, this is TalkCSI and we have rules to make sure discussion doesn't degenerate into wank. As for speaking about other ships and why one doesn't like them, it's the delivery that makes the difference. For example, if it were said as, "I think Calleigh is better suited for Horatio because [insert reason here]," that's fine. However, if it were said as, "[insert character name here] and Calleigh are being forced down our throats and it's nauseating!" that crosses the line into ship bashing.

If you do see this, there's the Notify Moderator button. Notify the mods about it and they'll deal with it ASAP.

Again, if you see this happening in other threads, notify the moderators about it.

3. JeremyBrettFan

JeremyBrettFan Victim

Not sure if this is allowed, if not please just delete it but there's a new DuCaine community over @ Livejournal...

ducaine_itf.livejournal.com

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Ok guys, here are some quotes from the Shipper Central rules which are located here . Everyone needs to read them and become familiar with them.

Please pay special attention to these:

Shipper Central is designed to be a FUN place for people to discuss their favorite FICTIONAL pairings. Shipping is NOT life or death - it's fun AND it's fiction. So, let's please not take things so seriously. If someone doesn't like your chosen pairing, SO WHAT? You do and that's all that should matter.

We expect EVERYONE to have RESPECT for the other posters in this forum and their ships. Treat other ships the way you want everyone to treat your ships.

To quote TBonz - "Insulting couples (characters) and/or real life actors. DON'T. If you don't like a ship and feel compelled to say why, do it dispassionately and with respect for those who might."

If you know that you'll be uncomfortable or annoyed about characters in your favorite ship being
    shipped with other characters you might not like, DON'T GO AND READ THEIR SHIP THREADS. You only have yourself to blame if you end up upset. There's a very good reason why each ship has their own thread.

AND EVERYONE NEEDS TO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS RULE AND CUT BACK ON DISCUSSING OTHER SHIPS:

Discussion in each thread should be limited to the ship it pertains to. Brief, on topic mention of other ships is allowed (for example, if you are discussing a double date between two pairings),
    Otherwise, discussion of other ships is OFF TOPIC and should be avoided.

This means that there is too much discussion of other ships in this thread. It's time to knock it off.

5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone,

Just put up a DuCaine vid link on the fanfvid thread - for those who are interested to see a possible scenario regarding why H/C aren't interacting ...

In response to Kimmychu:

Actually, I was referring to TalkCSI - and I will definitely take your advice and notify a mod about other ship bashing. (I just don't like to be a "tattle tale")

I've read the rules, and I understand what you're saying (I did take down both posts). However, there still seems to be a "look-the-other-way" mentality around here - and I'm not the first one to notice this.

I notice that you don't care that someone posted about why we all should support E/C and why that ship is so great on the DuCaine thread and attacked my previous post (which did not in any way bash E/C) - Yet it seems like I can't defend my post. It's just frustrating and it seems like there's some preferential treatment going on here. (And again, I'm not the only one who thinks this...)

I agree that it is the delivery that makes the difference, and you may want to consider that when you're trying to correct others... We all want to have fun here, and nobody likes getting "mod-slapped." I feel like you've been kinda harsh here - I apologized and took down the posts - I really hope that's the end of this.

6. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

I always seem to miss the drama, I think thats a good thing really, because I'd go off, lol.

I'm not really sure on how to comment on all of this going on, I just really want this thread to go back to the way it was. Just DuCaine and an occasional mention of Eden and wanting to trip Jake. (but thats my own amusement really considing I do play with Cake)

I'm not going to support EC, everyone here knows that, but I'm not gonna bash it. This is all DuCaine, baby, and why we love Calleigh AND Horatio. :)

I'm going to run away now..

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Exactly the point MIAMIROCKS!!^^^^^^^^^^

Can't wait to check out your new video. Great song pick. Good news is we are in for re-runs for a while, YAY! Back when they spoke to each other!! :D

8. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

CathStokes - believe me you didn't miss much - and I agree, let's get back on topic :) (My bad...)

mjszud - Thanks again - hope you like the video.

Yea, rerun for this week - I think Dec. 10 will be a new episode. I was watching the commentary for "Dark Room" on the new CSI:Miami DVD, and just enjoying H and Cal sharing scenes, looking at each other during/after interrogations and even ::gasp:: backing each other up, guns in hand, at a scene. Ah, the good ol' days... :)

9. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Thank you :)

Guys, we mods aren't playing favorites. I don't even ship anybody from Miami....or Vegas for that matter. I am strictly CSI:NY.

Here's something that might help everyone and please, like CathStokes said, let's get this thread back to the way it was. ;)

This is taken from the Shipper Central rules:

If you know that you'll be uncomfortable or annoyed about characters in your favorite ship being
    shipped with other characters you might not like, DON'T GO AND READ THEIR SHIP THREADS. You only have yourself to blame if you end up upset. There's a very good reason why each ship has their own thread.

thanks

10. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

Wow, ya miss a couple of days in here and everything just goes to H*ll, huh? :lol:

I agree completely, CathStokes!!! DuCaine all the way baby!!! :)

Let's all get along people... (I hate anger and stress, it gives me hives... :rolleyes: ) So, in the spirit of DuCaine love, here is a great manip from the past courtesy of my talented Angel sis HCrazy to get us all back on the track to perfect DuCaine love and harmony...

[​IMG]

DuCaine Forever Baby...Yeah!!! :D:devil:

P.S. Your new vid is AB FAB miamirocks!!! :)

11. CathStokes

Did you manip that?? That looks so real! Seriously. Its very hot. I'm in such a DuCaine high for some reason.

I love this ship, I miss this ship so much and I really want us to get some scenes, especially if the Strike doesn't revolve. Do we know anything yet??

You miss a couple days too or do you mean me? LOL.

12. horatiosangel

Nah, I meant me... haven't posted in here in a little while... RL stuff... :p

And the above manip was by the my Angel sis, HCrazy...so talented she is... :D

I love DuCaine too, CathStokes :) I haven't heard anything about the strike yet, but am keeping my fingers crossed for a quick resolution. I really feel that DuCaine is the most logical pairing on CSIM (age-wise, experience-wise, etc.) and that we are ENDGAME people... it'll just be that much sweeter when they are finally reunited... :D

DuCaine Forever Baby... Yeah!!! :D:devil:

13. CathStokes

ah, same here, I've just mostly posted in CatNip :) Hope yours gets better ;)

Wow, HCrazy, you did good, I didn't even notice it was a manip really and thanks for sharing it with us, you two :)

DuCaine would be a good ship for Miami. (Although I multi) but DuCaine is my OTP though. :) I have complete love for this ship.

14. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey Everyone,

Miamiarocks I am with you and I think we all are! :)

Thanks Cathstokes, I have a blast making the manips. It helps keep my hope alive especially when I see the two so close together. :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Thanks HAngel sis and I hope RL settles down for ya. Hang in there. ;)

We Are DuCaine and We Never Close! EVER! :D

Happy holidays everyone and hang in there! TPTB are just testing us. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HCrazy :cool:

15. horatiosangel

OK... be still my heart... :eek: ... someone actually caught the one and only DuCaine scene thus far in Season 6...

[​IMG] No manip needed... :D
    (Although, feel free HCrazy sis, if inspiration strikes... :devil: )

This gives me hope that DuCaine is alive and well and living in Miami... (we DuCainers never had any really doubt did we??? ;) )

DuCaine Forever Baby...Yeah!!! :D:devil: