H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Ah, but HCrazy DID manip this, I believe. A rather nice one, in fact. It's only a matter a time before all those lovely maips play out on screen just as nicely. :)

*sigh* I've been watching the reruns... they remind me of how it used to be between them.

OMG, you're right SpeedsDaughter... I'm such a dork sometimes... :rolleyes: I just checked out HCrazy's fab website and sure enough it's there... oh well... :)

A&E showed "Witness To Murder" earlier today... such a great epi with Eugene and all, plus, some great DuCaine moments as well.

DuCaine Forever Baby... Yeah!!! :D:devil:

Hey Ladies,

Thanks and I am so glad you all like my manips! Sooooo.... :rolleyes: Okay I had to give you all some pick me ups! :p Horatio and Calleigh are together... Look! :devil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This one was fun trying to keep Cals gun in and Horatio's out. :lol: :lol: :lol: I do hope ya'll get this!!! :lol: If not use your umm, imagination! :D

This is a recent pic from season 6 and I just love how they were caught staring into one another's eyes! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: What would I do without Manips! ;) Dream, dream, dream :D

I hope you all enjoy. ;)

HCrazy :cool:

Hey ladies, I know you've been having a hard time with no DuCaine scenes, so I've taken HCrazy's manips, and made two new poems in the poetry section for you all. I guarantee they will cheer you up.

So have a look, in the FanFic section.

@Hcrazy, thanks for the awesome manips, they always inspire me to write DuCaine Poetry. :)

I just saw a couple of new promp pics for this. The pics aren't of them together, but of them each , IN THE SAME BUILDING (you can tell ) Maybe this will be it!! I may very well have heart failure if this happens :rolleyes: :eek:

Manips :D great as always!!!

So pretty HCrazy... ***stares dreamily at new DuCaine manips*** :eek: :eek: :eek: So talented you are girl!!! :D

I'll have to check out those promo pics mjszud, sounds promising... :)

And new DuCaine poems by luvin'??? My day just got a whole lot better!!! :D

***skips off to check out new DuCaine poems and dream*** ;)

Okay well Mjszud... if they don't give us a scene, I have already maniped one for us! :lol: Heeee hee :rolleyes:
I know, I know... I still have hope but like you said. ;)
The backgrounds were the same so it was easy enough. :devil:

Enjoy our H and C together everyone. :D

You are welcome LMH and Thank you so much HAngel and everyone.

DuCaine Lives!!! :D

Those are great! So if you can work this magic on your computer then why can't the writers do this for us on screen. If "scheduling" is the problem, then by god go get a wax figure of Horatio Caine & just stand him next to Cal; record his voice as if hes talking to her & wah-lah we have a scene :lol:

Hey all!

Hcrazy - those manips were FANTASTIC (especially the first ones you posted of Horatio and Calleigh close together - nice job!) I miss DuCaine, but you guys are all so creative around here - it definitely cheers me up.

mjszud - You'd think they could work a way around all these "scheduling conflicts," right? Anyway, I'm not getting my hopes up b/c how many times have they been at the same crime scene (and even worked the same crime scene) but were not together :( However, if they do get some substantial dialogue (and I mean some serious eye contact and lines, people! :) ) I think I might pass out :D

So ... since the lack of scenes kinda puts a damper on discussions around here, I thought I'd try and get a little nostalgic and ask a fun question :) — What scene/episode first made you a DuCaine fan?

For me, it was "Under Suspicion." I always liked H and Cal's relationship, but that episode — where Cal was so protective and by his side and fighting for him — that's what got me to become a DuCainer :) Ohh, and the Q-tip scene, w/the hands - yea, that was a moment for sure! I mean, there are so many great eps before that, but I don't think it really hit me that these two could work romantically until that Q-tip scene (although the scene in "Lost Son" got me started on the DuCaine path ;) but I was still really sad about Speed ... :( ) "Under Suspicion" was the "ohhh ... duh!" moment for me :)

Anyway, please share what ep/scene made you guys DuCainers:)

Hey miamirocks!!! :D

For me, I have to say that the episode "The Best Defense" from season 2 really put me over the top... there were so many great DuCaine moments in that one... when H overhears the arguement between Cal and Hagan and then he gets all protective of her and stares down Hagan in the doorway and then he comes in and stands close to Cal and asks her if she is alright... just makes me melt every single time I see it... ***sighs*** :eek: :eek: :eek: ***sighs***
On-a-prayer.gif

And then later on when she walks into the lab to talk to H and he asks her in that low, quiet, sexy voice of his "How worried do I need to be about you?"... well the screen just about burns up between the two of them... God I love DuCaine... :) :devil: :)

DuCaine Forever Baby... Yeah!!! :D:devil:

Hey Everyone, :D

Okay, Okay, For me it was Broken, Just one kiss and Kill zone first. :D I realized how much I loved their closeness. They worked great as a team and I found myself looking forward to seeing them working again the following episode. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then in Horrible mind Horatio becomes protective again when they are interviewing that very intimidating cat. :eek: I will try to remember his line, something like, "She is not a student" and you can just see his protectiveness when this other guy is staring Calleigh up and down. :eek: Ohhhh I love that episode. :lol:

Camp Fear, of course... OMG!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Leaches... his hand on her um, leg. :eek: .... THUD!!! :rolleyes: Need I say more! :p :p :p :p

Evidence of things unseen...When that perv tells her she don't even have to undress, the chainsaw would work alone and Horatio gives him a look that could kill! :lol: :p

Okay Miamirocks, if i go on... I will just go on and on and on... this could be a never ending discussing for me! :lol:

So I will just say and all the rest too. Dispo day and Hard time, Best defense, Blood brothers, big brother when she is protective of him.

Umm... all of them really. :D But for me they came together in the first season and Aherm... I also liked H and Y very much too! :eek: Then though, not now! :rolleyes: (Runs off ducking her head as others take swings) :lol: :lol: :lol:

The best episodes are where they are protective of each other. The Best defense and Under suspicion of course. :devil: :p

Mjszud- I hear ya and I wish they would listen to our pleas. Let's just keep hope alive, and well the truth is they can't keep them apart forever. So sooner or later we will all have that scene we are dying for. :rolleyes:

Thanks For the comps on the manips everyone. I just had to put them here because we are missing our ship so much. :D

Sorry, Miamidade, :( I do not ever mean to abuse the thread and I always put them in the manip section too. I just wanted to cheer up our ship and make everyone over here smile. :D Forgive me, its just my DuCaine Love coming out.

Great Topic too, Miamirocks. I could go on forever! ;)

DuCaine Lives!

*pokes head in* Hi! I've lurked in here forever. :D Since I ship everybody, and especially since the one and only time I've ever shipped just one ship it was Horatio/Calleigh, I thought I'd share my answer. :D

Under the Influence was about the second or third episode that I saw. I was brand new to Miami, and at that point I shipped nobody. Wasn't exactly looking for a ship either, since I'd barely had time to figure out who everybody was yet. Anyway, so on comes UTI, and the HC scene at the end got me. The impression I got from that scene as a Miami newbie, was that Horatio and Calleigh had such a close and warm relationship - obviously Horatio cared about her, and Calleigh seemed trusting and open to him, and she didn't want to leave without saying goodnight to him, aww. :D And now that I am way too invested in Miami :)lol:), I've realized that it means quite a bit that she admitted to him that she wasn't doing great.

I fully expected a hug there. Just didn't realize at the time that I was a couple episodes late for that hug. ;)

So then I went back and watched season one (made it *almost* all the way through as just an HC shipper ;) ) and Kill Zone and Camp Fear pulled me in even farther, for reasons already mentioned. I mean, unless it's somebody I'm really close to, I'm not gonna sit still long enough for anybody to grab my leg and slowly and gently pull leeches off...I'm gonna jump and yell and rip them off myself. :lol: And KZ... "I beg to differ" remains my favorite H/C scene. I've always loved the light, flirty scenes they shared. :D

These two were always looking out for each other. Always. There have been *so* many episodes that show just that. And unless I've missed a few seasons or something, Calleigh has rarely if ever seemed to tolerate that from anybody else, and Horatio rarely if ever seemed to need it from anybody else, aww. 'Cause, look who he called for in Under Suspicion. :D

Hi everyone!! *waves* I've been a bad shipper to not post here more often, but I've been stressed with school and exams so sorry for not being here. :( I hear the eppies have been really disappointing anyway, but horatiosangel's videos have been tiding me over the last while, and they're absolutely amazing! :)

HCrazy, those pics are wonderful!! I'm looking forward to the eppie even more because of 'em!! :) :) They're in the same crime scene, YEAH!! Still keeping everything crossed!! :lol:

It's great to see people still posting in here. Shows that this ship is still strong, even following this distance and scheduling fiasco. And it shows that Horatio and Calleigh's relationship is worth shipping because of their wonderful dynamic as a pairing. They have so much potential, and they are the foundations of the team and of the show. :)

Hi everyone!! *waves* I've been a bad shipper to not post here more often, but I've been stressed with school and exams so sorry for not being here. :( I hear the eppies have been really disappointing anyway, but horatiosangel's videos have been tiding me over the last while, and they're absolutely amazing! :)

HCrazy, those pics are wonderful!! I'm looking forward to the eppie even more because of 'em!! :) :) They're in the same crime scene, YEAH!! Still keeping everything crossed!! :lol:

It's great to see people still posting in here. Shows that this ship is still strong, even following this distance and scheduling fiasco. And it shows that Horatio and Calleigh's relationship is worth shipping because of their wonderful dynamic as a pairing

Jessica237, welcome to the thread!! :) And that is a really good question. I would have to agree with everybody else on their eppies, all really special and wonderful. I started watching Miami quite late, about late S3 to the end of S4. I did see 'Shock', and I watched the scene with H and Cal. I knew there was an old history there, and as soon as I went back to S1, I was hooked. I think it was 'Broken' that made me really love DuCaine, because 'Hello Handsome' isn't the most platonic thing someone can say, is it? Or watching someone sleeping isn't just casual either. :D :D *squee* The coffee and sugar line nailed it for me, and I was a H/C shipper after that. :D :)
Everything else after that just pulled me in further. The 'hot flashes' and 'all-black' comments, the leeches scene, that smile in 'Just One Kiss', and their hands almost touching! Basically every single S1 episode made me a devoted shipper. :) 'Lost Son' was the one that cemented my belief in DuCaine after their hug. It was so emotional and so tender, simply amazing. :) 'Under the Influence' is up there as well, because they were completely at odds with each other in the beginning, then that scene at the end just made it all so sweet. His voice was so calming, and I could tell by Calleigh's eyes and her smile that she felt the connection. No denying it!! :)
In S4 terms, 'Under Suspicion' is just one of the greatest DuCaine episodes for bonding. I loved watching Horatio opening up to Calleigh that bit, and Calleigh standing beside him in his hour of need. And who could ignore that hand swabbing scene?? :D :D Any scene in S4 was pure gold for me, seeing as how they were just beginning to grow apart back then. S5 as well, with Horatio being the first at Calleigh's side in 'Going Under', and that look Horatio gave Cal when she walked out of the elevator in 'Death Imminent' spoke volumes of the camraderie thay shared and the chemistry they possessed, and the closeness that I know still exists in some shape or form.
All we can do is appreciate every single moment we have, and hang in there until this bumpy ride is over. I just hope the writers and all the fans will wake up to what's happening, and not just shippers either. This goes beyond ships, it is two friends who have some unresolved business and who desperately need to talk. And soon.

Jessica237, welcome to the thread!! :) And that is a really good question. I would have to agree with everybody else on their eppies, all really special and wonderful. I started watching Miami quite late, about late S3 to the end of S4. I did see 'Shock', and I watched the scene with H and Cal. I knew there was an old history there, and as soon as I went back to S1, I was hooked. I think it was 'Broken' that made me really love DuCaine, because 'Hello Handsome' isn't the most platonic thing someone can say, is it? Or watching someone sleeping isn't just casual either. :D :D *squee* The coffee and sugar line nailed it for me, and I was a H/C shipper after that. :D :)
Everything else after that just pulled me in further. The 'hot flashes' and 'all-black' comments, the leeches scene, that smile in 'Just One Kiss', and their hands almost touching! Basicaly every single S1 episode made me a devoted shipper. :) 'Lost Son' was the one that cemented my belief in DuCaine after their hug. It was so emotional and so tender, simply amazing. :)
In S4 terms, 'Under Suspicion' is just one of the greatest DuCaine episodes. I loved watching Horatio opening up to Calleigh that bit, and Calleigh standing beside him in his hour of need. Any scene in S4 was pure gold for me, seeing as how they were just beginning to grow apart back then. S5 as well, that look Horaito gave Cal when she walked out of the elevator spoke volumes of the camraderie thay shared and the chemistry they possessed, and the closeness that I know still exists in some shape or form.
All we can do is appreciate every single moment we have, and hang in there until this bumpy ride is over. I just hope the writers and all the fans will wake up to what's happening, and not just shippers either. This goes beyond ships, it is two friends who have some unresolved business and who desperately need to talk. And soon.

Here are some caps that show how great Horatio and Calleigh are together, and how great they could be together, if TPTB could only give them a chance:

Looks...
Like these...
Never...
Lie...

Go and check out the Photo Manipulation thread to see CalleighCaine07's fantastic pics of H/C that are guaranteed to make anyone drool!! :lol: ;) They are amazing!!

See ya!! Keep the faith everybody!!
:)

Hey everyone!

Emeraldeyes - good to have you back - we need some DuCaine love around here :)

Now, about tonight's episode: (Hcrazy, looks like we need your manips more than ever!)

Just for the record, everyone, it's officially 27 episodes since our dynamic duo worked a case together. Let's hope this is catching someone's attention b/c it's stupid, unrealistic and VERY FRUSTRATING.

Did anyone else have a small glimmer of hope that it would Horatio in the lab instead of Ryan when Cal was testing the tasers??? I was like - OH MAN! NOT AGAIN! LOL It's sad, but I gotta laugh or I'm gonna cry :(

Also, I'm sick of all these scenes w/just two people - remember the good old days when the team used to work TOGETHER??? Like when there were three or ::gasp:: four CSIs in a scene? I mean, how rude was it that Ryan just walked out w/out filling Calleigh in on his lead in that scene?

OH, and H just casually getting out of the blown-up vehicle - sunglasses intact - w/out a scratch on him. Yea, that's plausible.

Oh, how I long for the days of Seasons 1-3 .... :rolleyes:

Back