H/Cal #5 - DuCaine...Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by SpeedsDaughter, Nov 10, 2007.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Re: H/Cal #5 - Untitled

OK, so who else is psyched about "Stand Your Ground?" I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but how can H and Cal NOT interact?? Loved that line by H - "Can you live with it?" woohhoo!! I think he's talking to a suspect, and defendinig Calleigh - go H, protect your bullet girl!

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Calleigh was yelling at H, at least it would be some sort of interaction. But I think she's yelling at Stetler, or maybe Jake .... ;)

Now how about Calleigh losin' it!? I don't think I've ever seen her get that upset or angry before - holy crap. The s**t is gonna hit the fan in this episode - and the drinking thing - H has gotta step up for her here, c'mon. RIght?

::Back to dreamin' of DuCaine goodness... :) :::

2. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey,

She is defintely yelling at Stetler! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh and I so hope that is not Horatio talking to her, it has to be the bad guy, he would never-EVER talk to Calleigh that way!!! :lol:

Calleigh would open up a can of whoop-ass on him like she is going to do to Stetler! :devil: :devil: :devil: Yayyyyyyyyy,

I love Nove Sweeps and I think H will be there for her. :D :D :D

Okay here is a little Holiday spirit for Y'all. Just like Calleigh would say. These were a lot of fun to make! :lol:

Enjoy! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HCrazy :cool:

3. horatiosangel

horatiosangel Lab Technician

Ok HCrazy sis...are ya tryin' to make me pass out here??? Putting up all those wonderful DuCaine walls at once.... ***thud*** (faints from the sheer DuCaine love ;) ) I LOVE them, sis... sooooooooooo great!!! :)

And I have to say that I can't shake the feeling that Horatio said that line to Jake... I just think he's somehow involved in Calleigh's troubles... he's just such a bad influence on her mojo man... (I've been watching a little too much Austin Powers lately... :rolleyes::lol: ) Oh well... I'm keepin' my fingers crossed that TPTB don't screw this one up like they have before... Go DuCaine Go DuCaine!!! :devil:

And welcome Ruth!!! :) ***waves hello*** This is a wonderful place to share in the DuCaine love... you'll have a great time here!!! :)

DuCaine Forever Baby... Yeah!!! :D:devil:

4. miamirocks

Hey guys - glad everyone's psyched about some possible DuCaine goodness next week - I really hope that at least have one scene togther - they're just so awesome together (I know preachin' to the choir ;) )

Anyway, I just uploaded my first DuCaine video on YouTube - you can find the link in the shipper central fan video thread. Feedback is always appreciated ;)

5. horatiosangel

Great, great job miamirocks!!! (as I said over in the fanvid section too ;) ) And yeah... we better get more than just them standing side by side in the same frame of film crap that we got in "Chain Reaction" either... :mad:

Like I said before... ya don't mess with Calleigh Duquesne and ya better not mess with us DuCainers either... :devil: :lol:

DuCaine Forever Baby... Yeah!!! :D:devil:

6. miamirocks

Again, like I said over at the fanvid thread, thanks Horatiosangel - your videos are awesome, too! I really wanted to use that scene from "Double Cap" to start it off just to show that H and Cal both come from a tough background, have been through a lot, and how they each really understand where the other is coming from. With all the trauma both of them have gone through over the years, especially H, I thought it was important to show how they've been there for each other.

Angst was definitely driving this video - I really wanted Horatio to be forced to see what he was giving up (hence the CAKE scenes ::gag!::) I really liked building to the point where Cal gets shot, and after she survives she confronts Horatio about him being distant, etc. - she really needs to do that on the show...

I'm thinking of finding a song to address the whole E/C thing soon, since that, unfortunately for us DuCaine fans, seems to be the way TPTB are headed. I'd love to see H all angst-ridden b/c he cares for Calleigh, but would never hurt Eric by stepping in. We'll see where it goes in the show, but at least we have fanvids to hold us over - like the DuCaine re-writes! (They rock!) ;)

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Hey guys,

I noticed that DuCaine... Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder is ahead in the poll and it was started on Monday so, do you guys want me to go ahead and change the title to that?

8. miamirocks

I'm down w/that - definitely seems fitting.... and we should really get a name goin' here, so sure! (just my two cents ;) )

9. horatiosangel

Wow... that was my suggestion and it's ahead??? That's sooo cool!!! :D I think we definitely need a name for this thread... "Untitled" just really doesn't get it, does it? :rolleyes::lol:

That name is great with me (of course ;) ) if everyone else agrees... :)

10. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

i agree completly!!!

11. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

Hey,

Okay, so lets do it, our thread needs a name please! :lol:

Do it, do it, do it.... :lol: So, were waiting! :rolleyes:

Yayyyyyyy! H and C have a home again!!! :p

Mondyas episode is gonna ROCK!!!

HCrazy

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I say go for it! :D

We better not be disappointed on Monday or I will have to have a little fit :mad:. Just warning ya all now, its gonna get real ugly if we don't get a good-hearted Ducaine scene out of this. I think the writers decided last February that they were pissed (about this strike thing) so they started writing crappy stories for the show! It seems like thats when it went downhill & the stories got more ridiculous than ever...my opinion anyway.

13. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

breathe breathe!!! we don't want it to get ugly!!!! :devil:

BUT I DO AGREE 100% BUT FOR SOME STRANGE REASON I THINK THAT THEY ARE GONNA ABUSE THE CHANCE FOR SOME WONDERFUL DUCAINENESS BUT I HOPE NOT!!!!

Here's to hoping!!!! ;)

14. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

Oh, what's this I see? A new thread?! :lol:

Hey, guys! I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long, you probably don't even remember me.... :p I've been really busy, but school finishes in a few weeks (I think, thank god!) and then I'll have 8 weeks to make up for my excessive absenses from this board... ;)

Anyway, hows everyone been going? I'm always curious to know how my fellow DuCainers are fairing in this time of shippers drought... *dramatic sigh* Our ship has been beached like a whale, but it will rain again someday! Soon! :lol: ...

I'm glad to have finally had the chance to post on here, so glad to be back...

Talk soon,
    BG

15. EmeraldEyes06

EmeraldEyes06 Lab Technician

Hi everyone!! THREAD #5, YEAHHH!!!! :D :D :) :) Congrats everyone, and I'm so sorry I'm late! *shakes fist at teachers*

Anyway, it's great to see everyone still keeping the DuCaine love alive. HCrazy, I fell in love with those wallpapers! Great job!! If we got DuCaine for Christmas, I'd be smiling so much!! :)

Welcome to Ruth, and welcome back BG!!! :D :D All the shippers are coming back, yay!! :)

I LOVE the title, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'!! I voted for it, and it's perfect! Please make it our title! :)

I realise that we have been disappointed with 'Chain Reaction' and last week's eppie as well, but we did get a scene with them together in 'Chain Reaction', and no matter how small it was, it was something anyway. (says the one with infinite optimism... :p)
    I didn't see the episode, but I saw a cap of them together on liten's site, and I got really emotional. You could see a little tear in my eye... Their chemistry just can't be denied, no matter how hard the writers try to push them apart. And try though they might, you can't stop the inevitable. You can never stop Horatio and Calleigh being together. To coin the words of Tori Amos from 'Bells for Her':

'Can't stop what's coming, can't stop what is on its way.'

That's us right there. I watched horatiosangel's DuCaine re-write with the 'Chain Reaction' scenes, and felt much better!! :)

I am really hoping that with Monday's eppie we will see Horatio show the same concern for Calleigh as he did in 'Going Under', which seems like ages ago now. But hang in there, we'll make it through. This is just an observation from an obsessed poetry-freak; why would Horatio be the first on the scene when Calleigh is run off the road into the river, and then ignore her when she has a gun pointed at her over a year later? It would make absolutely no sense character-wise, but if all else fails, we have fanfiction to tide us over. :) And we will storm the headquarters of CBS, demanding an explanation as to why they passed up this wonderful opportunity to show Horatio's HUMAN side as he consoled Calleigh after her ordeal. I completely agree as well, mjszud. I will lay the smackdown on all their candy-asses!! *blushes* Bit of The Rock there... darn WWE... :lol:

I just saw HCrazy's promo, and I'm screaming half out of fear and half out of excitement!! OMG! I'm so excited!!!

Before I head off on a rant and completely deviate from why I'm here, today is November 18th, the 'Kill Zone' anniversary!! :D :D :) :) *happy dance*

It was 5 years ago today, when Horatio and Calleigh stood on top of the InterContinental hotal building tracking homicidal sniper, Christopher Harwood, and we had the great 'hot flashes' moment:

HORATIO: So what do you get when a six-foot-tall man lays down with a three-foot-long rifle?
    CALLEIGH: Hot flashes, but that's just me.

As well as this scene...

And this scene...

And this scene...

And this great quote:
    CALLEIGH: I don't look good in all-black.
    HORATIO: I beg to differ.

Great times, great times. :) It was quintessentially the perfect CSI: Miami episode with Horatio and Calleigh working together, a riveting plot, and fantastic scenes. :) LONG LIVE DUCAINE!!!! :D :D

Enjoy the caps and all the memories! :) :) See you again soon, and hopefully after Monday, we'll be having ourselves a H/C celebration!!!! :D :D

Byee!! Great to be back again!
    :)