GSR - One Life To Live

Dreams of life within

Catherine awoke in a cold sweat. As she looked around, she realized that she was still in her room, with Sofia beside her.

"Oh my God, It was just a dream." Catherine thought as she walked the baby boy to his crib. He smiled softly in his sleep and Catherine smiled.

"It seemed so real." She thought once again. As Catherine laid the baby boy into the crib, she rested her arm on the side, and watched as her little boy slept.

So carefree.

Sofia walked into the nursery and laid the baby girl into the seperate crib.

"What's wrong?" Sofia said as she walked over to Catherine. She turned around and wrapped her arms around Sofia in a friendly hug.

"I don't know what I'll do if I lost Greg." Catherine said as a lone tear streamed down her face. Sofia smiled and said "You love him. I know you do."

Love.

That word rang through her head like a bell. It triggered her heart to pound passionately at the word.

Catherine released Sofia and said "Sofie, I want to go see him. Will you watch the babies?" Sofia smiled and said "Go to your honey."

Catherine drove silently down the road. The radio pushed through calm music that kept her at ease.

She pulled into the hospital parking lot. "I can't believe I'm doing this." She thought to herself. After passing through reception, she walked down the hallway.

Knocking twice, she walked in to the sound of Greg's voice.

"Hey baby." Catherine said softly as she looked at the worn out Greg. He looked up at Catherine from the bed and said "Hey Cat."

"Why are you in this room? I thought you were commited to the psych ward." Catherine said with panic rimming her voice.

Greg smiled and said "I blacked out in the ward, they transported me here for observation."

Catherine's panic deteriorated. "Why didn't they tell me?" She said softly, her voice barely audible. Greg reached for her hand, and pulled her to a seated position on the bed. "I didn't want you to worry." He said as he softly stroked her hand.

His touch.

She missed it, and she longed for that loving touch for the longest time. His hand was soft, like the petals of a rose falling softly onto her skin.

"How are my 4 babies?" Greg asked as he sat up. Catherine laughed lightly and said "The twins are perfect. Just like the day that they were born."

"And Lindsay?"

"I haven't heard from her, but the doctor told me that she's doing great. She might be able to come home soon." Catherine finished.

Greg winked and said "And how's my baby doing?" Catherine smirked and said "Im okay. Im missing you though." Greg laughed.

His laughter.

Catherine heard it everytime he played with the twins. He watched as he tickled them to entice a brilliant smile from the children.

"I'll be back soon. I promise." He said as he kissed her hand slightly. Catherine's eyes began tearing softly. As a tear fell down her cheek, Greg stroked it away. She then rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

His promise.

Great chapter, and the way you write this is just so fluent and you can just lead us one way and take us another. Another chapter soon please!

Well thnx for those wonderful comments but those last three or four updates haven't actually been me but my GF LOL I don't think I can write something that good. LOL. Anyways there will be more up soon!

Not meaning to be the passer of the cards, because you have so many wonderful ideas and all (and no, I'm not going to chase you around with a pitchfork, although I might throw some fruit. j/k) Umm.. but anyway make sure to watch your the's, use commas when necessary, don't use numbers for words, etc.

Other than that, I can't wait for another update :lol: So hurry before I bring out that pitchfork-- oh wait, I promised not to use it *switches the fork in my right hand* Oh well... drive forward :devil:

Ya the last few updates weren't me they were my gf and she has a habit of that lol. I usually don't use numbers as words and we will try to have another update up soon.... we are both catchng cold and I have alot of homeowrk *sigh* *scribbles down a answer to math problem* besides the fact i might be down a puter cause mine ain't working and my dad might have to reformatted again. So i will have to fight the other seven people in the house for my moms. But i can garuntee that we should have one up within the next bit here.

Ah, a cold... just got over one myself. Math just stinks, and *seven* people, oh boy, hope they don't stay up late, maybe you could use the computer then. Well whatever happens, good luck, and happy writing :p

Missing

Grissom sat in Sara's hospital bed. He watched her every movement, and every irregular movement caused his heart to skip a beat.

"Gil."

Sara's voice cracked the silence and caused Gil to shake off the cobwebs of daydreams.

"What's wrong Sara?" Gil said as he took her hand and softly stroked it. "Nothing." She said.

Gil looked at Sara's face. Her eyes glittered majestically in the shallow hospital lighting.

"Gil, can you call the house and check on the babies?" Sara asked softly. Her voice, though commanding and strong, was weak.

Gil nodded and stood up from the chair. "I'll be back." He said as his blue eyes connected with her chocolate brown peepers.

"Nick?" Gil asked after dialing the cell phone.

Nick's mind was groggy as he held the phone lightly to his ear. "Yeah? Grissom?" He said, slightly slurring his speech.

"Did I wake you?" Gil asked. Nick looked at Heather who was asleep next to him. "No, we were just...resting." He said.

Nick walked over to the nursery, being cautious not to wake Heather, who was sighing softly as her slumber droned on.

"Oh no." he said softly.

Gil's mind filled with panic. "What?" He said.

"The babies are missing."

*bumps*

Just in case Jaci wants to update the fic. It's been inactive for quite a while, and you left us at a cliffhanger. :eek:

Please update soon if you get the chance. :)

I will have a update for you within the next few days ... i had had one and then forgot to copy in case it didn't work and then my internet wasn't working and i just need some relax time for a few days too much at home ... almost went into a anxiety attack......

Back