"Grissom's Divine Comedy" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 27, 2008.

1. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

20 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. jimmyolsenblues

grissom making soup at 4am? who is the big dog? damn u eklie!!!!!

3. jimmyolsenblues

iphone!!!!!!!!!

4. jimmyolsenblues

what a jump by warrick!!!

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

meh, it was ok. After the excitement of miami and new york, this eppy was just so-so.

-the case was way too predictable, i knew who the killer was as soon as they showed him
    -i knew the guy was using the books to get info out, as soon as they showed him reading i knew that
    -i really don't like David's new haircut...yikes! :wtf:
    -Why did they use Catherine and Grissom scenes to promote the eppy, then cut them all out??
    -I wish Grissom would leave. I used to LOVE his character....what did they do to him!! A dog? Named Hank?? COME ON!
    -I did like the Matty character...and she had great chemistry with Grissom.
    -What did Billy eat during his break? Yikes, he needs a treadmill pronto (not to be mean or anything :lol:)
    -Grissom's apartment magically became two levels! When did the renovation happen?
    -did they change the opening credits, or was that just me?
    -why did they give us a promo with the outakes, which were better than what was aired?? That is mean...
    -Well, i liked the banter between Greg, Nick and warrick...that was good.
    -was that end necessary?? Sara left the show, lets keep it this way for awhile...
    -overall, i found it really slow. Maybe i am just watching too much New york...i don't know. It just isn't the same without the old Grissom.

hmmm...at least next week looks good.

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It was an okay episode. I didn't like the D.A. and the way she ran down the CSIs, yet does a major screw up herself.

The IPhone scene, please no more of the GSR. I'm ready to stop watching the show. Sara is gone. Let it go TPTB. You made the vocal minority happy now be done with it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  7. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I guess I'm among the few that was pleasantly surprised by the episode. I went into it without thinking much of it, though, so I guess that helped. Low expectations for something that actually turned out pretty well in my opinion.

I thought the case was fun, and I've mentioned on other boards, but it just tickled me that they thought they solved everything with 20 minutes left in the episode, and then it shifted. I just liked that little touch. We don't see that as much with CSI episodes these days.

I loved everyone invading Gil's privacy and just showing up in his house while he's trying to heal. For some reason, it cracked me up each time someone would come to the door and burst in. There was just a nice touch to it, I suppose, considering Gil's a rather private person.

I enjoyed his interactions with Maddie, and I really did like her brashness. I'm not sure why, but something about her clicked with me, and I just had fun with her being around. I guess sometimes when we just watch our team, we lose sight of what other people would think of them. Her running down their lists of sins was amusing for us long-term viewers (or, at least, me) because what we see as things they've overcome, she sees as detriments to their character.

Although, she didn't mention Gil's cavorting with a supervisee, but that's ok. :)

Being the GSR shipper I am, I loved the little touch at the end. I'll get into it more in the shipper thread when I have a moment, but I really thought it was a nice touch to get to see his face light up, to see him relax. It was only eight seconds, but it was just a really nice touch for those of us who have spent since she left wondering what the future of our ship will be. That look, even if it was less than 10 seconds, spoke volumes for us.

Overall, I'd give it a 7 or 8 of 10. I really enjoyed it a lot more than I expected, and can't wait to see what my husband thought when I get off work! :)

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I very much liked this episode. Bonnie Bedelia ROCKS! Makes me wish I had watched The Division more often than the few times I did.

I liked the Gil/Maddie chemistry. It seemed very natural. Has WP worked with Bonnie before?

I liked the return of the team chemistry again. VERY refreshing.

Brass getting emotional? Interesting turn.

I liked the return of Jack McGee (Mr O'Malley). He was in the Abra Cadaver episode as the road manager.

Nice little reference to MacGyver.

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

oh i forgot to mention two other things...

cerulean blue? I swear there are x-files fans on the writing staff...

and catherine using the phrase 'hoser' yes! maybe a canadian writer as well :lol:

10. 13CSIgal

13CSIgal Victim

Overall I thought it was a good show for a comeback. I loved the coughs and sneezes. I think my favorite part was the ending. I had a warm fuzzy when he got his phone call. awww:p:

11. hellogilbert

hellogilbert Prime Suspect

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I liked it overall. I liked the Maddie character. Just shows again that someone else, like Keppler, could come in and be a strong character and fit in. And I liked the chemistry with Grissom. That could/should go places. ;)

Agreed, the outtake footage was better than what was actually shown.

I liked Super Dave's buzz! :) And Nick's scruff.

So is the Warrick storyline over now? Maddie didn't even bring that up...just the crooked judge, which like her comment about Nick, was season one!

I couldn't tell at all what next week's show is supposed to be about.

13. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

I really liked the episode and I have to respectively disagree with xfcanadian on one point. Otherwise I agree with the majority of your other comments. I thought the case was creative and different. I liked the "old school CSI" with lots of evidence processing.

I liked Grissom and what I assume is Sara's apartment. Very groovy!

I thought the team interaction was great. Brass was emotional and that got to me.

Finally I liked the banter between Grissom and Maddie. Reminded me of Grissom and Catherine. No love there, but they talked liked old friends. Reminded me of some of the conversations I have with my "work husbands" when I worked!

Overall a great episode. I never checked the clock to wonder when it would be over. I only hope the rest of the season is just as good.

Oh, and I love me some Hodges!!! And I love me some GSR at the end!

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:lol: Yeah, I caught that too :p

I haven't quite made up my mind about this one yet. It wasn't bad. It was different, which I generally like. Felt bad for the poor sick guys. Urg. Okay, I shouldn't try to review when I'm tired. Maybe I'll have more coherent thoughts in the morning.

15. Cheetara86

Cheetara86 Civilian

My poor babies were sick, I would have made them all better:thumbsup:

How adorable was Greg with his scarf? And Grissom's dog is just as cute...