"Grissom's Divine Comedy" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I thought it was a really good episode. Lots of CSI actual work which is why this is my favorite CSI.

Yeah I am at home and was watching the show with my dad and he kept asking me what they were saying in Spanish. I know enough to know what was said each time. I did not take the threat too seriously since I know Grissom is coming back next season. :lol:

So only Grissom, Nick, and Greg were the sick ones really. Poor Greg, he really sounded sick, his voice was a lot deeper than usual. (Makes me wonder if Eric really was sick). Grissom and his pooch were cute. Nick looked good with the scruff.

I liked the little scene at Grissom's place with Brass and him though. They've both been through a lot, especially Brass.

I liked the Deputy DA too. Bonnie B was great. I could see her more on the show.

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I was plesently suprised by this ep, even after all the spoilers and deleted scenes.

I think that taking out the scene with Cath and putting Maddie in was a great idea, she got under Grissom's skin better than most of his co-workers could. She's not afraid tot ell it like it is....but on the other hand calling out the faults of the teams and then not even going there about Grissom and Sara was just wrong. I'm sorry but if the blame is being doled out then it should be applied to all, favortism died when Sara left.

I loved Greg in this ep! :drool: "leave me alone I've got a cold" All bundled up in the scarf. :D :lol:

Nick and the China reference to Hodges was classic, even with the meds he can still zing the annoyance.

Cath and Warrick aparently have been taking their vitimans and didn't get what everyone else had. Though being around them they might be getting ti next week. Then again continunity hasn't been a big strong point so who knows.

Atleast they didn't do a dig at Dante's Inferno, but I wasn't too big on defacing a book with urine. Creative at best but disgusting at the same time.

Now this next part bugged me a bit....the editing when Warrick was flipped off the stairs by the explosion...wtf is up with that?! Off the steps, back on, and off again...I think there was a short time to get this all together but someone should have caught that...

The end...I'm going to be one of the people who looks at this as it wasn't Sara on the phone. If it was he would have had a bigger smile and more happiness, even if he was sick there would have been more emotions. I think it was his mom, sibling, or another friend who called to see who he was doing. Grissom may be a complex person but anyone would be more animated when someone they love would be on the phone.

8/10 overall.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Though something still seemed a little off to me. I liked the episode. Gonna watch it again.

How could you not love "Then go work in China". They should have left the scene with Hodges mocking what Nick said instead of the "wear a mask" comment.

The scene with Nick and Warrick, should have left the part with Nick laughing.

I liked Bonnie B. in this episode. Thought she was great and fit in perfectly with everyone. I would like to see her come back. I love when the ladies get under Grissom's skin.

The scene with Grissom and Brass in Grissom's apartment, shows how close these two are. Never really seen Brass get that emotional before. I mean you can't be hard a** all the time.

As for the phone call in the end, it was probably Sara, but I have to throw a wrench in things. It could have been Lady Heather calling him. He would have answered the phone like that with her.

Also, I remember reading months ago, Mendelsohn or Zuiker (I can't remember and can't find it on the web anymore, but I'm looking) where they mentioned a possible love interest for Grissom. It was going to something with a mob storyline, she had a kid, but all that could have been changed.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

wolfesgamergirl, Grissom's mom is dead and he don't have sibling, he is only child. It was Sara and nobody else, he has the smile on his face that he never do with Lady Heather or Catherine and never said hi to them like he said it to Sara and he have the biggest smile on his face and that it.

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^I don't recall them saying his mum was dead but yeah about his dad being dead and him being an only child.

I liked the episode, I like when they got more personal, it makes characters look more real.
    It's a pity they deleted Catherine's scene at Grissom's appartament, it could be nice if they include it on the DVDs.
    Oh, and I like when they talk in Spanish and don't translate it [/evil]

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I'm with you, Hormiga, when someone said on other board, not this board and said, Grissom's mom died and I goes 'Huh.' When she died? I don't remember he said that. May I miss it when he said, he has his mom's bead cross.

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

this was my first time watching CSI on tv since last year's finale, i didn't really watch the whole season either. GDC made me realize how much i love CSI and even without Sara it's still one of my all time fave shows.

i liked the whole story how the team thought it was a gang murder and how Grissom got the leader at the end (i was mad he used Dante's Inferno that's one of the best stories i've ever read... yeah i know why they used it lol).

since i haven't seen the show in a while i was like "when did Grissom get his dog?!" and my brothers just looked at me funny b/c i am so outta the loop with CSI now. i felt bad that everyone kept bothering Grissom when he was sick, poor guy couldn't even relax.

poor Nick and Greg they looked like they just wanted their pyjamas on and a big cuddly blanket lol. i was laughing soo much when Nick coughed on Hodges, it almost seemed like Nick did it on purpose lol.

i kinda had a feeling the whole car fire and killing was staged. i liked that one case lead to the gang leader going to jail for a long time through something else like the books. it was cool to see Natasha Gregson- Wagner, i liked her when she was occassionally on The 4400.

great ep to come back with, different and interesting. i just wish they showed Catherine looking at the pic of Grissom and Sara. it was stupid of whoever to not leave that in but CBS knows what will get people to watch the show.

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Well sorry that I don't know every little detail about Grissom...not really a huge fan. But I'm still sticking to the fact that is wasn't her on the phone.

And I'm sorry if the GSR fans don't like that statement, but that's my take on it. He didn't have that look on his face he was more the 'oh my phone's ringing' and he answered it and laid down because he's tired.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I don't believe his Mom is dead? Unless she died after Season Three's "The Accused is Entitled". Remember Grissom told Phillip (I think that's his name) that his mother said hello.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

It was SARA, and when Ecklie or the undersheriff calls he either ignores them or says "Grissom" and he did smile, their in touch often, he told Brass in "KILL" he's peaceful and contented with her, not a teenager who jumps up and down, when she calls, plus the fact "HE WAS SICK" and lying down. And he does respect women so this Maddie person, apparently crossed his path in the past, but his no comment to her comment. he's a sly fox on ignoring them. He has had friendships with with other women, even helped out Cath with Eddie, he's protected and looked out for the ones who can't seem to help their selves, with their own problems. He likes women and is respectable and that's another admirable quality of this character... but his "heart, mind, body and soul" belong to Sara:thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2008
  11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Everyone's gonna have their own opinions on the phone call at the end... no point arguing.

Part of the reason I personally believe it's Sara is based on what Ms. Mendelsohn said about this episode giving us a better sense of where Gil and Sara are in their relationship. So, that's why I lean my way, but no amount of arguing will sway those who believe otherwise.

TPTB left that air of ambiguity on purpose, and while that does bother me to some point, and I've aired that out in other places, I am going to just have to live with it. :)

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I thought you'd all like to see the ratings of last nights CSI we're baaack:bolian: It CAME IN #1 ......the ratings on the TV Media thread has a glitch and it won't post the post:(

CSI RULES

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I remember reading somewhere that this episode would give the viewers some idea where the GSR is at.

So with that I'm in the 'it was Sara' camp.

And let's hope it's left like that.

14. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

so no other woman can talk to Grissom? Seems a bit silly. And there wasn't any proof that it was Sara. Plus, how is that an update of the status of their relationship?? Good lord, i am glad i am NOT a GSR shipper, i would be pissed of how they are handling this.

ulg, heaven forbid they cast GSR in any kind of bad light. They are just trying to hard to get fans to like this ship. It isn't working, people are not going to just change their mind.

No kidding, eh? Maybe it was Cath phoning him :p

15. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Yet some people think that this is the end all be all. Some respect for others and their take on things would definetly be appreciated. Not to mention not jumping on others because they don't know a little detail about a character they don't partically care for or follow.

Exactly, there was no caller id shown therefore it could have been any number of people. So therefore the conclusions already made aren't wrong in retospect.