Grissom & Sara #27: Intimately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday, Alyssa. May your dreams of Butterflies, and bugs fill your mind.

I don't think Sara was sad when she read the letter. I think she was happy, but was kind of thinking "Yeah, Grissom. You sent me a cocoon, and I find your letter in the middle of Shakespere?" she smiled, and she pushed her lips together (Okay- Sorry, but I love the lip pushing, haha) she was definitely surprised/happy.

And, I personally think Grissom left the letter sort of out in the open intentionally for Sara to find it. :p

Thanks Guys for explain it to me. I just not sure if she is sad or not. I got to learn look at her lips moving. She is happy. She understand him because they both are not people person and they do have a lot of common with each other, 1. They love their work. 2. They are not people person. 3. They do love animals. 3. Sara and Nick has a similar with each other, not a lot of commom with each other, just similar with each other.

Happy Birthday Alyssa!

I am with you all - Sara is my fav character. If she dies I won't be able to watch! And, all this GSR angst for what??? :mad:

For anyone who is bored, go back to the GSR thread #18 to look over all the spoilers, speculation, and reaction leading up to and after last years Finale, it is quite funny.

Actually, mrb105, it May 17 is the season finale, not the 18, unless it Part 2.

I guess I'm going have to go read on number 18.

Oh, I'm sorry about that. I thought you were talking this year, not last year. I just start to like Grissom and Sara this year.

Ya me too, but I liked going back and seeing what everyone was saying before and after last seasons finale, and just posting the date as a reference point. I'm not a shipper myself, but just like discussing what is going on with the show currently, which is why you will only see me in this thread in shipper central.

P.S. There is no way this thread is gonna hold off before Thursday, we might as well keep voting.

Thanks mrb for that.

Wow...you guys went nuts when we went canon. :lol:

I remember, that night actually. I wasn't on the board for like a year (life got in the way) and I cried about Brass.

The end came and you se Grissom talking and just chillin' on the bed. Then I saw legs and this robe walking towards him and I was like "You Go Grissom with that ugly *ss shirt." Then she bent down and it was SARA. :eek: I lost my sh*t. Seriously. I was screaming and in an apartment complex, that's not exactly good. Then my mom was yelling at me to shut up. :lol:

::sigh:: Those were the good old days.

Now we have 2 episodes left that I am dreading. One because it's the end of the season and two...
Because of s certain whip wielding dominatrix and an end scene that I will SURELY got batshit crazy over. :roll eyes:

As soon as I saw that promo...I new it was going to be a bad week.
Things are just not going right for me these last couple of days...I really hope it's better than it looks.

Meh. Whatev. :rolleyes:

Sh*t happens right?

Hurray for GSR! :D

To be quite honest (Being the spoiler-free nut I was until after Happenstance :p) I thought Brass was going to die :lol:

Anyway, yes- When I watched the finale, and I saw the robe. I remember yelling out loud "It's Sara.. Wait, no. CATHERINE! Nah, it's Sara" and then to my eyes' delight- I saw Sara. (Wearing a pink robe :lol:)

remember yelling out loud "It's Sara.. Wait, no. CATHERINE! Nah, it's Sara" and then to my eyes' delight- I saw Sara

Hee! Sonnet 47 is making a popular culture comeback! It's infiltrating our speech! :D

I'm really not that worried about Lady Heather's impact on GSR. I mean, TPTB have labored the past few epsiodes to assure us that Grissom loves Sara. It wouldn't make sense for him to change overnight, just because Lady H comes back in the picture. I have a feeling that everything in that promo will have an innocuous explanation, and that, if anything, we'll see more GSR lovey-doviness rather than less.

LadyDisdain said:
Hee! Sonnet 47 is making a popular culture comeback! It's infiltrating our speech! :D
Isn't that the truth. I've found myself saying parts of the sonnet for no reason at all. :lol:

I'm not worried that much about LH's return. I was at the beginning, but I don't think WP would let anything come between GSR.. And geez, she's in the hospital from the looks of it; how much harm can she possibly do. :p

Wow. Birthday wishes! Thanks guys! It's actually officially my birthday, and I'm feeling old. LOL.

Anyway, I was in church today... Follow me. It's GSR related, but I have to set it up. Anyway, we're doing a great series, and part of the sermon today involved the 5 "un's" as my pastor calls them. "unappreciated" for example. They're things that usually make us get angry. We feel one of the "un's" and we get angry. I generally agreed, and as he went down the list, I'd either think: "That's me. That's Matt. That's me." He got to the last one, which was "uncertain" where a person is unsure of where the relationship stands, etc.

My first thought? FIRST thing that came to my mind? "That's Sara."

And I just about DIED. I couldn't laugh, so I'm sitting there, trying to hold it in, and realizing that I'm just a warped GSR fan. I told Matt about it after church and he just shook his head at me.

See, I think the letter scene wasn't as ooey gooey as some people are making it out to be. I know. I know. Just my opinion. So, let's break it down since I have yet to weigh in on this particular moment in the Grissom/Sara timeline:

So, we start with Sara and Grissom sitting on their/his massive bed. I love that she's in the corner, comfortable, eating her yogurt while he grins like a schoolboy inches from the screen. Between them lies a giant pooch, and I can't help but smile because they look so relaxed and comfortable in their own skin. I think that's one of the signs of a stable, long-term relationship: You can be on a bed together and just... be. You don't have to always be bumping and grinding, but can just be comfortable with one another.

He smiles at her as he gets up, and she's content to sit there a bit longer. She doesn't feel the need to chase him. He doesn't feel the need to tell her where he's going. They trust one another.

She reaches for the remote, but never actually turns off the television, which makes me giggle every time I watch the scene. I guess they were originally considering a fade-out with the audio from the movie, but I can't help but giggle as she reaches for the letter.

I don't believe he left it there for her to find. I believe it was just there, and she was curious. She sees his handwriting, her name, and part of an address. She's curious. Should she look? She glances towards the door, as if listening for him to come around the corner, but she thinks it's safe. And, afterall, it has her name on it.

She begins to read, and the line jumps out at her about expressing feelings. She smiles. This is the Gil Grissom she knows, a man who's just not good at expressing his feelings, who would stammer when confronted by her, who would shy away. Stepping into this relationship was huge, but he's still the same man in many ways. He's still dopey and a bit unsure when it comes to making a relationship work.

She reads on, a bit confused. Why is he talking about them being far away? Then, she reads the line about "I'll miss you" and it clicks. He wrote this on sabatical, and he really did miss her. After all her worrying about his intentions and thoughts while he was gone, here's the truth in an undated letter, a letter he wrote to her while he was away...

She reads on, but as she gets into the poem, a lump develops in her throat. This is deep stuff. This isn't just an "I miss you" letter. This is a love letter like none other. This is Gil Grissom, the man she knows as a man who struggles with feelings, in the most direct way possible expressing how he feels. Yes, he uses borrowed words, but they are darn good borrowed words, and the sentiment is not lost.

She finishes the letter a little unsure. Here it is, in her hands, the most brilliant love letter he has ever composed. It was a letter to her, but he never mailed it.

And there, I think, lies the heart of this scene. Yes, she finds the letter, and we're all squeeling like children, but there's still a sadness and touch of confusion.

Remember when he said she made him happy? When I saw her face, it didn't strike me as, "Wow. He loves me." It was more, "Did he just say what I think he said?" It was almost confusion. Yes, he said it in his own way, but that's the problem with Grissom, sometimes, and the way he communicates. He communicates in roundabout ways. So, after that little encouter, she's left wondering if he realizes what he said, if he realizes that he implied that he loved her.... or.... was that even really the intention of what he said? How does HE define "Happy?"

And I think that concern was added to after she read this letter. This time, the message is direct. Her image stirs his heart so deeply that even when they're a country apart, he can see her, and it brings delight to his eyes, and to his mind's eye, and to his heart. She brings him delight. She stirs his heart. She's with him whereever he goes. That's a heckuva lot more direct than, "You make me happy."

Here, this very passionate letter say, "You're a part of me." Woah.

But he never sent it. That's where the fear comes in. Why would a man write the most passionate love letter he's ever written and then not send it? Why would he keep it hidden in a book months after he returned home?

And here's what I think her biggest fear might be: Is HE unsure of what HE feels? And if so, how permanent is this whole thing?

I mean, this letter is heartfelt and real, and the intent of the letter hits her HARD as she reads it... and she wants to get lost in it, but the deeper it gets, the deeper it cuts, because this is the greatest love letter ever stuck in the middle of a book. She's sitting there, and it's in her hands, and he's in the other room, and she needs to know if these words are true, but are afraid of what she might find out if she asked.

She can't walk into the other room with the note in her hands and demand answers, or even test his feelings. She can't let him know that she read the words, because, in her mind, there's the change he could be peturbed with her for invading his privacy... or, worse, he could validate her worst fears.

She was so cozy and secure in this relationship before he left, but then he rocked her world by taking off for a month without giving her much warning, and then stayed away without much communication.

He did send her a bug on a stick. Very Grissom, but, in Sara's mind at this point, not nearly as personal as this letter. When the stick came, she had searched for a letter, for some sign of his intentions and thoughts of her while he was away. She found nothing but paper protecting this very strange bug on a stick. She wanted these beautiful words, but now that she has them, it's bittersweet. They're beautiful words, but he didn't mail them. He didn't send them. He wrote them down and tucked them away, and she has no way of knowing if he ever intended for her to find them.

Maybe these words were written down because he felt he had to say something, but then realized it was too much. Maybe he wrote these words down, then changed his mind because he was afraid of becoming too attached to her. Maybe he doesn't want this to be "forever."

Yes, you and I know differently, but Sara's not secure right now in her world. She's better, but everything is still in recovery mode after Grissom took off on her. Yes, he had a valid reason, but in her mind, he still left for a month without discussing it with her first. He made up his mind that he had to get away from everyone, including her, to take care of himself... and while, I think if they had discussed it she would have been able to handle it better, she's still got to wonder if she's what drove him away.

We all know the truth: The MCSK case, the pedophile, the stress and all the day to day muck got to him and he had to leave...

But Sara knows he's been through all this muck before and been fine. In her mind, the only added thing is their relationship. Maybe that's what drove him away....

He comes back and they smooth things over, but it's not healed, and these little scenes are really confusing Sara more than anything.

Remember I said that church reminded me of Sara? This is all I was talking about. She's uncertain of where they stand. She wants to believe that it's forever, but there are so many mixed signals, and Grissom's not the kind to walk up to her and profess his love every ten minutes. He works differently, and while she understands this, she needs some cold, hard evidence of how he feels... not roundabout answers and hints. She needs something to cling to, but she's too afraid to ask for it, and he doesn't realize just how badly she needs it.

And I think it's all a setup for LH. If Sara were completely jealous and freaky over LH while she had NO issues with Grissom, people would call her pety. And, some still might, but in reality, she's dealing with her own issues with Grissom and this just piles on top of it. She wants to believe that he loves her, but when he goes off and spends the night with another woman (innocently or not), it's just disconcerting and confusing. She's trying so desperately to just gather information, and to not bristle at the very mention of Heather's name, but he complicates matters from the moment he shows up at the hospital... because Sara knows he didn't know where she was, but assumes he knew where Lady Heather was... And that's enough to rip into a woman. I don't think Grissom is going outside of his usual life, and that's the thing... It's an issues I run into with my fiance sometimes: Some people have more trouble adjusting to being in a relationship because they're just so used to living their own lives, and it's not that they're cruel, but they can be painfully unaware of how their actions affect the person they're in a relationship with.

And I can only hope that the whole experience opens up the door for Grissom to realize that his actions have consequences, and that he has another person in his life. She let him walk on the sabatical from what WE saw. I don't think that struck home as much, but in the promos, we can plainly see she is not happy with what is going on, and I don't blame her. It's a rough spot to be in, because in his mind, he is only being there for his friend. But, Sara doesn't have all the information. She's operating on heresay and office talk. She doesn't have any information from HIS MOUTH on what went down between him and Heather. At least, that's how I interpret it. And I think she's struggling with the fact that he hasn't been upfront with her. I mean, she never met Heather before. I'd like to think that was a kind act on Grissom's part. I really would.

You see, I think that the first time she didn't meet Heather was pure luck, just the way the shift worked out. However, after that, I think Grissom purposely kept Sara away not because he was afraid of the romantic implications and what truths LH might speak, or that it might affect his relationship with LH or Sara... I think he kept Sara away because he knew she had an issue with abuse. At this point, he didn't know what it was, but he was almost always aware that it made her uneasy, that there was something there that struck a chord. I really can't see a girl who was physically abused as a child, who reacts terribly just to pictures of abuse getting riled up and excited over the thought of being strangled against a bed or struck with a whip. It would just hurt her more, and I like to think that THIS was the reason he kept Heather and Sara apart. I don't think he was worried about how the two would get along, but how much it might hurt Sara to have to be exposed to an environment where pain=pleasure. For Sara, pain is a very horrible thing that she has dealt with far too much.... Sure, maybe he did keep Heather and Sara apart because he was worried about missing out on sex with one of them, but I really don't think that's the case, and I tend to hope that his intentions in keeping the two separated will be revealed in this episode...

Sara needs an affirmation of his love right now. She needs something direct, and I can only hope he'll give it to her.

Especially before she's pinned in an upside down car gasping for breath. I don't want to go into the finale with the two of them pissed at each other, and since Carol Mendelsohn said that LH wouldn't have the affect we assumed she would, I'm thinking we'll get some big affirmation of Geek Love at the end of TGTBTD... But, I just don't want to go into the finale with a sour taste in my mouth when we're supposed to be freaking out alongside Grissom over Sara being missing

And, I have to say that the promos lead me to believe that something's stirring. Before the latest promos came out, back when the first "Final Four" promo came out and Grissom said, "Don't you believe in the impossible?" I said: "I wish they were talking about Geek Love." I'm still hoping they are... not directly, of course, but I think it would be ironic and very tasteful and tragic for Grissom and Sara to be about ready to come out of the closet, so to speak, when things go bad. I mean, if he decided at the end of TGTBTD that he was going to step down from supervisor, or something, so that he and Sara could be openly together, so that no one would ever misinterpret, again.... and then she's kidnapped and possibly murdered right before they're ready to share their love with the world? Wow. I mean, half the fun of a secret relationship is keeping everyone in the dark. My fiance and I know a couple who VERY FEW people (including us) knew were a couple for the longest time. Now, slowly, others are finding out, and that changed their dynamic, the more people who knew... If Gil and Sara were ready to let the cat out of the bag, and then she was kidnapped and the cat was FORCED out of the bag... that would be poignant to me rather than having them go into the finale mad at one another and then have this big "aha" moment with Grissom finally recognizing that he loves her. Gag. Me. Now. I'm sorry, but I don't think that their relationship should depend on something bad happening to keep them together. Ya know?

And, I've written a novel. I better stop, because I really could go on. And, being my birthday, I have a mind to do whatever I want to! :) But, alas, work waits for me tomorrow. *sigh* Anyway, enjoy my ramblings if you dare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back