Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I don't know if I can pick a team where the beard is concerned. I mean, I hated facial hair on men until my fiance. His beard is just YUMMY, and he's the reason I gave CSI a chance, and the reason I got addicted to GSR (he apologizes to most people for that). So, when I first started watching, Gil was clean-shaven, and I liked it. And when he first got the beard, I HATED it. Then, I grew to love it. I thought I was going to get emotional when he cut it off, like I did when my fiance went clean-shaven for a bit (*tear*). So, personally, I don't care.

However, in the context of the show and in an effort to continue facial hair continuity, I think Gil should come back clean-shaven. He might have grown the beard while he was away to keep warm (hah. It's so freakin' warm on the east coast. It's January and it was in the 70's most the week!)... but he should be clean shaven coming home to Sara, since Nick and Catherine think the beard is connected with his happiness in a relationship...

Wow, we debate about poor Mr. Petersen's facial hair a LOT!

What about Sara? Curly of straight? I, personally, think she's gorgeous either way. But, as a woman whose hair is stick straight, I envy those with curl and body!

2. greenplastic

greenplastic Witness

Wow, I haven't been here since 'Nam.

The beard has a team now? Sweet. I'm in. I don't think Billy really considers it in terms of the show, though. In the TV Guide interview, doesn't he say something about there being a heat wave and his wife was tired of it. That's more of a personal reason. But they kind of wrote his shaving into the show as a consequence of getting a life out of work. Nick mentions it along with the losing weight and taking time off.

Personally, I think he just shaved it because he lost weight.

Jorja's look changed over the past few years. She looks more mature, I think. Maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not. I just want to know if her hair is naturally curly or not. It was sooo cute in Happenstance.

ETA: I think that in the first few episodes of the first season, Grissom looked better without the facial hair. In fact, he looked rather delectible. But that had a lot to do with his weight, unfortunately. And he looked a lot younger. Now, he's still sexy to me. But with the beard. So, yes. Team Bearded it is.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

His hair is in fact natural curly ;) here's one of him from "Cousins" from 1989

[​IMG]

and I like Jora's hair anyway.. she has beautiful thick shiny hair, and sometime she wears it cruly and sometimes straight. and sometime with a light red tint.. also stunning

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i love him for it.

well, he didn't have one on CSI ... YET *grins uncontrollably*
    i seriously love her "Won't wait up" look. it's SO pretty, yo. she should have her hair like that ALL the freakin' time.

now i'm wondering if she's gonna dress up for Grissom's comeback. i mean Happenstance dress up. i'd love if she did.

ETA:
    well i actually think he looks better now than in S2. S1, yeah, he looked thwe youngest there but in S2 he started to look older. it may have a lot to do with the haircut though.
    Season 1 vs Season 2 vs Season 7

5. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

pace yourself.

No ones told you? She's dressing in a really short skirt when they are at the lab. Then when Grissom comes home, she'll be in a bunny outfit. And, not the kind 4 year olds wear.

I don't think I had to say the 4 year old part, you all got it already.

I'M WITH THE BEARDED! Sorry, I just like Grissom with a dark grey beard. It suits him.

I like Jorja's hair however she wants to do it. Curly, straight, it's all pretty to me. Mine, on the other hand is a thick wave that does whatever it wants to. Seriously, it has a mind of its own.

6. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Well, I guess the debate on what Sara will wears depends on where you think Gris goes first. If you think he goes to the lab, just as he left from the lab, that'll restrict her clothing choices a bit. However, if he were to go home first, then the debate could get a little PG-13.

See, personally, I think Grissom looks sexier with the beard. However, when he first grew it, all I could think was, "It hides all his facial expressions! NO!!!" So, there ya have it.

I think it's amusing how we sit here and talk about what might be attributed to Grissom and Sara's relationship, and then some of it shows up in the show... And, now we can't stop talking about facial hair! LOL! What if Gris went for a goatee? or a mustache? Would that be too NickyCreepy?

Which do you think Sara prefers? The beard or the babyface? I think she likes the scruff, but the beard burn was bad for the hidden relationship.... what do you guys think?

7. MissDee

MissDee Lab Technician

I reiterate: Sara, like me, would prefer to have one of each. :p

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

*puppy face*
    she could pull off a Bridget Jones - come to work as a bunny already. it's easier, you know. tomboys hate changing.
    she definitely do like him clean-shaven. after all that's when she crushed on him for the first time. but i can't exclude the bearded look either. i think her feelings developed more when he grew the beard. let's face it - IE, Snakes, Nesting Dolls and Butterflied happened with the beard.

but overall, i think she doesn't care that much. he shaved it now, so i guess she doesn't have a problem with that. he's sweet both ways.

i just found that pic, haven't seen it before

9. katjo

katjo Witness

Take it from a girl with curls and wavy hair, I wish mine was stick straight. :lol:

10. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Team Bearded:
    Reeble
    SaraxSullivan
    forensicsgirl
    sarahvma
    greenplastic
    Alyssa

Team CleanShaven:
    Adzix
    Chocolate_bunnys

As far as I know anyway.I know I probubly missed someone
    Adz, honey I think we are out numbered.

Im not even sure why i keep lists on these kind of things.

Sorry, I blame it on Adz and her drunken-ness last night.

Ha, that we do. I hope that one day I will become famos so that over-obssesed people can debate my hair. :lol:

11. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Add me to Team Bearded. I want in.
    Mr. Petersen's facial hair is worth debating. And FYI, beard burn is something of a misnomer. Beard burn comes from stubble, unless a guy has a really coarse beard. Like House. But then, that's just unshaven. Anyway, beards are usually pretty soft. In short, Billy? Grow it back. Pweez? <puppy dog eyes>

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Hey! I am NOT on a team on this one! I will fight Team Grave Danger for weeks, but I am not on a team when it comes to his facial hair!!! LOL! As long as Gil and Sara are together, I'm happy!!!

I feel like I'm lying to them! I mean, it's like you're hanging out with your friends, and you know your friend is with a bad guy, but you just can't tell her because you know she has to find out for herself or she'll never believe it. I want to tell them that Gil and Sara are NOT going to be happy for a long time, but I can't do it... not just because they're spoiler-free, but because their hopes are so high!

ETA: My ex had a goatee. Freakin' terrible burn from that thing. It was like a brillo pad. *shudders*

13. katjo

katjo Witness

Sorry gals, I think he is better looking with his beard as well (not the one with that god awful hat on and the white beard though). And I hate facial hair on a man, but I think the beard makes him look younger and sexier. Okay, some of you may not know who I'm talking about and those of you who do will probably hate me for this comment, but before I found WP to be so hot looking (yes when he had his beard) I thought the clean shaven Grissom looked like Raymond Burr from Perry Mason. SORRY! That is who I thought he looked like. Sorry Grissom, I do love you honestly! :lol:

14. katjo

katjo Witness

15. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

Team Bearded:
    Reeble
    SaraxSullivan
    forensicsgirl
    sarahvma
    greenplastic
    Crysthala
    katjo

Team CleanShaven:
    Adzix
    Chocolate_bunnys

sorry Alyssa thought you were on team bearded.Great me and Adz are even more out numbered now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.