Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom & Sara # 25 "Running up the Phone Bill"

I keep forgetting to tell Fogs thanks for the GoScars. It was fun voting, and remembering all those great scenes. I was re-watching season 2 and I noticed that Grissom (more than usual) was very very protective over Sara in the last few episodes of the season. He took her arm and walked with her in several scenes, he talked very gently to her, and in the Hunger Artist we get the "I've got a gal named Sara comment" and the "Like a moth to a flame" song that is played when he tracks her down. Maybe he was close to making his move on her and then "Wham" in season 3 he learns of her and Hank. This is just a theory, but it's the most subtle of things that seem to add up. I think she really truly crushed his little heart. That is why he told her "NO" in Play With Fire. She hurt him deeply. :(

I voted for the first option. I think they are trying to look nice for each other. Come on gals, don't tell me you don't run out and buy pretty, sexy new undies when you meet a new guy! :lol:

So who is staying spoiler free this season? We need to make a list of who is spoiled rotten and who is remaining unspoiled. I'm just curious.

I voted "Nah, Jorja's prettier, (she's always been pretty) and he's lost some weight ..he has? if you've looked at his "play" pics, he look's the same..handsome.. but PLEASE ditch the "grey beard" :( :p.. and speaking of the "veggie burger"

btk101.jpg

av-1559.png
NOT his best look :(

I assumed that they were shooting the scenes when Mr. Petersen returned because mystery said that they were reworking the writing of the flashback as of a week ago. Then again, I may have misinterpreted. However, it makes more sense to me that they would wait for Mr. Petersen to come back from his break to shoot the scene. Otherwise, they'd be slamming another scene with possibly another location into an already busy schedule where they were trying to take care of Grissom's scenes for LLV. It just makes more sense to me from a production standpoint.

As for the poll, it could go either way, and it's impossible to really know. I mean, in the TVGuide article at the beginning of the season, Mr. Petersen said he shaved his beard off because it was hot. We added the extra meaning to it (and it was adopted as a canon assumption by Nick and Catherine in LLV). However, hair and makeup artists have limited artistic license, sometimes. It depends on a bunch of factors, including actors, producers, directors, lighting, etc. Makeup artists and hair artists are usually the first people to see actors in the morning/evening/day/whatever. So, they want as little confrontation as possible while they try to ease the actors into their day where they're going to be under hot lights, running scenes repeatedly, and stressing out. So, though the stylists may want to try something new and unique, they probably have to clear it with a producer, and also deal with whatever the actors are willing to do.

I still remember the beginning of Dawson's Creek, season 2. I wasn't really a fan of the show, but a lot of people I knew watched it. Josh Jackson came back from hiatus with bleached tips. It was just the result of his hair being bleached over hiatus and growing out... Also, James VanDerBeek had cut his hair. So, the script adapted to it, and a scene was thrown in where the boys randomly decided to get haircuts. If you look at Mr. VanDerBeek's hair at the end of season 1 and compare it with the first scene of season 2, you'll see that those are extensions in his hair.

So, while I'd like to believe that Grissom's beard being gone is symbolic of the lifting of the darkness that followed him all throughout seasons 4-6, I'm more inclined to believe the actor wanted it gone. I do wonder how fast his beard grows, though. I mean, Jason Behr of "Roswell" (Yes, I actually watched that one. Guilty pleasure) had to be shaved several times a day because of how quickly his hair regrew (and because he was supposed to be playing a teenager!).

Sorry for the rant, but I obviously went with "other" on the poll. It's a combination of the actors, the producers, the directors, the makeup/hair artists and whomever else wants to throw in their two cents. Ultimately, producers have the power, but actors can put their foot down when they want to. :)

Also, Sara's makeup changed drastically from season 1 to season 5. I just think things change, sometimes. Makeup artists discover new foundations that are photocorrective that react with film... the lighting design changes drastically, so a new style of makeup needs to be developed to handle it... There are just so many factors, that while I'd love to believe Grissom's babyface and Sara's softer makeup are a result of the relationship, I just can't be sure.... LOL. Sorry for the rant!

katjo said:
So who is staying spoiler free this season? We need to make a list of who is spoiled rotten and who is remaining unspoiled. I'm just curious.

I think the spoiler-free are as follows:

Adzix
chocolate_bunnys
sienna
ziggy
cherryxoxoxo7
MissDee

Sorry if I missed someone

I’m sure Adz keeps a list and will surely correct me if I am wrong.

Edit:Cuz I am A freaking idiot

This is going to sound even stranger then what I've said before... But I think I like Grissom for the same reasons that I like the Hannibal Lector character. He's smart. I'm not saying the rest of the team isn't down right scarily brilliant - but Grissom and Hannibal both have a way of being so...
ever watched Manhunter Turtle? you know, the first movie with Hannibal Lecter ever, where the main detective is played by Billy. they made a remake later, but this was first. and Billy had scruff and a nude sex scene. worth watching, i recommend it with all my heart. :p
Sorry for the rant, but I obviously went with "other" on the poll. It's a combination of the actors, the producers, the directors, the makeup/hair artists and whomever else wants to throw in their two cents. Ultimately, producers have the power, but actors can put their foot down when they want to.
i agree Alyssa. i truly think it's a combination of all sorts of factors but since it has been adopted as canon by Nick and Catherine, i treat it all as canon. i mean, if there wasn't any conversation about it, i would pretty much say it's the actors' choice and has little to do with the show. but since, the charaters talked about it, i'll say it's the result of them being a couple.

also, i think the fact that they spend a lot less time at work, and a lot more relaxing influences their looks positively. i kinda should've gone with "other" but i went with the third option. you see, loosing weight and shaving the beard is more of an actor's personal choice - i think Billy does what he wants and luckily it fitted to the script this time. having a different make-up and clothes on the show doesn't require a personal decision though. so i think they went with this idea "Billy looks fitter, so let's make Sara prettier". add 'going home earlier' to it and we've got a nicely stiched plotline.
Im sure Adz keeps a list and will surly corect me if i am wrong.
i'd say it's correct choc :D

anyone?

i was also thinking about the possible kiss that we might get and after seeing the scarce GSR in LLV i'm starting to get pretty pessimistic about it. i'm afraid that we won't get a lot of the "welcome home Geeklove" in Law of Gravity. TPTB may wait with any physical affection until the Season Finale. i'm just saying.

Re: Grissom & Sara # 25: Running up the Phone Bill

ya know what guys? if Billy's already back to CSI they may be filming the comeback scene right NOW.

omg omg omg omg.

kiss, hug ... a stinkin' "hi" or maybe they won't show it at all ...

darn, i wanna know.

Adzix said:
ya know what guys? if Billy's already back to CSI they may be filming the comeback scene right NOW.

omg omg omg omg.

darn, i wanna know.

No you dont! :eek:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I'm excited. *said nonchalantly*
I can't wait for him to come back now. people have ben asking me "what wil her reaction be when he leaves?" and I always respond "I don't know. IO curious of what her reaction will be when he gets back!" (vise versa for D/L conversations.):p

i'd say it's correct choc

Yay, I did somthing right!

omg omg omg omg.

darn, i wanna know.

Who spiked Adz's drink? O.O Sometimes you scare me Adzix.But i get what your saying, sublty of GSR kills me sometimes.

katjo said:
Adzix said:

omg omg omg omg.

darn, i wanna know.

No you dont!

Ahhh. When non-spoiler-free people say things like that it scares me.I refuse to beleive bad things.I choose the 'stick my fingers in my ears and hum' method. :lol:

desertwind said:
av-1559.png
NOT his best look :(

Here, perfect example of why i am on team-cleanshaven

choc, my fiance says he looks like Santa Claus in that picture! LOL! It frightens me. However, when he's all trimmed up, it's quite delish! My fiance has a beard, and I cry when he shaves it. *sniff* But, if it gets unruly, that's just not attractive, either.

Grissom coming home with the beard would be interesting, because then we would launch into a huge debate about his state of mind, and whether or not the return of the beard symbolized some decision he might have made while on the other side of the country. I honestly think that coming back to CSI without the beard is a good move because it solidifies a sense of facial hair continuity....

Did I just write that? Erm...

I mean, having him clean shaven all season works better, to me. Having the beard reappear mid-season screws up the season to season continuity... though it's not unheard of, I suppose...

Solidifing a sense of facial hair continuity? And I thought I was nuts!:lol:.But I agree especialy since nick and cath stright out stated it in ther converstation as a example of how much his 'girlfriend' has changed him.

So... Yay for facial hair continuity!... Out of context that is one of the weirdist things i have ever posted. :rolleyes:

Who spiked Adz's drink? O.O Sometimes you scare me Adzix.But i get what your saying, sublty of GSR kills me sometimes.
i'm not drunk! wait, wait ... i have some apple bear under my bed. AWESOME IDEA choc!

about the facial hair continuity: i'd like to point out Nick to be a main dis-continuity last season. but after his comment in LLV i think TPTB will try to persuade Billy to stay beardless if he decides to keep it. but as puppypower, the Mystery of Billy/Grissom Thread said, he'll most possibly stay clean shaven.
Here, perfect example of why i am on team-cleanshaven
oh that's like me. and you're spoiler-free like me. and you're GSR like me. you have to be my lost twin, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back