Grissom & Sara #25: Running up the Phone Bill

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Adzix, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Re: Grissom & Sara # 25 "Running up the Phone Bill"

Yay for thread #25!

[​IMG]

No matter what happens while Grissom's away, we know they'll both be missing each other.

With the upcoming angst, we should brace ourselves for some tough times ahead. But then again, we've been through tough times before, and as we've said time and time again, this ship was built on angst. If everything was all hearts and flowers all the time, it would get boring - you want everything to be wonderful in real life, but this is a drama, so it was only a matter of time before they injected some dramatic tension/angst into our ship. If nothing else, it'll keep us on our toes, and make the eventual making up (and I'm sure they'll make up in the end) that much sweeter.

Found this in my photobucket account and thought it was appropriate for this thread:

[​IMG]

Finally, another pimp out of the GoScaRs. CLICK MY BANNER and nominate your favorite GSR moments ;)

2. ilvelvegrissom

ilvelvegrissom Hit and Run

*YIPPIEEEEEEEEEE* New Thread!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!

Oh, yeah 'The GoScars', How fun!! Love them!!!

Voted 2 on the poll, As I have my fingers crossed for some one-sided GSR.........As they are of course "running up the phone bill" :) lol...

XoXoXoXoXoXoX

3. Fingerprint

Fingerprint Civilian

I picked #2 on the poll. I'm still going to watch CSI, just because you never know what might happen one-sided to Gil and Sara. I was kind of hoping to see Grissom in a hotel room or something like that, about to call her, but he's nervous, but I guess since he wasn't at CSI for the weeks, we won't have that. I think that if we did have a little Grissom scene with him showing that he really misses Sara, that would reassure us that our ship is really strong.

I think if Grissom at least calls Sara once, she'll think it's sweet and probably forgive him for leaving in the first place.

(GRISSOM calls SARA)
    SARA: Sidle.
    GRISSOM: Hi, uhh, it's just me...
    SARA: Grissom! Hey! Are you okay?
    GRISSOM: Huh?
    SARA: How was your flight?
    GRISSOM: Oh, right, good.
    SARA: Good...
    GRISSOM: Sara, I'm sorry I left without telling you much in advance.
    SARA: Gris, it's okay, really! I'm glad you called.
    GRISSOM: How's Catherine supervising?
    SARA: Uhh- good, good!
    GRISSOM: Okay.
    SARA: I didn't get to tell you, before you left.. umm... I'll- I miss you.
    GRISSOM: I miss you too.
    SARA: I got to go, case.
    GRISSOM: How's that going?
    SARA: Good, I think we've almost got a conviction.
    GRISSOM: How's the team?
    SARA: Well, they're okay. Not great, but I don't know.
    GRISSOM: Okay, I'll call you later... when you're alone.
    SARA: (giggles) Okay.

4. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

fogi, I think you will be glad to know, dear...that you're 'doing it' banner made milk come out my nose. No, seriously. o_o;; -whipes up the desk-

Anywhoozles -
    Ohmygosh, thread 25 already? Wow. It seems like just yesterday that I joined the GSR thread (I was disliked, I know it)...and then I died...but now I'm back, and it's thread twenty-five. One day, just maybe, we'll finally be able to catch up to the Catherine/Grissom thread. -shrugs-

Now, I'm going to go...vote on the GoScaRs for the next half-hour, so, if anybody needs me (which I know you wont), that's where I'll be.

- Toasty

5. Haylee

Haylee Dead on Arrival

I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but I would like to respond to some spoiler stuff. How do you do a spoiler box???

6. BurnedToast

BurnedToast Coroner

Haylee, if you press 'reply' to someone's post, the ragular little box will pop up with a list of things you can do. There is one that says 'spoiler' there. Click on it. A little text box will pop up, and make everything pretty easy.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well I'm not terribly surprised by the poll result. Much as I love GSR, I'd like to see Sara working with Nick a bit more than she has lately.

that we're set to get (at least as far as the script goes - anything can happen in the editing room) some one-sided and even flashback GSR. In fact, considering that TPTB said that WP would be gone for 2 episodes, it may still be true. If he's back in full force in episode 7x15 (3 from now), then he could technically return in the last, say, 10 seconds of 7x14. But maybe not. They may want to give Keppler a bit more time to spread his wings. Also they could claim that the flashback in 7x14 counts as Grissom screentime, therefore he does only miss 2 episodes.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, after reading eveyones comments, I will watch it~~grimaces with pain~~~ guess the curiosity and seeing a ep without Gris will be "different" and reebs and FG your pictures are awesome.. thank's, you girls rule ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] He's calling her!!! :D and she's not there!!!! and take note.. he let his beard grow back while on sabbtical!!!

9. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

God willing.. lolol

very cute the pics ;)

10. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Well, they planned it out properly so it looks like he's only completely missing from "Sweet Jane" and "Redrum." The scenes for 7x11 were shot before the rest of the episode was... and the flashback scene for 7x14 was shot after the rest of THAT episode. TPTB are playing their cards right in terms of handling the time where Mr. Petersen is gone. I think the flashback will also be a nice treat to those who have no clue about it. I mean, they're watching the ep, thinking Mr. Petersen won't be back until "Law of Gravity" and BAM! Hey! It's Gil and Sara!!! Then, of course, we all cry and scream. I have a music video I plan to make during March Madness (since we'll probably have no new eps during March) using the flashback clips and his return. Yes, I'm already planning a music video. There's this song, and it's just perfect to me for this. :)

fogi, I'm so glad you brought back the Friends/CSI crossover banner! *happy sigh* I still want to have one of them hanging up saying, "Bye, honey" or something goofy like that, and someone overhears... OR the CSIs go to a restaurant while Gil is away where Gris usually picks up takeout for his beloved, so when she orders her food, the order sounds really familiar to the guy, and he almost outs them.... Cheesy, I know, but it makes me giggle.

And we are freaking gonna NEED some fictional giggles to get us through the real angst!!! I'm looking forward to the angst, don't get me wrong. But, I'm going to miss Veggie Burgers... *sniff*

11. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

mmm scruffy Billy. Yummmmmmm :)

Fingers crossed that not too much hits the cutting room floor. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this new angsty plot-arch pans out. I've loved the sweet romance between the geeks that we got during the first half of the season, but it's time to mix things up a bit. That way, when we finally get a kiss (come on, we're BOUND to) it'll be SO much more dramatic/exciting/hot

Thanks to everyone who's nominated in the GoScaRs so far. But if you haven't gotten around to it yet, there's still plenty of time. Click my banner and nominate your favorite GSR moments ;)

By the way, I've updated the Gutterflied website with a little something inspired by Leaving Las Vegas. The link is underneath my avatar, or you can check it out on my livejournal (i go by emmelinegreer over there)

12. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

See, back in the day when David had a crush on her, Sara told him to grow some scruff. So, she obviously liked the scruff on Gris. I'm just guessing they were having issues with beard burn due to some too-passionate nights, so he had to shave it to help keep their relationship under the radar. But, if he came back with a beard, I can see the girl attached to him again. I mean, he opened his top button this year for her! She's gotten him to loosen up! :)

Of course, we know he has to shave the beard to shoot the flashback scene... DARNIT. Although, they could get away with not dying his hair back for that scene by having him wear THE HAT. I'm still convinced the flashback happens at Sara's, and many people have fantasized about how that hat fits into the storyline. :p

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

CM said two things: one, that Sara would get the present and two that it would drag up the real issue behind his leaving. So I have to assume that they had decided on the two scenes in 7x13 and 7x14 by the time she said that. If that's the case, then it might not be impossible for him to have filmed the flashback before he left. No offence to Billy, but his weight has really gone up and down in the time he's filmed the show, and they may have wanted to do it then for continuity reasons. Plus, as they pointed out back in Season 4, he doesn't change his personal look for the good of the show (ie. the beard)

14. chocolate_bunnys

chocolate_bunnys Police Officer

And I just relized that we opened a new thread-thing...so...um...yah...Yay!New Thread!Party!Party!...Ok...I am a bit late in relizing this threads existance.I um...have nothing left to say.Um...I feel kinda loopy.Yah..uh..goodbye.

15. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Ahhh Angst. As long as all is well and happy and colorful and Kisses in the end - I say "Bring it on." Seriously? I'm an angst whore. I mean this season's been all good and all... but I've missed scenes with enough tension that I'm surprised Greg didn't walk in with a spoon and scoop some up to examine later. You know? Besides... I'm still counting on The Kiss this season - and nothing is hotter then a kiss when you're so angry you just want to punch them - but kiss them instead. I honestly can't see Sara wating for the man THAT long and then just giving up because of something as silly as a *cough*midlife crisis*cough* sabbatical. Girl's obviously got more patience then that. And Grissom? He spent enough time pondering over the what ifs and all the reprecussions of this relationship - I kinda see him as the sort of man that once his minds made up... it's written in stone. So, Bring it on TPTB. Bring it on.

Alyssa Are we sure they didn't film the flashbacks before he left? In which case he WOULDN'T have to shave the beard away! Yay! Ok... this is me having an uncharacteristically opptimistic day. Bite me. My preference for how this season should go? Angst, more angst, apologies all around, a little more angst, happy ending. Epilogue: The Kiss, makeout scene, full out geeksex on the layout table, ...., Wow... went to far with THAT one didn't I?

Fogs I'm totally psyched to have the GoScaRs back again! Yippee! I'll try to get in to nominate when I have some more time... and if I miss the nominations I'm sure my fellow gutterflies will have every single moment already nominated... 'cause they're just cool like that.

And I'll be out to vote as well. Promise!

*I refused to vote for President... but I'll vote for GSR? Something seems wrong with that.*

In the poll I voted for the 'take it or leave it' option. Because... well.. I love Grissom. I do. And I miss him already.

*I miss Grissom*

But some of my favorite season 6 episodes didn't have Grissom in them at all. I'm hoping the upcoming eps won't suck so bad that I'm whining and complaining just waiting for WP's return... but at the same time... I'm kinda hoping they suck.

I KNOW how horrible that sounds. Trust me. I KNOW. There's something seriously wrong with my brain today.

Grissom is my man. He's my biggest reason for watching the show... he interests me. You know?

This is going to sound even stranger then what I've said before... But I think I like Grissom for the same reasons that I like the Hannibal Lector character. He's smart. I'm not saying the rest of the team isn't down right scarily brilliant - but Grissom and Hannibal both have a way of being so...

Hot damn. I don't even know. I just know that I like it. The recesses of their minds don't scare them. They don't seem to have to much of a problem reaching back into the dark part of their minds like 95% of the rest of the population does (ok... probably more Lector then Grissom...)

*sigh* And NO, I'm NOT saying Grissom is a serial killer that eats his victims. :rolleyes:

Where was I? Oh right, the poll. "Take it or leave it." That about sums it up for me. I'll miss him terribly - and I'll suck up every mention of him while he's gone - but I'll get through it. I know things will get back to what relative state of normalcy they are in when he gets back.

That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.