Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

From what I've heard, the script got very reworked. Originally Grissom was going to be barely in it, but I guess they got the green light from Billy to shoot a bit more before he headed off for Rhode Island, so supposedly he's in a LOT more of it now. Having said all of that... I really hope that with his improved appearance time, it's not going to be more obvious that they cut out the GSR.

Turtle... did YOU deface a copy of the CSI Season 6 DVDs?

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

THANK'S greggoooofan & it's nice to be thanked by some of you!! the thing is, and I'm a bit amazed, they, TV Guide, totally changed, altered , deleted, and added thing's I never said.. makes me wonder about their agenda :rolleyes: either print the letter in it's original content, or not at all!!!!so I (going through all my e-mails) found the letter in it's original form and wanted you to see what I really said!!!!!

I love that the CSI writers finally put Sara and Grissom together. The camraderie, the look's, the smiles and the flirty banter. They have such strong chemistry, and always have. That's one of the reasons I watch CSI...A.C. L.V.

see the diference? would any of you appreciate something you wrote, to be changed?

[​IMG]

3. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

desertwind congratulations for the letter!!! i'm really happy for a GSR fan was listened!!!haaa so nice!!!
    i'm happy for you!!! i don't read what have in magazine but this part you put here is so nice words!!!
    they change :eek:...i thought they couldn't do that :eek:

4. Turtlebaby

Turtlebaby Police Officer

Noooooo.... *cough* I really didn't though - which is why it was so funny. Someone else in this town is a GSR shipper. I was shocked!

He's gonna be in it more? *happy sigh* But they cut some of the GSR? *not so happy sigh* Hopefully we still get even the smallest goodbye scene. I mean, I'm not looking for much. Just enough so we know that poor left behind Sara is going to miss him. You know?

That is all.

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, thanks. it's hard but on the other hand you don't get upset by anything, you know.

all you gotta do is CLICK HERE and find whichever you like the most :D there's a whole bunch of them!

(just a tiny sidenote - the Kiss animated-manip icon has too many kb for this board, but i can make it smaller if you decide to use that one.)

and sarah, empty you PM box!!

lol

6. Turtlebaby

Just so you know, I stole a whole lotta them. lol They will from this point on be used for my display pic for my MSN messenger and other random boards that I frequent. You start making Bones icons and you will be my best friend ever. Don't worry, I'll make sure to credit you always! And if asked, I'll even link them in your direction!

On another note, I'm still really bored which is why I've been lurking around this board all day. I'm so bored that the fanfic I'm trying to write is coming out insane. And I'm not talking like bad insane, I'm talking like... actually insane - like Grissom and Sara singing broadway tunes and tap dancing around in tutu's insane. Now I know why I shouldn't take vacation days... I go nuts!

MmmmHmmm.

I seriously thought about going to the store and searching hopelessly for CSI season 6 just so I could watch ToYD and WtG and keep myself entertained.

Grissom and Sara always keep me entertained.

You said Gil. *snorts* I'm not a 100% sure why that amuses me so, but everytime the page loads I giggle. Just thought I'd let you know. :p

That is all.

7. katjo

katjo Witness

So for the most part do we think this relationship is going to make it in the end, or do you think this is the beginning of the end? :( I feel like it just got started (I mean publicly) so if they end it I think that would be such a waste of writing and energy. Why start a good thing just to end it so abruptly. Maybe WP's real life wife is getting jealous. :lol: Her and Jorja do resemble a little bit. ;) And I still don't think Gris and Sara live together. I think people could figure it out easier if they did. And I think Catherine already knows about it because she knows Grissom has carried a torch for Sara for a long long time. So if they were together I think Catherine would know almost instantly. Plus their jobs are to figure things out. I don't know how they couldn't know about it. But have we ever had any evidence on any of the shows that leads us to believe they are keeping it a secret? I can't wait for new episodes, even if they don't have WP in them. I hate living in the past. I rely on all of you to keep me entertained. Thanks.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Think positive ;) they haven't waited 7 years and now would have it come to an end :( everythng's fine ;). and on WP's wife being jealous, I don't think so, they've been together 10 years, and she's probably so used to women drooling over him.. it seems their marriage is solid!!! and on the "resembling" one another HMMMMM, you really think so? maybe the coloring and that's it.. my opinion ;)

THE HAPPY COUPLE fictional!!

BILLY AND GINA real life!!

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Really? That's beautiful. I love it.

From what I heard, his screentime has significantly increased. But originally Rambo made it sound like the gift-giving would happen in Leaving Las Vegas, and now it's happening in a later episode, so I have a good feeling they're cutting all GSR to make Sara's reaction seem ambiguous until she gets the present.

'tis emptied, master.

I think shippers tend to call Grissom whatever the other half of their pairing calls him. Hence, most GSRs call Grissom Grissom.

So it sounds a bit odd when one of us calls him Gil. *looks suspiciously at Alyssa* lol.

I will say that it might have something to do with age as well, though. My mom saw a handful of episodes, and there's no question he's called Grissom way more than he's called Gil, yet she still called him by his first name.

10. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Oh, shut up Sarah! LOL. I've taken to calling him "Gil" OR "Grissom" OR "Gris" as of late. It's nothing strange, because I'm trying to think of what Sara calls him behind the scenes, and I'm of the group that wants to hear her call him by his freaking first name!

And, I'm quite depressed about all the rumors, etc. The only way I can see a pregnancy storyline working is if Sara gets pregnant, doesn't tell Gris (or us) when he leaves, and we all find out when she loses a baby as a part of MCSK's attack. I just keep wondering what everyone is so optimistic about, but all my thoughts of GSR as of late are dark and disturbing, filled with death, character assassination, and drama for the sake of drama without proper character motivation. My brain has been screwed with so much where this couple is concerned, and though they're fictional and CSI only comprises 1/4th of my weekly required viewing, I don't want one of my four shows to die. I mean, I only REALLY ship this ship hard. I have other "ships" on other shows, but this is the one I join message boards for, make art for, and scream about on Thursdays to anyone who will listen. TPTB better not screw us over because it's just pissing me off... and when I get pissed, I stop watching. That's how I lost X-Files, Dark Angel, Alias, and Star Trek: Voyager from my television schedule. TPTB screwed with me one too many times, and I stopped watching.

Ok, I know I'm being a bit dark about all this. In all seriousness, it could be fine. I just don't trust TPTB. They come from a late 80's/early 90's mentality where drama and screwed up relationships means ratings, and this show is about so much, and I just don't want the freakin' anti's throwing it in our faces when GSR becomes a soap opera relationship due to the intervention of rating-hungry, uncaring, indifferent to the character TPTBs. I'm a stickler for sticking to what the CHARACTERS would do to drive the plot, and none of this feels character motivated. It feels ratings motivated. "Let's stick a thorn in the GSR freaks' sides and give the antis something to celebrate to see which fanbase fills more of our ratings." Screw that. I mean, MOST viewers don't care! So, stop screwing with my freakin' ship.

Sorry for all the boxes, but I'm really passionate right now, and I won't tell you which direction...

I finally found my other GSR TVGuide, and the two of them are resting atop my children's book series I've had since I was 2. So, they're safe. :) It's funny, that I haven't even looked at the GSR TVGuide cover since I bought it... but, then again, I did lose it. :)

11. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

i clicked there too and wooow Adzix you are soo talented!! i love them all they are great it took me nearly 15 minutes to go through them all because i have to stare at each one so long!! i love them :D

alyssa i really understand you. i don't trust the TPTBs either. it would be very typical for them to just start the whole drama stuff again and split our favourite couple again. i mean i'm really for a bit angst as long as they stay together in the end!! they waited so long for each other...
    i don't want to show to become a soap opera that's why i don't want everything to be about GSR suddenly. after all it's about the science and the cases but if they would just leave us those little scenes that show us that they are in love and they are together. maybe just one 'at home' scene in the end of an episode would be nice. sorry just needed to say that :D

12. katjo

katjo Witness

What TV guide was that? I only started getting TV guide about 2 months ago. I don't read much, is there anyway I can get a copy of the story from TV guide archives? Thanks. :)

13. Turtlebaby

I think she calls him pooh-bear when they're at home. And he calls her honey-pot, and they play "100 acre woods".

*cough*
    Gah. For real, can we just go bang their heads together like the idiots that they are? Slap them all NCIS style? I hate not knowing what's being left on the cutting room floor.

Pregnancy? Wtf. Haven't we gone through this before? *rollseyes* I believe we have. NO BABIES. Psh. TPTB (for all shows, not just this one) have a tendency to lose their minds when a show reaches it's 7th season. I'm not sure why - but I'm thinking that's why most shows don't make it past the 7th season. Or if they do, it's because people are only watching to make fun of them, but they are so wrapped up in their own little happy ratings bubble that they don't even care. Take the X-Files. I watched that stupid show all the way up to the VERY bitter end. Just because I was a good little fangirl. And while I don't say I REGRET wasting that hour of my life every week.... I wish that TPTB wouldn't have screwed me over like that. If they try and pull that shit with CSI? I'll be right along in the pissed off camp with you, Alyssa.

If I've said it once, I've said it a 100 times. If they kill off any of the characters, I'll be done. That will be the final blow and I will be done. But more specifically if that's how they decide to bring and end to GSR, I won't just be done, I will seriously send a big box to TPTB containing every single piece of CSI merchandise that I own, with a letter explaining that I don't want it anymore because I'm done. So trust me, your GSR thoughts aren't the only ones that are dark and disturbing - filled with death and character assisinations. I'm committed to my ship, this is the only ship that I rant and rave about to anyone that will listen and it's the only one I really care about. I'm not saying I'll stop watching if (omg, I just typed when) they break them up. But if they decide to kill one of them? I'll walk away so fast the whole world will be thrown off it's orbit. So there TPTB, take THAT and shove it up your tailpipe.

Like Alyssa said, sorry about the boxes!! But she's not the only one that's passionate about her ship! :p

I remember. I loved my sweet sweet little GSR bubble last year. Twas a good place to be. That and every little thing was always such a good surprise! WtG was like Christmas. For real, I don't think I took a breath the entire time he was talking. Had I not been spoiler free - I may have been disappointed. Or so people said. Stick with it! Less of a headache that way. :rolleyes:

That is all.

14. lea

lea Police Officer

Late reply, but thank you Sarah!!
    Sounds great! Can't actaully wait. They all sound so sweet ^-^

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Does anyone remember what we were all saying a year ago? That TPTB would never get off their asses and give us GSR till the show ended and that we were angry that another character was Grissom's 'soul mate' and that we would never have long interviews with our geeks saying anything like that?

The Christmas holidays HAVE to have lots of angst and spoilers. For two reasons. The first is that it'll be their new year of ratings, which will reset the clock. In Season 6 they didn't particularly need to, but they did want good ratings for their second half. This season, they DEFINITELY need to. Billy is leaving, Liev is coming in, and that's a huge risk. So they're GOING to make angst with our geeks, whether or not it's in the actual show. They want us to be glued to our sets and for the numbers to go up. So all I'm saying is: Remember what we were told last year about Pirates, and remember what actually aired.

You scare me.

So basically yeah, what I said above. If Grissom's sending her a present to "make things right", that at least tells us that he's going to be the one doing the apologizing. How much would we hate it if, after 6 years, they wanted to make us believe that Sara was the one who had done something to put a rift in their relationship? Grissom, at least, has the excuse of leaving. What I mean is that there's a chance that Sara's just upset that he's leaving and that he's burned out and it might have something to do with her. That doesn't include Grissom actually saying anything to her, it's just the circumstance. Would I be pissed if he just never told her? Yes and no. The no comes from the fact that it's Grissom, and to be honest, Grissom while burned out is very capable of something that ridiculous. He's not good with people. Having said all of this, I've NO idea how they plan to play it. On the one hand, leaving Sara's reaction ambiguous when he leaves would be odd - especially if the scene with Nick is all there is. That's weird. If the episode ends with Sara going to his empty apartment, I can't see them doing a soap opera "aside" moment. So... how can they do it? I guess perhaps they'll have her read the note when she gets the gift, but even that's a bit cheesy. So I honestly don't know.

Basically just agreed. There's something not-so-magic about Season 7. The funny thing is that TPTB made a lot of its 7 mistakes in Season 5. Too many fetishes, a "surprise" like breaking up the team, bringing in the new kid on the block that no one likes (Sofia)... And now they're really on track. So it would be a huge disappointment if they break up GSR and really take that flying leap over the shark. And I agree about killing GSR. Especially since Sara has been shown to have grown so much and been so strong lately, killing her or having her deal with Grissom's death wouldn't be particularly fair to her or her fanbase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.