Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyways about gsr. yeah i totally did not get the cough sweet convo with brass, maybe its cause i was sidetracked at the time, but something about how she'd had a drink after shift, got called in, and so took cough sweets...to disguise the smell? cause they take the edge of the alcohol?..man i wish id listened properley now.

The thing is, though, that Sara never got "tanked". So I think the line between a few too many and absolutely smashed was never crossed with her. In fact, in Bloodlines, she and Nick and Warrick all went out for drinks, the difference being that she was the only one who was caught.

So while the cough candy storyline does imply that she was, perhaps, drinking after work, when she opens her door in Nesting Dolls, drinking a beer, it's clear that, to her, it wasn't really a problem. It was something that she did to take the edge off of a hard case, only there were just a few too many hard cases, and so she increased the drinking just like the pain started increasing.

I'm not excusing it, but it's not like Sara had to go to Alcoholic's Anonymous. I think the PEAP was there more to help her learn how to deal more constructively with the issues of her job.

It's nice to see the contrast in Nick in both episodes, too - in US he was all stoked (no pun intended) about being a brand new CSI level 3, pulling rank with Warrick in a cheeky way - then in FS saying he'd had enough of the place, and Warrick having to pull him back.

Good point on that. I think the fact that it was penned by Dustin Abrams, who has been with the show from the beginning, probably lends itself to the fact that it was definitely a mirror episode.

guys, as much as i love y'all, and i don't want to limit my participation in here, i want to stay spoiler free. right now i had to read (or rather not read) the thread very cautiously not to spoil myself. also, i don't wanna know if the upcoming GSR is good or bad, so comments out of boxes like "oh, this is SO bad what's gonna happen next" are spoilerish as well even if they don't contain any particular information - i just don't want to know or expect ANYTHING. so please, if i may ask everybody to remember that many posters and lurkers are spoiler-free and they would like to stay spoiler-free. thanks

I'm going to add a hallelujah to this and to what 1CSIMF has said - Even the title boxes can be seen. So, actually, just for simplicity, type the episode title or the magazine name, and that's it. If spoiled people are interested, they can read the black printing.

I mean, Adzix's perversions are too precious.

*Coughs*

EVERYONE LOOK AT MY SEXY SEXY AVVIE.

*coughs* That is all.

"yeeees Bert, mooore",

My childhood? Destroyed.

and something about Paul, i NEED to say: when he was interviewing the girl in Fannysmackin', when he did this chicky motion with his arms, i thought that i'm gonna D.I.E. hilarous.

Supposedly Paul ad-libs more than Billy, but his ad-libs tend to be more in the physical than verbal. In any event, I think that at some point, there NEEDS to be a pun-off between the two. If Grissom wasn't still pouting from his luvuh calling him boring, I think he and Brass would've gotten into a limbless fest.

Speaking of which, I can't link to it, because it's dirtay, but VRTrakowski wrote a great new GSR fic that involves jumpsuit stripping and Brass/Grissom pun-offs. It's hilarious. Do read.

you mean like HARD hard? like, standing? like ERECT jokes? nooo, i'd never do that. ever.

Penis? Pardon, but penis? Penis?

Alyssa, great points there. really. and i have to agree to all. i have an impression that all of our GSR scenes are connected to each other and that between them there was many more, but we just didn't see them. it's like, you get to read only random pages of the book: you can see the page numbers, so you know the chronology, but you have no idea what happened on those pages that are gone. the only thing that is left for you to do is interpret, theorize and discuss it with others sharing ideas.

Kind of like when Mena Murray (who's about to be Mena Harker and is another reason why the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen not only sucked but was literally wrong in many cases) in the god-awful Coppola version of Dracula rips out all the pages about her torrid affair with the Count?

C'mon - you can see Sara strapped in a corsette on the prow of a ship ripping her diary apart. Don't lie.

EWWWWWWWWWWWW zig, i hate cats! well no, i don't really. i feel indifferent. but i definitely HATE small dogs. if you put a damn chihuahua on your avie, i'll take the first available flight to vancouver and bring my tennis racket.

Small dogs are evil.

LOL. Everytime I come in here Ziggy and Sarah are being mean to each other, You two are very entertaining thats for sure.

Don't tell her, but I'm totally going to stand her up tonight.

hae im new at this and im from NZ which is really bad cause the new series hasnt even startd here so please help me i need to know whats going on between Gris and Sara and i heard romours about season 8 not happening because the actors had resigned please tall all i need to know

Basically the current deal is that neither Jorja nor Billy have signed their contracts for season 8 yet, but both options are still open for them.

Turtlebaby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were wondering where a lot of you guys went to.

We all... we all hated the finale. It was tragic.

lol.

Welcome back!

I was really afraid of how they were going to handle it in season 7, but TPTB aren't doing as bad of job as I had feared. I mean, it's the same - without being the same... Does that make sense? It's still the subtle GSR only less angst and more hotness - "Are you volunteering?" - yum.

Now that we're in the groove on the season, I think they're being very smart about it - it's pretty much the same scenes we had before in terms of length and meaning for the ship (aka. they still have random 'here's the evidence, co-worker' scenes) but now they're just in a different place in their relationship. And we feel less in the dark and confused like we did in Season 6 when we knew something was going on, but weren't sure what.

Thanks, suave_elle!

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

saraXsullivan said:
Yeah.. right. That is no not true.

Why, you ask?

Because they aren't being romantic while we aren't watching them.

They are doing it.

Yeah.. you heard me,

DOING IT!

ofcourse they are doing it, AFTER the strawberries ;) (which we don't get to see, we can only imagine how that looks like... :p)

sarahvma, your avater is soooo SEXY!!!!! you can see that look in grissom's face, that look that says: wooooowww, look at her!! :devil: :devil:

*Coughs*

*coughs* That is all.
I love it! 'SEXY SEXY' is the word.

Supposedly Paul ad-libs more than Billy, but his ad-libs tend to be more in the physical than verbal. In any event, I think that at some point, there NEEDS to be a pun-off between the two. If Grissom wasn't still pouting from his luvuh calling him boring, I think he and Brass would've gotten into a limbless fest.
YES! I agree. They should totally have a pun-off one day. That would be absolutely freakin' halarious. The stuff Grisson says usually leaves me like WTF? And Brass is just hysterical and the both of them makin' cracks back and forth would be awesome.

'Tis sexy, isn't it? You can owe said sexiness to Miss Adzix

Speaking of the bizzare way I've chosen to talk, in my current gust of fic recommendations (a grand total of two including this), csishewolf, one of my favorite authors, has decided (perhaps because she hit her own head) that she was going to do an Old Western of CSI, featuring our favorite ship.

For anyone not reading it yet, do check out El Dorado:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3183192/1/

The concept is a little questionable, but the execution is a lot of fun. And it's sort of amusing in its silliness.

Anyway - yeah.

Soom good GSR tonight, though I'm not completely basing my enjoyment of the episode on it. Like I said, the concept sounds interesting, which always worries me, because interesting concepts often = boring episode and vice-versa. But if there's GSR, I think I'll be okay.

i LOVE that avatar. its so cute. hes totally checking her out quite clearly, i didnt notice it when i watched that scene.

im excited for tonights ep. i am hoping for some good GSR scenes like everyone else here. and i hope to see Grissom initiating and been flirty with her in a scene. i really wanna see him been eagar and in awe of her soon. im sick of grissom shutting her down a lot and her been team leader for 'flirting at work'. thats not much to ask for i dont think....

I love your icon, Sarah. I have to agree with Sara_Grissom_fan.

I'm tired of Grissom always put her down and that's why I didn't like them together and now, he's lighten up and started flirt with her, just like she flirt with him since season 1. I can't wait to watch it tonight and see Grissom do the Tai Chi.

3 hours until I go all girl-giggly.

Well, I already am, cause I'm excited, and 4 and a half hours until I stop being girl-giggly.

You probably haven't seen me all girl-giggly, and trust me, its odd and rarely happens.

CSI is the exception..

and GSR is an exception.

And Sarah, the icon, is smexy.

Sara_Grissom_Fan said:

im excited for tonights ep. i am hoping for some good GSR scenes like everyone else here. and i hope to see Grissom initiating and been flirty with her in a scene. i really wanna see him been eagar and in awe of her soon. im sick of grissom shutting her down a lot and her been team leader for 'flirting at work'. thats not much to ask for i dont think....

They better flirt. And I mean FLIRT! Do you hear me? F-L-I-R-T! Well, I guess a kiss would replace the flirting, but as I said last week and the week before and the week before, I don't want the relationship to just seem to 'go away', and I want it to be ackknowledged that they are together. And by the looks of the promo pics, there's a good chance they will. :)

Flirting, yes, is nice. But I'm almost wary of this religion conversation. Though this is a bit of a stretch, I mean, Grissom is Catholic. So one imagines that even as a fallen Catholic he probably would still view marriage in a traditional way. If Sara's more on the free-spirit side of things, besides her parents' failed marriage, I don't think she'd be all that for it, even with the right person. But also... I don't know. Religion can be a very polarizing issue. And I can't see the writers writing a whole scene of dialogue on one subject if it's just the two people going, "Religion is cool!" "I agree, darling."

theatre, sarah and 1CSIMfan, thanks so much for reminding everybody the spoiler rules and standing there with me. much love.

wow, guys thanks for the comments on the icon :D i made two more, using a different cap from the same scene. so here they are:

7x04_316gif.gif
kopia__4__7x04_316gif.gif

I mean, Adzix's perversions are too precious.

*Coughs*

*coughs* That is all.
now that's what i call a Credit sarah *sob of joy*
My childhood? Destroyed.
you didn't KNOW they are into S&M?? c'mon, everybody knows that.
Penis? Pardon, but penis? Penis?
you mean like a ... PHALLUS??
'Tis sexy, isn't it? You can owe said sexiness to Miss Adzix
i feel loved.

i was thinking about the whole "WOAH" comment and about what someone said earlier, i think it was sarah, that we really never heard Grissom say that or react on anything using this word. it felt almost OOC, guys. and his "pick somebody your own size" sounded VERY flirty. not what he said, but how he said it. he was teasin', yo. i doubt he would've said the same thing if they weren't together. so, what i am thinking right now, is that he may surprise us very much in the future, since the woah can be only the tip of an iceberg. i'm not saying that out of work with sara, he is a complete opposite of himself, but that he is able to do things that we would never think he would do. and they may be quirky. so in fact, WP has a possibility to almost create a new character, the out of work, happy, not single guy, who still is, well, Grissom. and that should be challenging for him.

i agree that this religious convo if they put it in, wont be a case of, i think this, i think that too darling, they might be of different opinion-although if they have one of them in a huff like in the first blush scene ill scream. it should be serious but lighthearted and cute. but i totally disagree that sara wouldnt view marriage in the traditional way, grissom would. in that ep, swap meet. sara made it very clear of her stance on marriage and how seriously she thinks the insitution is. i think though a wild spirit and unpredictable at times, shes a romantic at heart and is very traditional marriage wise. and in that ep in season 6, she did go out of her way to stress in front of grissom she wasnt anti-marriage. i think, she probably would marry grissom. but anyways...im hoping this religious convo will be positive and cute.

i was thinking about the whole "WOAH" comment and about what someone said earlier, i think it was sarah, that we really never heard Grissom say that or react on anything using this word. it felt almost OOC, guys. and his "pick somebody your own size" sounded VERY flirty. not what he said, but how he said it. he was teasin', yo. i doubt he would've said the same thing if they weren't together. so, what i am thinking right now, is that he may surprise us very much in the future, since the woah can be only the tip of an iceberg. i'm not saying that out of work with sara, he is a complete opposite of himself, but that he is able to do things that we would never think he would do. and they may be quirky. so in fact, WP has a possibility to almost create a new character, the out of work, happy, not single guy, who still is, well, Grissom. and that should be challenging for him.

i totally agree. i think for WP this is such a new and complex side of grissom to play its almost like a different character-its new and so i think if anything will make WP sign on for some or all of season 8-this storyline will. because its opening the character up dimentionally, and thats fun for an actor. it might be the thing that keeps him excited about the show, and makes him stay. well this is hope talking of course, but you never know. *prays*

Having seen the new ep:

HOW ARE NONE OF YOU TALKING ABOUT IT!?!?!?!? GRISSOM CALLED SARA, "DEAR!!" Now that the all caps are over. He said it. I heard it. HE said it. It happened. I'm soaring, flying. Happppppy!

He called her 'Dear'? Was that in the morgue, because I didn't heard it. Then again, the room was loid and I missed a lot of what was said.

Yep. When he came back with the rosary in his hands, she asked if she had said anything to offend him, which I thought was adorable. To that, he answered, "No, dear." Yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back