Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

I agree, Adzix. While the pumpkin scene (lol, I typed 'pumpkin seeds' originally and had to go back and edit :p ) wasn't all hearts and puppies, it wasn't really negative either. It was clouded slightly by the fact that Grissom had this thing to tell Sara (the William's offer) but the smile he gave her when reading the pumpkin quote was adorable, and she was SO teasing him (both with the misanthrope line and the "I won't wait up") - so I really don't think they were mad at each other at any point.

My theory? He followed her home, they spent some time together (yes, by that I mean sex ;) ) and then went to sleep. Next morning, she says something like "You were in a funny mood last night. Is anything wrong?" and he fesses up, tells her about the offer from Williams, and says he doesn't know if he wants to take it or not.

She, being the wonderful supportive gf she is, basically tells him that it's his decision, she'll support him either way, and if he goes, she'll be here when he comes home :)

Yes, I'm a sap. But only when it comes to fiction :p

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

agreed. when he was quoting pumpkin, i didn't sense ANY kind of a second meaning like "leave me alone" or anything similar. he smiled adorably, and all he meant was to point out the beauty of literature. she, on the other hand, caught exactly what the quote was about, laughted at it in her head and teased him with the misanthrope. and her "i won't wait up" was just SO flirty, it's beyond me, lol.
    this is seriously a dream scenario, if you ask me. if this is what happened, maybe Grissom is not that socially awkward after all.

but i think there may be something more to this. however, i believe, after yesterday's "zero personal stuff" episode that our chances to get the Williams conversation are shrinking. Living Legend, in terms of GSR felt a bit like L&O, ya know.

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

See, I've always said it Jew-ler-ee.

What are you talking about, 'pretending'?

You know TPTB actually stands for 'Technological Poster Tally Base'. It's software - quite a basic computer program - that CBS hooks up to the boards via the internet. What it does is basically computes all of our posts from all the threads (shipper, forensic etc. etc.) takes in all of our theories and desires, eliminates the improbable, discards the off-topic (or turns it into character banter - most prominently seen in an episode like Rashomama) and through some technical mumbo jumbo I don't quite understand, it creates an episode by combining all those elements.

They forked out for a continuity upgrade this season, thankfully, which basically means they're able to run all their info through their archives for a final scan before producing the ep. It's a small addition, really, but it makes all the difference.

...what?

That would be because they bought the dialogue software for the Pilot from an American based company, but by the time the show was picked up and they went to produce Cool Change they had sold out, so they had to buy from an offshore company in the UK. Fortunately their programmers were able to overwrite the diction file, but Sara's general sentence structure remained in UK default.

I'm with Adz on this one. I REALLY don't feel the pumpkin scene was negative, and there's no way I think either of them were mad at each other. Plus, even if they had been at the time? Hello, a week later. It's too minor for them to have held a grudge about it for that long. Unless you really don't think our geeks are stable in the least.

See above ;)

Do we know if he's told her yet? I missed the ep, but I'm not sure. I was under the impression that it still hadn't been shared yet. I don't know how much Grissom has changed on a personal level (to be certain, anyway) but maybe this is the kind of thing he would like to mull over on his own until he's absolutely certain what he wants to do, rather than prematurely bother Sara about it. I don't think he's quite reaching that burnout stage yet, so at the moment I can imagine he'd be still in two minds about whether to stay or go (even if he's seriously considering it) - weighing up the pros and cons, good things and worries; rather than thinking "Yes, I am definitely going, how do I tell her?"

Real life sappiness ain't so bad :p

I totally agree. I actually think it was a really cute scene (even without the fact Sara looked totally cute with her hair like that) and not angsty in the least, with the slight exception of his concerned look at the end when she left the room. I guess it's almost the flipside of 'every cloud had a silver lining', if that makes any sense? Like, the cloudy lining around, er..some silver?

Shut up :p You know what I mean.

I wish I'd seen the episode yesterday, but, with there having not been much GSR, I don't really mind.

4. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

This is, indeed, a good point. He may not want to worry her with the possibility of his departure unless he definitely decides to go. And he is still Grissom, despite all the nookie he's been getting this past year and a bit - ie: he still lives in his head. So mulling things over for a while and then telling Sara is a definite possibility.

Again, this leads me to conclude that he went home and they had lots of nookie that night. Nothing helps two people avoid a conversation like sex. :devil:

You're sappy enough for the both of us, hon :p

Your analogies just... blow me away... :p

But I'll agree with you on the Sara cuteness factor. The woman is hot on a normal day, but she was smokin' with the curly locks. Yum... :)

5. theatresporter

Alright, that's it - no more sappiness or analogies for Fogs. :p

Did anyone else just have an image of a mini Grissom walking around in his head, drinking a glass of mulled wine?

Seriously though, I think Sara appreciates and understand's Grissom's...er, "Emotional Introspection" or whatever you'd call it. Because of that, I don't think she'd find it to be a breach of trust or any sort of "lying by omission" deal if he was to hold off telling her about Williams before he was certain.

Just so long as he's not moody around her all the time ;) A girl needs reassurance, what can I say?

6. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

No - but NOW I do!!! (mmm, mulled wine, I want some now...)

I have this lovely image of Grissom and Sara spending any spare time they have this Christmas sitting in front of an open fire and a tree, sipping mulled wine and watching old movies. Grissom's favorite would be "Its a wonderful life" - he'd chalk it up to Capra being a great director and his enjoyment of Jimmy Stewart movies, but it would really be because he's got a small sentimental streak in him, and he used to watch it with his mother.

Sara on the other hand would have a yearly tradition of watching Scrooged. Why? Because. Everyone should watch Scrooged at Christmas. Its a frickin' classic.

7. theatresporter

You know, I've never seen that (or It's a Wonderful Life, but that's another story). Yes, I suck as far as what movies I haven't seen but should have.

Anyway, it's funny you mention Sara watching 'Scrooged', because I never really imagined her as the Christmassy type. It could be part of her going all "Pah!" at weddings as well (yes, I know she's not anti-marriage, just anti-stupid, but: "How can the love be real if the flowers aren't?" [possibly paraphrased]) and her applying a similar way of thinking to the traditionalism of Christmas and what the holiday means.

Her obviously not being a Christian could be a sliver of that, but it could also come down to the fact she probably respects Christians and disapproves of materialism bastardising their celebration. Plus, with Christmas being generally about family time, and Sara not really having family, I can imagine her staving off it a bit (despite the continued Christmas spirit of no-family-Annie in While You Were Sleeping [love!!]).

I can see Grissom's traditionalism and Sara's realism (sort of bordering on cynicism, possibly) complementing each other, though. As alike as those two are on the whole, it's these kind of differences that add to the beauty of them as a couple all the more, because it means they're able to open up each other's worlds all the more with their own thoughts and ways :)

Also comes back to the aforementioned belief in ghosts and their canon differences there, too ;)

8. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I was told to come post by TS and Fogi so here I am.

Not a sliver of GSR last night, but I enjoyed it anyway. Roger Daltrey is so frigging awesome it makes me hurt. He was once on Lois and Clark and he was even awesomer on that than he was last night.

I'm okay with no GSR cause we already have so much to live off of for the moment that we'll be okay.

9. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

TS: We know Grissom and Sara do Christmas because of the episode "XX." Sara comments on how Grissom gave her an Entymology Text Book as a Christmas present the year before, to which the boys make fun of her, commenting that they don't remember getting gifts from Grissom. :) So, yay for Gris and Sara being called out.

Speaking of calling out, I watched the "Hunger Artist" today, which is a really tough episode for me to stomach. Despite all the graphic things I've seen on this show, one of the images that haunts me most is the girl picking her own face apart, desperate to be beautiful when she was already gorgeous.

Anyway, besides the obvious (moth to the flame, gal named Sara), there are some really interesting things in there, and some nice continuity.

In light of our recent crossword puzzle madness involving the word, "misanthrope," Sara notes in "Hunger Artist" that Grissom likes crossword puzzles. Yay for continuity! I know, for ages we've seen Grissom with crossword puzzles (he had one at the end of "Roshamama"), but it was just a nice ltitle thing.

Also nice was Grissom's comments on symmetry in looking for a mate. I know a lot of us pay attention to the symmetry between Grissom and Sara, so I found his comments on that to be very engaging, and thought I'd refresh everyone:

It's just so strange to sit here and think about this comment now, on symmetry, and how we often look at the symmetry between our own duo. Maybe Grissom finally picked up on it and it motivated him.

Another quote I found interesting was Grissom's final encounter with Cassie James. Looking back, they mean a lot. Sure, no one probably planned for them to. But, it's nice when a show gels. Here's what Cassie James had to say:

What did Grissom find? He found Sara. He found that thing he wasn't even really looking for. At his age, he was content to remain a bachelor, but a part of him kept tugging because of his proximity to a woman that just could be the one if he was able to let go of his fears and control issues enough.

And, I bet that first night together, they both slept a perfect sleep.

10. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Oh, I so love their interaction, AL. It was complete and utter foreshadowing (intentional or not) to everything Grissom would go through before he and Sara would finally get together. I also love the previous couple of lines in their dialogue:

He basically convinced himself that he could have a life that consisted of just his work. He thought he didn't need anything else. He was still clinging to this belief in Butterflied. But he was wrong, so very wrong. And he must have realised it, otherwise he and Sara would never have gotten together as they have. Yay for personal growth, no matter how late in life it comes along... :)

11. theatresporter

Aah yes, aware of this - But that indicates Grissom does Christmas - that he gave her something - not necessarily an indication of her views on the holiday ;)

1000 posts! Moving to new thread over...here ;)

If you could close this one up for us, CSM, that'd be awesome.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

No problem. Locking thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.