Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

Welcome geekprincess! I love our little crazy ship!

And, I agree with you on the role reversal. One of the big things a lot of us were talking about, was that we didn't want it to seem like Sara was ok now that she had a man, as if she weren't strong in her own right, as if she hadn't really healed but was using Grissom as a crutch. The "Burn Out" scene really showed her as a strong woman, and I love it.

I know it sounds silly, but when she crossed her arms, I just screamed. It was so great, because it just felt like she was letting him know gently that she disagreed with how he was treating Greg, not just verbally, but also physically, according to her body language.

I also like how she was willing to switch back to work so quickly. She didn't linger on it. It reminded me of "Way To Go" when she asked if he was ok about the Brass stuff. He said he was ok, and though she knew he wasn't, she didn't push it. She let it go because she realized he needed his space. I think, based on his reaction to her gentle chiding, she realized something was up. Maybe she didn't know he had a migraine, per se, but I think she knew something was up. So, she switched back to work mode. I just love that flow, that switch, that ability to pick up on what's going on with him, and respond accordingly.

Gosh, I love our GEEKS. :)

okay as i promised. here you go, nude - faced Grissom in a hat.

young1gif.gif

please, please Billy DO NOT do that.

What's this threesome thing you're talking about? *is confused*

I'm kinda tired and may not be totally coherent but like the comments about Burnout, the Sara telling Gris to be a little nicer thing. And that I also felt bad for him. I hope Sara was able to relieve some of his pain once she got him home. (no not necessarily THAT way, you gutter wierdos lol)

And, I agree with you on the role reversal. One of the big things a lot of us were talking about, was that we didn't want it to seem like Sara was ok now that she had a man, as if she weren't strong in her own right, as if she hadn't really healed but was using Grissom as a crutch. The "Burn Out" scene really showed her as a strong woman, and I love it.

Agreed. There's a real sense of equality between them that's nice. He still treats her like a boss, asking for results, but will stop to flirt. She will do so as well. And I think that the real reason Burn Out rubbed GSRs and nons alike the wrong way is that this was the first time they alluded to their couple-dom and the new rules of it, in front of someone else. And that someone else is rather invested in Sara, and is bound to notice.

okay as i promised. here you go, nude - faced Grissom in a hat.

You just like putting "nude" and "Grissom" in the same sentence as much as possible.

please, please Billy DO NOT do that.

You KNOW he will.

What's this threesome thing you're talking about? *is confused*

He did a movie where he had a threesome. MMF.

I hope Sara was able to relieve some of his pain once she got him home. (no not necessarily THAT way, you gutter wierdos lol)

Really, if you're going to say it, you KNOW that we're going to make it dirty.

Oh, completely understood - I was just saying that we'd all been walking a rather thin line lately, and it would be easy to cross it unknowingly.

Glad we're on the same page. ;) I agree, it would be easy to cross the line unknowningly.

Another big welcome to geekprincess, and don't apologize - GSR is the Home of the long posts.

GSR is the Home and the clear winner of the long posts. :p I have never in my life seen such long posts. :eek:

In that case, you're lucky you don't know me in real life -- you'd be running in the other direction as hard as possible screaming "PSYCHO ON THE LOOSE!" Especially if you'd been with me when I was watching "Way to Go" in May. ;)

Anyway, about Sara:
One of the big things a lot of us were talking about, was that we didn't want it to seem like Sara was ok now that she had a man, as if she weren't strong in her own right, as if she hadn't really healed but was using Grissom as a crutch. The "Burn Out" scene really showed her as a strong woman, and I love it.

Right on. As some people here have said, in earlier seasons Sara wasn't ready for a relationship with Grissom yet because she still had him on such a pedestal and probably would have depended on him to fix her various emotional problems, and that would have been an unreasonable expectation even for a saint, which Grissom, much as I like the guy, isn't. It took all the "angst" and emotional upheavals of late Season 4-mid Season 5 to get her to resolve those issues within herself and learn to accept herself for who she was, rather than depending on Grissom (or any other man) for validation. Only then was she ready to have a relationship with him. I totally agree with this theory; as my mom says, "If you're miserable when you're single, you'll be miserable when you're married" (well, in this case you can substitute "in a relationship" for "married," but you know what I mean...).

To that end, I really like the idea, which I have seen stated here, that "Committed" represents a turning point for Sara. You can see she's still vulnerable in that she's still working through her issues, but she's also becoming visibly stronger: rather than collapsing and self-destructing after the incident in the nurses' station, she looks Grissom in the eye and says she wants to finish the case. She's not depending on him to fix her any more. In fact, in a way, being with her "fixes" him, or at least changes him for the better; I, for one, can't imagine the Grissom from Season 2 or Season 3 walking around cracking jokes about "mouth-to-mouth" or wearing crazy Hawaiian shirts while philosophizing about death to another human being. Compared to the earlier Grissom, he's almost in danger of becoming a full-blown romantic. (Wait, did I just say "Grissom" and "romantic" in the same sentence? I MUST be crazy. :eek: ) I remember the episode of "Lost" where, in a flashback, Jack tells his wife, whom he had operated on after an accident, "I didn't fix you; you fixed me." In a way, I think that line would be just as applicable coming from Grissom to Sara. At least, that's the way I like to think of it, sappy psycho romantic that I am. ;)

~ geekprincess

First of all, welcome to geekprincess.. and kudos on already coming up with long posts. You'll fit in quite nicely :D

I myself usually keep to moderate length posts, because you people are all crazy. That and I have a very short attention span.

Agreed. There's a real sense of equality between them that's nice. He still treats her like a boss, asking for results, but will stop to flirt. She will do so as well.
This is exactly what I'm really liking about the canon status this year. I think we were all slightly nervous that all of a sudden we'd have this gushy, OOC couple that put their relationship above all else and stepped out of their traditional roles and behaviours towards each other. And of course, those behaviours were exactly what endeared us towards them to begin with. But reasonably, the whole "work is everything" attitude that both characters embrace is integral to their characterization. Also, it's what hindered the relationship from happening sooner.. so in the end, of course we're not going to see them suddenly abandon that mentality and dive headfirst into 'relationship as supreme importance' mode.

*ahem* DH freaking ruled last night.
So anyway.

In that case, you're lucky you don't know me in real life -- you'd be running in the other direction as hard as possible screaming "PSYCHO ON THE LOOSE!" Especially if you'd been with me when I was watching "Way to Go" in May.

Hey - Dayna. You have a soul mate. Dayna's upstairs neighbor porudly informed me that she went batshit crazy on what Dayna likes to call "Canon Night"

Right on. As some people here have said, in earlier seasons Sara wasn't ready for a relationship with Grissom yet because she still had him on such a pedestal and probably would have depended on him to fix her various emotional problems, and that would have been an unreasonable expectation even for a saint, which Grissom, much as I like the guy, isn't.

I think that's probably a pretty good analysis. The way that Sara looks at him in Unfriendly Skies is nothing short of hero-worship. Which, while nice, isn't a good foundation for a relationship. It seemed that it wasn't until she could sense herself on the same level as him, or close to it, that she was really ready. And Snakes is that moment for her.

It took all the "angst" and emotional upheavals of late Season 4-mid Season 5 to get her to resolve those issues within herself and learn to accept herself for who she was, rather than depending on Grissom (or any other man) for validation.

Again, agreed. I think it may have been an unwise choice to have him go to her in Bloodlines, but that was probably more a scene for Grissom to clue into how much he was missing, than for Sara to "heal herself".

To that end, I really like the idea, which I have seen stated here, that "Committed" represents a turning point for Sara. You can see she's still vulnerable in that she's still working through her issues, but she's also becoming visibly stronger: rather than collapsing and self-destructing after the incident in the nurses' station, she looks Grissom in the eye and says she wants to finish the case.
And he's still trying to protect her. WP said that in a recent interview - that he (Grissom) felt he had to protect Sara, and Committed may be the point where he realizes how helpless he is in regards to her, and how much power she actually has.

In a way, I think that line would be just as applicable coming from Grissom to Sara. At least, that's the way I like to think of it, sappy psycho romantic that I am.

Truth. lol.

RoseMary said:
It's so annoying watch you write about all these shippy (or not) scenes and know that I have to wait 4 days and one season to see them on screen...-.-
and I was complaining about the waiting.. and here in Panama the season premiere of Season 7 begins these thursday.. so I can finally see GSR again!! and that shippy scene I love about when they first met.. its so cute!!

I voted 'other' for the poll about the music-off-scene, because all the answers were true for me and weren't at the same time.
For me it was not a shippy scene, but it did bother me a whole lot - as well as the whole episode. Kudos to TPTB to give me such a great episode during an autumn-depressed-week
:eek: It so fit into my week, oh my.... I was a bit angry about that at first :( :)
It was dark, it was shaking, exhausting and sometime in between I found that Hodges spoke out aloud my very first thought about the child molester... and then again I thought, no Hodges, we both have think a little bit further than that... it really got me thinking about how people can be and what people can do.

And well, finally, concerning GSR I am really convinced, that Grissom gets much solace and power from being with Sara. Knowing this really did help me keep calm, while I suffered along through the episode :) I think the music scene was very subtle but nonetheless it symbolized very well, how much they can be for each other, and the actors were playing it so good...

For me it was an oustanding episode.

and I was complaining about the waiting.. and here in Panama the season premiere of Season 7 begins these thursday.. so I can finally see GSR again!! and that shippy scene I love about when they first met.. its so cute!!

wow CSI new season begins this week Here in Brazil too..a lot plp take from internet and already saw ..but i prefer wait and see for TV is better..and you know if you download once..is like spoilers need do forever..i see GSR parts and Wait for see in TV..finally we will see new season
someone knows if have something in this new spoiler about Sara or Grissom(someone talking about him) i am asking cos i don't know where u guys take spoilers..i have curiosity about...Grissom will go Teach in Brown..can i ask..is this far?..i can't wait for Grissom's back...maybe we win a scene out work..together...afterthe Grissom's break...i'm trying be positive..

for the poll i vote number 2..i don't see all episode only read about and saw GS scenes but ...second say what i think...
by the way, migraines( all my family have)..is the worse pain i have....i don't know how Grissom did for work...

IloveBilly said:

wow CSI new season begins this week Here in Brazil too..a lot plp take from internet and already saw ..but i prefer wait and see for TV is better..and you know if you download once..is like spoilers need do forever..i see GSR parts and Wait for see in TV..finally we will see new season
Exactly.. is really hard then to stop reading spoilers..
I've been trying not to..but unfortunately I've read some and even watch a little of the first epi.. So I know certain things..but I would prefer not to.. cause I am 100% sure that If had known what happened in the season finale before I watched it wouldn't have been that excited like it was..

Exactly.. is really hard then to stop reading spoilers..
I've been trying not to..but unfortunately I've read some and even watch a little of the first epi.. So I know certain things..but I would prefer not to.. cause I am 100% sure that If had known what happened in the season finale before I watched it wouldn't have been that excited like it was..
i start with spoilers in season 5 cos that bloodlines finale... but i really miss the time i didn't know about episodes... was pure emotion see butterflied and bloodlines without spoilers

but my emotion and long wait until episodes play here made me read spoilers
sometimes i feel i'm loosing something ...but i win all theory about and cool persons are fans talking ..this is very funny..plp are crazy and have a big imagination .LOL!!!

Welcome geekprincess and RoseMary have fun.. good taste ;) and Adzix the hat and not beard :( NOT... not him.. the combo...

SOULMATES

I find the debate over 'the music scene' (Sara covering[?] for Greg, then telling Grissom he should be nicer to the young gas-hopper) to be particularly interesting, in regards to whether it is a "shippy" scene or not.

Now, while I've always been one to stay within my own ship, and so I haven't ventured forth to prove this snippet of my theory to myself - I'm sure our lovely Sandles friends will be squeeing over it as a shippy scene for them, and rightfully so. However, I believe it's most certainly a shippy GSR scene, too, on the same token.

I know in the past many shippers have been reluctant to label non-'positive' GSR scenes as being shippy. This is likely because in our pre-canon days, those scenes could have been seen as being indicative of TPTB attempting to break our geeks apart.

I'm not talking about all angsty scenes here - Grissom getting jealous over Hank, for instance - good for the ship. But how about things that were seemingly not-entirely-great for either of them? Scenes that could have put the right amount of pressure on them to cause a potential strain?

How about Grissom's "I'm handing out the assignments" line in IE (just as a random example)? I can't imagine many of us swooned over that line, although it was along a similar thread/premise as Sara's comment 7x06. Now, I'm not saying that Sara was attempting to be domineering in the music scene in requesting Grissom lay off Greg, however you can't really argue that there wasn't an element of power in that line indicative of a clear shift that has happened between them since becoming an official couple.

Yes, Grissom is whipped to a certain extent (IMO), and while I'm not claiming he's going to necessarily be at her beck and call these days for a regular dosage of nookie or whatever, it is because they are in a relationship now that Sara has allowed herself (and Grissom has given her room) to have that increased level of confidence around him, enabling her to speak up over things she previously would have held back on (this Greg thing, for example). It's become more about give and take, rather than it always being about Sara giving and Grissom taking (or, Grissom giving out the shit, and Sara taking that).

Relationships aren't all about fluff and sex and flirtation and kink and cheekiness and heat and fun and sticky (not like that!) sweetness that makes you want to melt into a puddle of goo - no matter how much we'd (on a shallow level at least) like them to be. Without the hard times, one is unable to appreciate the good, nor are you able to revel in a couple's strength if it has never been really tested.

In comparison to many tribulations couples of this world (and the TV world at that) go through - yes, this was a particularly tame moment. And I'm sure there will be many harder moments to come (if I know TPTB at all...angst-thirsty rejoice!). But, moments between these two - good or not - are still shippy when they represent an ever growing and changing, personal dynamic between them. Whether they they be fleeting moments or key pieces in a much larger and ongoing arc, they're still all as important as each other, and I, personally, look forward to each and every one.

It's taken more than six years for us to get here guys, so don't let stuff like this put you off. Our geeks are in it for the long haul. Ups, downs and all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back