Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

I have decided whoever picks TOYD/PNN/Snakes is awesome ;)

But that's kind of the point, though, isn't it? That even first-time viewers would get the feeling that they could be together - that's how obvious it was.

Whereas I felt the 'You look nice' comment seemed about as vaguely shippy as Catherine's comment to Greg in Fannysmackin' about his swanky suit (no disrespect to Tag shippers <3). S'how it seemed to me, anyway.

Sara being called out on the stand was more of a cheap shot than anything solidly shippy, IMO.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yeah, but I always felt that they set up the earlier scene badly. Because the moment with Caprice seems to imply that they're not together. Miss Dee did a fabulous essay on the difference between dreams (which could be considered plans for the future) and fantasy (what has not yet happened).

So technically Caprice may have known they were together, and "secret longings" could mean he knows their relationship isn't open, but he hopes that their plans for the future come through.

However, a lot of us here after it aired were thinking that they were just about to go home and do it six ways from Sunday...

but that it would be the first time.

Oh, yeah - agreed. But combined with all of the other scenes in the episode...

But Sara's flustered reaction (mirroring Grissom's earlier) is what MADE it shippy. She never really denies it.

3. theatresporter

That's because they got together between those two scenes ;)

SINCE TOYD, BABY!

*ahem* ... ;)

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

quoting "Overload" - oh, that a nice one sarah.

i voted, Since I met you/TOYD/Snakes.

my reasons are:
    PNN - obviously the most straight forward, and direct appreciation for a female from Grissom that we ever heard, excluding "You have lovely lips" to LH. This wasn't IMPLYING that he thinks she is beautiful, it was SAYING it without actually verbalizing the exact words, which is very Grissom-like.

Next, TOYD. no question there. funny, that the most sexually tensed and meaningful situation between the two of them is in presence of the whole team and with them not even exchanging a word. it shows how great chemistry those two actors have.

i would give Pine Me Down no. 2 though. it's the closest we saw them together.

and Snakes. yup, Sara is the one who initiates the whole conversation and puts in on a shippy route. she is the most direct with her feelings here. more than ever. it's not "wanna go out?" or "is the non-existent "us" going to affect my promotion?" but more "i have FEELINGS for you, i moved to Vegas espacially for YOU" which assures Grissom about what we said so many times earlier, that it's not a temporary fling for her, that she doesn't wanna play with her boss for 10 minutes and take off, but something she wants for a longer time he thought, and that she still wants despite everything that happened (or more like didn't happen) to be with him.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol! I feel like we're one of those lame musical gangs. JETS! SHARKS!

SINCE TOYD

SINCE COMMITTED/GRAVE DANGER.

That's it, people - we're going to stage a war. Pick your side of the line!

6. theatresporter

OH IT'S ON!

Ps: Adz you're awesome ;)

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I have some bad news. Due to exposure to the following two pictures:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

and trace amounts of

Geekhumpage

from upcoming episodes, user Adzix has died from a fatal WPHS overdose.

Let the gangs come together for a moment to mourn...

ETA

Somewhere, in her new abode that she's left us all for, Ziggy's panties are on fire.

8. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I really don't think they've been doing the horizontal mambo since Committed/Grave Danger, but I definitely am onboard the "before TOYD" train. I'm not saying everything was completely smoothed out before TOYD. I think TOYD was still important. However, those nightstands were decorated by two different personalities. It had been a while of them being together. :)

I definitely think Committed and Grave Danger were "wake up" points for Gris. I think they started having dinner and maybe breakfast during the summer between Seasons 5 and 6. I don't know when the physical relationship started, but, I am definitely on the pre-TOYD bandwagon. :)

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

*voice from above with angel choir in the background*
    hey guys. yes it's true. i died. i also cannot find tuesdaymorning anywhere here, so there you go, a proof that somebody here was freakin' delusional.

*cough*

i WAS awesome. now there is nothing but ashes left. my heart is still pounding from excitement though.

therefore, MissDee, you can add a first death from WPHS to your description of the Syndrome.

as sarah told me, he travels back in time guys. he looks ... YOUNG and HOT!

i'm a poltergeist so i can actually interact with reality and vote on polls. and i voted the third option, i'm open for both possibilities.

thank you for your attention.

*flies away to haunt Billy*

10. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

Wow... I think i have died with Adzix. Holy Hottness Batman! wow, thats all i can say.

As for the poll, Im stickting with Committed/Grave Danger. I dunno, something about the way they are flirting is very different from the previous times.

Although, TOYD, there was something def going on after the cameras went off and they were left alone with the table.

*cant think clearly after the overload of WP hottness*

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Agree.. totally except the "angst" part.. I'm so glad that they're together.. finally... and the "DEAR'.. that's right he did call Catherine that..in "Jackpot" but in a comical..cynical..sarcastic tone.. with Sara.. different.. ;) or maybe he's just a "DEAR' kinda of guy ;)he's a mysterious character.. always coming from out in left field.. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

12. disprncss358

disprncss358 Rookie

I love that the writers finally put the two together, but they need to show more of them being together besides being on the job, they did for Cath and Nick, why can't they for Sara and Grissom???

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I have trouble to choose GSR between the episodes, I like 'em all, so I choose Nesting Dolls because Grissom was worried about Sara.

Grissom's pov- I vote Too tough to die. He also worried about Sara for not get some sleep. Sara's pov- I vote Snake, she did a good job with it. I got to rewatch that because it my favorite between Sara and Nick separate case.

I vote for Committed and Graves Danger- Grissom was worried and scared for Sara. Grissom also worried about Nicky, just like Sara. I still said Ecklie make a mistake to break up the team. Nick should stay with Grissom. Greg can work with Warrick or Catherine. Grissom is the only one can calm Sara and Nick down. They both looks up to him.

14. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Oh my gah, it's the attack of the polls. My mind is scattered. So many red lines. Can't...decide.

Alright, so for most obvious GSR moment I picked the TOYD CSEyesex scene. That scene basically made it obvious that Grissom and Sara weren't playing "co-workers only, co-workers only" anymore. There was some serious... *waves hands* going on.

For the Grissom moment I picked PNN "Since I met you" line. I mean, come on. "Since I met you"? That's basically spelling it out. As for the Sara line, I picked the Snakes confession scene. "You were always more than a boss to me" sealed the deal for me. I still remember watching that scene with my jaw dropped.

Second poll:

*jumps out from behind the curtain* SINCE TOYD. I would just love that.

"Baseball and cold showers, baseball and cold showers..."

I agree. If it was just held for just one beat longer, it would have been even better. It was almost like they were looking into each other's mind. Soul searching, almost, except in each other. Or maybe I'm just being a hippy and thinking this through too much.

We really really are. But we're kickass dorks, Sarah, you have to admit that.

Sorry, I should of clarified - I ment in love. I don't know, maybe I just haven't experienced it yet, but unless Grissom and Sara had something in San Fransisco (like, an actual relationship for example) I can't see them having enough time to have developed love for one another. A huge crush, maybe, but I think it takes time. Right now though, I definitely think they're in love. And I'm loving the fluff and all, but damn I need some angst.

Thanks, Sporter! :) And yeah, I actually ment to type "she frightened him". What would I do without you? :p

Oh God, TS. lol. I'm sure Grissom was definitely thinking "BANG ON" in that situation.

Oooh, I can't wait to see it. Unless it's some sort of Tom Selleck photo manipulation featuring whipped cream and strawberries. In that case, don't you DARE show me that picture. And we definitely need to find a new, better home. Someone needs to go on a search.

Ok, I just have to post one last snippet of one of the chat transcripts because I found this funny (seriously, 98% of it is talking about random crap. There's about 40 lines of Ziggy confessing her love for Nathan Fillion. Seriously):

Will someone please make a GSR vid to "You and Me" by Lifehouse? I'm listening to it now and it completely reminds me of Geeklove. Not necessarily all the lyrics, but the feel. Or could anyone PM me with a link to one? If I made one it would just turn out shitty.

On a completely off topic note: Guess what I'm being for Halloween? CHER. That's right. I know you're all jealous.

Bow down, it's ok, I don't mind.

15. Freckles101

Freckles101 Hit and Run

Yay, polls!

For the first one I voted TOYD/Swap Meet/Snakes

TOYD is just...obvious. That was the first time when we were able to really believe that Gris and Sara were together. I mean obviously we didn’t know until WTG for sure, but still. Oh, and the fact that they were w/ the whole team makes it better. I totally believe that Cath noticed (not that she knows they are together) and took Greggo out of the room. ;)

I love Swap Meet. We have Gris thinking about Sara immediately after the wife said “Everyone fantasizes about someone…a girl in the office maybe” (paraphrased), him bringing her tea “just how she likes it”, etc.

Snakes is one of my fave scenes ever—I mean in other words Sara is telling him that he’s the reason she moved to Vegas. Why else would she have come? I did choose Snakes, but I also think Nesting Dolls is also near the top. I mean, yeah it has the comforting/handholding, etc, but it also is very much about Sara. However her words in Snakes are more obvious than “I choose men who are emotionally unavailable” because it also refers (I’m assuming) to Hank.

In WTG is more implying w/ the “people I love”. He loves her but doesn’t need to state it specifically—which I think shows how serious they are about each other.

Hee! I can also imagine Gris like reciting bug facts in his head. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.