Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding Love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Reeble, Oct 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

Re: Grissom&Sara #23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wielding

yeah-Sara's always been more direct face to face with Grissom, than he has her, but Grissom has being more open about his feelings and physical attraction than sara in a way, like sarahvma said. i totally agree Adzix though. i really think he would. he seems he would be a sensitive/romantic sole outside of work and i can imagine sara being somewhat the same. and beauty was always a big thing for him with her, he was intimidated by it, and feared rejection like he said (but not face to face, she was there, but with everyone else-but she got it.) probably thought he wasnt good enough for her.

but even though Grissom has verbally made more statements about wanting or loving Sara than Sara has about Grissom, i think thats for balance more than anything. sara is very open about how she feels, she's came to him on numerous occasions to say how she felt and has made it very obvious on other occasions. Grissom wasnt like that, he wasnt ready and he was scared, but we had to know it was two sided, so we got flirty hints and BF etc. so we knew he did. i dont think its anything to do with sara being less open or feeling less or whatever.

i think sarahvma mentioned in our last thread though, she knew him prior to LV and in the pilot, Grissom was quite hot, he looked younger and stuff. she knew him from SF, so she probably knew him at his peak, so just cause someone ages doesnt mean the attraction goes. so since she was attracted to him before she even came to LV because she said she moved to LV for him and 5 years later she's still attracted to him, it suggests shes always found him attractive. she must if she wanted a relationship with him, you cant be in a relationship with someone you dont have a sexual connection with. then its more like friends. plus like Adzix said. she was basically calling him attractive in the grey hair scene. but i think with sara, looks never meant as much to her as the person. i totally think its him as a person shes overall attracted to. cause like Adzix said, he's everything the people around her growing up that have emotionally scarred her were not. she'd obviously feel safe with him, but i think, she was just in total awe of him and how controlled and clever he was, and that grew to respect...i cant ever imagine sara having a meaningful relationship with someone who was dumb, or not as clever as herself. i think she was attracted to everything about him. Grissom however put a lot more emphasis on physical than mental attraction, but like i said, i think thats because he was intimidated by it and not because he found it more important, i think over time, he became attracted to everything she was and stood for just like she did him.

i wouldn’t mind Liev's character trying to secure grissoms job by doing that, as long as it didn’t start to destroy or have a negative effect on grissom and saras relationship, as long as it strengthened them and didn’t weaken them. it could produce some classic GSR. but i wouldn’t want him to actually end up securing gris's job.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hy guys!
    I watched jackpot yesterday and something came across my mind there: When Gris got a call from catherine and the police officer thought that it would be his wife calling him, Gris found that funny and therefor called catherine dear to make the officer believe he was really talking to his wife. So that puts the "DEAR" scene in double cross in a completely new light for me. Maybe thats a sign?! Grissom normally calls NOONE dear so lets relate that "dear" in jackpot to the "dear" in DC and we have somekind of forcast?! Could it be that grissom would call only his wife or wife-to-be "Dear"??!!!!
    "I just love speculating about that"

3. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

True, but in Butterflied it was different. He wasn't flat out holding a neon sign over his head that said, "I love Sara Sidle!", but it was more like he was confessing all the messed up chances. I don't think you can love someone if you've never been in a relationship with them (unless TPTB decide to make the speculation that they have been together all along fact). To me, that scene was him admitting to himself that she wasn't just "a girl in the office", but he frightened her. Sara's the only person who could make Grissom feel like that.

But I see where you're getting at and I agree. And Sara's been there both times he has verbalized it.

lol, Sully. You make me laugh. I completely agree with you. It was hot riiiight up until the point where Sara goes, "Um...I've been meaning to ask you something" or whatever she says. I bet in his mind, Grissom was screaming "BACKPEDAL, BACKPEDAL".

When first watching the scene, did anyone else expect them to just jump at each other and start making out? The first time I watched "Invisible Evidence" (which is the episode that made me a GSR shipper, by the way) I was just waiting for Grissom to let go of her wrists and smack her against that wall. Back then I didn't really know what kind of show CSI was, but if a scene like that was on almost any other show, they so would of did it right there.

And you all know it.

So anyways, I was just sifting through one of the chat transcripts Sporter sent me (BANG ON, Tom!) and I managed to find some appropriate, GSR related conversation. This is right after "Time of You Death" aired. Enjoy!

And later...

Lmao :lol:

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

But note that she only ever did so after he was the one to make the drive-by flirts or confession.

I think adding marriage to the list of surprises might be one too many, but yeah - it does fuel the idea that perhaps he considers himself practically married, or very committed, to Sara.

You're right, though - if, in jest, he feels that "dear" is a term of affection used by spouses, it does lean towards him feeling the same way about it in an actual relationship.

True - but that's my point. We never, from Sara, heard something similar. We unconsciously knew it because of all of the looks and statements and smiles, but from Grissom's perspective, someone who's already lousy with people, her flirts or her invitation to dinner didn't mean she was in love with him, just that she was interested.

On top of that, she was the only one of the two who had a real 'luvuh' for a long-term period. Add to that the fact that Catherine had probably told him about Hank cheating on her, and he may have assumed he was rebound.

I'm just saying that we, the audience, got more of a peek into Sara's private reactions to things than any of the characters did.

lmao. "Think of dead kittens... think of Margaret Thatcher naked on a cold day".

I think that was the intended sense you were to get from it. I just wish they'd held the final face-to-face thing for a beat longer. But, like the director said, Jorja didn't want to feel like Sara would flirt over a place where someone died. And you do get that sense - she seems very uncomfortable the whole time, whereas Grissom... uh... does not.

Until she talks.

ETA

lol, Reebs. We are such dorks.

5. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

hi guys!! i have been thinking of gsr, about how they grew in the last few years. at first, i was kind of a G/C fan, i was like: omg, they are perfect for eachother, hooray for Gris and Cath! *i know, shame on me* but then i started to see these connections b'tween sara and gris. that's actually how i came here! :p tonight the finale here in holland, can't waaait!! *jumps around happy* i saw TOYD for the first time a few days ago, (although i already saw some scenes of it over at grissomsararomance.com) and it was freakin' great!! when caprice said: and may all your dreams come true, and they were sooo close together, i was like: CAPRICE IS A GENIUS!!! even he sees that they belong together!!!!!! :rolleyes: jeezzz, is it so hard for some people (like gris and sara theirselfs actually) to realise they belong together??? it took them 6 years, from Norman fell to 'I'm not ready to say goodbye yet...' :rolleyes: but well, they are kinda together (they are SOOOOOO in a relationship now) and it's no more angst.. only freakin' adorable romance.. *sigh* i kinda miss the angst, it always was exciting for all of us, because we could talk about if they could ever be together, because there is so much angst.. these good old times.. *sniffs* ;)

6. Sara_Grissom_Fan

i still think she may have had that talk with him, not because she wanted to, but because she was uncomfortable and didn’t know how to break the contact with him, so she blurts out about how she has something to talk to him about to distance herself, and even though i think she maybe thought it in her head and questioned it, she had to have, she said she'd been meaning to ask him, i don’t think it was so smart to ask him, and i bet she wouldn’t have, if she wasn’t put in that position. well perhaps she might have, but she was in a sexually tense position with him, and she was close to him, and after she'd finished her theory, he didn’t back off he did his whole 'like this' thing and got even closer to her. but i think at the same time, it was the perfect time for her to mention it cause he'd just obviously showed interest, and its no coincidence she asked him then, but i still get the feeling, she half mentioned it then because she didn’t know how else to break the moment, she felt so uncomfortable in. he wasnt moving, she saw he probably wasn’t going to, so she had to. well probably not, but maybe.

Anyways I remember that ep on the phone, i think youre right, if that’s the kind of term of affection he used so the officer thought he was talking to someone he was committed to and loved, and then he calls sara dear, for real in a real situation, chances are that shows how much he feels for her, and how comfortable he is with her, but now serious he is about her also.

7. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

I'm not sure I agree with you on the point about needing to be in a relationship with someone before you love them. Well, more be IN love with them ('cause you can definitely love somebody outside of a relationship). I'm not saying I totally disagree, only that I'm not sure.

Anywho, I like your interpretation of the scene - the messed up chances, showing she's not just a girl at the office - when you said "but he frightened her" did you actually mean "but she frightened him"? 'Cause that bit confused me a tad. Anyway, good job, Reeble :p

There's a reason they framed those shots to cut off everything below the waist, you know. I'm sure that scene, um..hit the Jackpot.

And even though that scene, I assume, was pulled back from what it originally was (because of Jorja's reservations) what we got was excellent because it was just enough to get out imaginations running wild, setting loose thousands upon thousands of rabid smut fanfiction writers. Just enough to get the juices flowing. And in a way, that was able to give us more satisfaction than if they'd actually gone any further in that moment - because of how each of us was able to fill in the blanks with whatever would have pleased us most. (Alyssa the prude: "Yes, I'm sure they would have... held hands! Oh, the thought just makes me giddy with innocent joy!!" ;) <3 'lyssa)

BANG ON, Reebs! I made a new icon especially for you on MSN, so we have to catch up soon ;) But lol @ those chat excerpts. Heh. That's actually almost kind of embarrassing...hahah. But I'm glad you managed to find some part of the chat that wasn't X rated or nothing to do with GSR, haha. (You love the chat, guys - we really need to find a new one)

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Re-reading the Time of Your Death conversation gave me a poll idea - without taking into consideration Way to Go or Butterflied, because those were flat-out admissions, what episodes were so deadly obvious (pre-season 7) that the ship was going to happen, or at least that both were interested, in more than a 'crush' way?

I'm going to set up three polls because there were certain scenes that just applied to Grissom or just applied to Sara, and then some that made it obvious for the both of them.

Because of this, I'm not going to have an "other" section as pretty much everyone will put, "Well, duh, WTG/Butterflied".

My point is more - what made it clear to the audience, without being told, that something more was happening in terms of a relationship or feelings?

Make sense? Probably not. lol.

ETA

I realized I was short on Sara scenes, and I think it's because in a lot of joint GSR scenes, Sara was always the more obvious.

However, it IS interesting that Grissom, on his own, one-sided, has been more involved.

9. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

TOYD/PNN/Snakes.

But still. BoP FTW! *ahem*

There was no way people could misinterpret or be unsure about the eye-sexage going on in TOYD. It was so completely there, the geeks at their happiest, completely moony over each other for the whole thing. Sara's secret smiles, Grissom's "Screw the diamond necklace, Sara's way prettier to look at" - it was all there, laid out on the table, right before they laid each other on the table.

Grissom's 'Since I met you' in PNN was a shock to everyone (IRL, too. I think Jorja hit Billy afterwards, lol) and it was just one of those "I'm gonna slip out a moment of honesty but not look at her at the time, and then pretend I never said it and move on because it's scary as hell" - and that, my friends, is love-with-the-fear-of-it-being-unrequited.

And in Snakes, well - she says it all, really. Why DO you think she moved to Vegas? :p

10. Sara_Grissom_Fan

haha omg i just voted and then i saw the voted charts and someone else has voted for the exact same scenes for each poll as i have. damn thats weird.

i voted Time of Your Death - Eye Sexage-as the most obvious gsr moment, cause you KNEW from then, they were together.

for the most obvious Grissom moment i chose 'Since I Met You'. because it was the first time, Grissom verbally expressed interest in Sara, and you knew from then on, there was gonna be something between these two.

and for Sara's most obvious moment, i chose Snakes, cause in that moment, we first REALLY got a confrontation that showed just how much she felt, and although we knew before, this was a massive scene for Sara and Grissom and their relationship.

edit: ha, it was theatresporter! :)

ps; i think there are more sara 'obvious' scenes than listed. Grey Hair, the Sophia confrontation, id say the 'tie me up' scene was saras most obvious FIRST gsr scene along with unfriendly skies. her brushing 'chalk' away from his face seemed an obvious moment not just for him but her too. sara asking him out in play with fire. nesting dolls for her too. butterflied for her also because of her reaction, she looked like she was about to cry. Nesting Dolls, she couldnt look at him in the face, she was humiliated he had to be there to see her fall. well there are loads for both i guess. grissom and his 'i have you (magazine discussion), i need her (refusing to fire her), i need you (blood lust) etc.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I put some different ones - I thought that Grissom's look of hurt, Sara's being called out on the stand, and Grissom saying she looked nice was probably one of the most obvious GSR episodes. Yes, the eye-sexage was clear, but it was still a little (for some viewers) "Huh? What was that? Are they together?"

I also thought that Swap Meet was a more honest moment for Grissom - he really had to choose to go to her after Mrs. Brady suggested that he had a crush on someone he worked with, and then he sat and talked to her frankly about sex and relationships very intimately. Maybe not a dead-obvious scene, but more Grissom becoming comfortable and really spending time with Sara, rather than the drive-by flirtation of Premium NN. Yeah, more obvious, so... I kind of broke my own rules. lol.

I guess... maybe more "honest" of a scene, in my opinion.

Less of a cheat for Grissom.

Then I put Snakes for Sara. duh. lol.

12. lea

lea Police Officer

For the poll :D

Most obvious GSR moment for me, would have to be TOYD. WOAH! That was such a sweet scene at the end. Even my sister noticed something ;-)

For Grissom, I'd say either Committed, or Premium Non Nonchere. Both obvious moments I feel :D Particularly Committed.

For Sara... Erm any moment :D Haha jokes. Erm I'd definately say snakes.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yeah, that was the other half of the problem - I couldn't very well have 43 options of "Grissom says something and Sara smiles".

Like, Harvest - what would you classify that as? Grissom says she'd be a smart 7th grader, but in a warm way, not necessarily obvious or shippy. Sara smiles. But neither are saying, "AND I DEARLY LOVE YOU".

Either way - that's how I like my GSR. Subtle. I think this would be best decribed as the "least subtle" GSR moments without being flat-out "We like one-another and are dating".

14. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

*coughs* *speaks in raspy voice* need.. new .. episode .. before .. death .. occurs .. and .. i .. become .. the .. next .. csi .. episode .. *falls over*

*comes back to life*

ugh.. anyway.

POLLNESS!

Okay, so I picked TOYD, basically because it had nothing to do with work, it was just a scene, that was so obvious it made us literally squee.

And I picked PNN, because he didn't have to say it or anything, haha and Sara's wtf look was hilarious.

And for Sara's moment, I picked Snakes. Cause if Grissom hadn't made the thing awkward, they might have been dating then!

Okay, I feel like I just quit smoking, but instead, I just quit watching new episodes of CSI. I'll never be able to make it until Thursday.

GAHH! I'll go watch Committed.. it should ease the withdrawal symptoms for a while.

15. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Nice poll!! sarahvma ;)
    Okay.. I would say in GSR moment Invisible evidence..it's just it was such an lets say intense moment between them and also awkward and thats what makes even more obvious that there was something (feelings) of both..
    In Grissom I would say Swap meet..I saw that epi such an intimate conversation that Grissom would'nt have with everyone..and that there he is having it with sara have to mean something right?
    In sara there are lot but from the ones there I would say Snakes is such like telling it without telling exactly it's like "implied"
    Even though I consider Committed & Nesting dolls such a great epis .. I just love it.. I don't see many you know like GSR there.. well there is but I don't think there is in a romantic way nor related to their feelings.. is more like care, protection and so on..but when there is moments like that I am not thinking about that she loves him or he loves him.. I am more like.. ohh he is so cutee he was there with here..trying to understand her to help her.. and things like that is what I thought with those moments..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.