Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

okay, bring in the angst! where to start? *i noticed a lot of dissapointing little details in the scenes* :p
    first: the kicking-dummy-volunteering part, i was really dissapointed that gris didn't said anything like: 'maybe...', or just smiled to her, or a wink or anything.. no, it was just: 'No' :(
    i don't know why he did that, think he wasn't there with his thoughts, i think he was thinking about the case, not about her... *you guys can count the number of times i used the word 'think'* ;) ;)
    second: in the hospital scene, where sara shows gris a bottle with something in it, *the linger-finger-thing*, sara said: hey! but grissom didn't answer her, he just took the bottle from her hand, while she was talking.. :( why didn't he said: hi sara, what have you got there, or just hi! but well, maybe that's because he was worried about greg, being in the hospital and in a really bad condition.. :(

and the last thing that dissapointed me: sara explained her whole theory in the chainsaw-part, but he didn't even said at the end: way to go sara, or something like: well done... :( :p
    i think Sara is still the most flirtatious person in the relationship, he doesn't flirt much, accept for the veggie-burger scene... :D ;) i'd like to see grissom in a more flirty way, kinda letting his shield down a liiiiitle more... :devil: ;)

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

The dummy-kick didn't actually bother me that much. More because in that instance, as opposed to Toe Tags, he was the one who set off the flirting. I mean, when was the last time he went "WOAH! Pick on someone your own size" in a suggestive way to Nick or Warrick when they're working on a scene?

Also, he spent a few extra seconds watching her before he let his presence be known.

Yes, a little "maybe" would've been cool, but I liked his eyebrow quirk.

And I also liked that he essentially was saying, "No, I know you could kick my ass".

While I didn't really think there was much to the finger-linger, nor did I think the scene was particularly shippy, they were in a hospital that could've potentially been crawling with their co-workers, and it's not like they could sneak into his office. They were in plain view in the hallway.

Yeah - I was bothered by how easily he dismissed her theory in Toe Tags with a "That'll do for now" - after all, she's the one who figured out that they were the ones with the chainsaw, cutting up the furniture.

Is it possible that Grissom's being even harder on her as a boss now?

3. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I went with 'Just Make Out Already' and 'In Love and Kickin'' and DAMNIT, I can't believe you did the God they look good. You can all go die.

Thanks as always for managing the title-choosing, Sar- and putting up with the undue criticism :D

I've been thrown out on my ass, btw, so our CSI watching may be on hiatus...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Long live the angst!!! A couple like g and s is not meant to be an easy one think of how difficult it has been to finally get together and now that they are it cant happen that everything is always sunny and smooth sailing. Their relationship is a rollercoster ride . Maybe one of them i think it would be sara gets tired of hiding their relationship all the time and there we are, trouble on its way. Dont get me wrong I love gsr and I want them to be together but they are both such difficult and troubled characters. I honestly miss some dept in their relationship all that flirting is nice but not satisfying. I want them to show how much they really care for eachother. Some of them should get in serious trouble so they need to make a statement, stand up for eachother! Have you thought about sara or grissom having trouble at work and the otherone is bound to do something? How will they react when they have to reveal the secrecy of their love and one of them or both would probably loose their job. Would they still do it?!

5. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

erm... should be "Hot-Broiled" LOL! But, if it wins, I'll sacrifice the "broiled" to make it fit. :)

Last chat was great, and thanks for the new temporary home, TS! GSR fo lyfe!

If Grissom and Sara are going to have angst, I don't want it to be BETWEEN them, if that makes sense. I don't mind seeing them fight the outside world, but I want it known that our lovers are a united front, that their relationship is strong. These two are great together, and though I'm sure they argue like any couple, I'd really like to see them when their biggest fight is not with each other, but with work, or Ecklie, or something that's fun to watch. Because, I want to see the Geeks have each other's backs.

6. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

After out chat convo yesterday, I read that completely the wrong way. Damn you! ...eh, who am I kidding, it's the gutter.

But yeah, the chat finally died. Finally booted me in the wee hours of this morning. But I'll never let go, Jack/my heart will go on/the steamy car sex was great while it lasted.

As I mentioned, though, and Sarah mentioned again, we DO have a new temporary chat set up until we sort out a new home for y'all. You can find it here. PM me, Reeble or sarahvma for the password.

Anyway...I still don't like the thought of Sara calling Grissom 'Gil'. I know that's his name and all, but it just seems bad and wrong. I do not want to hear it.

But yes, angst...hmm. Sarah, you really are a masochist. I'm not sure I like where you're going with this. I know you don't want them to break up, and I know that after 6 years has led up to them getting together, they just wouldn't do it (if you ask me, that would be them jumping the shark) and yeah, all couples face problems, but I'd kinda like it if the problems Grissom and Sara were facing were external to their relationship. The two of them together, fighting outside forces. Or one of them being affected by outside forces, and the other fighting for them.

But also, I think much of the angst from the past stemmed from them not being ready for a relationship, being on different levels with each other. But now they've passed that, y'know? They're much more in tune with each other, understanding and accepting of whatever they're coming to learn about each other. Note Sara's non-angst over the whole corset thing when she knew it had to do with Lady Heather?

I'm not saying this should be a smooth ride the whole way, I just don't see why the problems need to come from within to be interesting.

Things could get strained, sure, but...I dunno, give me some more time to think about this :p

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

*Sigh*

I don't know where she gets it. Adzix and I, being pious nuns, have no idea why Sporter and [/b]Alyssa are so incredibly filthy.

Remember that pure, wholesome site I found, Adzix?

I think people want it for what it symbolically suggests, but other than that... "Gil" is lame. lol.

And really... I mean, what's in a name? Not to get corny, but seriously - does she HAVE to call him by his Christian name just because they sleep together?

It's not exactly the sort of thing one really revels in the opportunity to shout out in the middle of heated passion.

Maybe she calls him "Bert".

Anyway - since it looks like it's going to win, would you guys prefer:

1) Grissom&Sara#23 - Hot, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw-Wielding Love
    or
    2) GSR#23 - Hot-Boiled, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw-Wielding Love
    ?

8. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

i'd go for the second option, it's more complete ;) but anyway, i want to say a happy-GSR thing again :p My almost boyfriend says he understands the chemistry between G and S, and he promised me to let me talk about it every day, whenever i want it :p he rocks ;) :devil:

9. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

Now, why do I think that's bollocks? Hmmmmm... ;)

I like the name Gil. It's a good solid geek name. However, I do think she would start referring to him as Gil at "home" simply because it would be one way to distinguish between home and the office. Of course, she could just have a whole host of pet names for him. I mean, me and my fella hardly ever call each other by our actual names. We don't call each other by our surnames though. Only our friends and co-workers do that.

I vote for the first option because "hot-boiled" keeps making me think of pig-on-a-spit... which makes me think of spit-roasting... which makes me think of including Greg again... which... actually, I'm gonna stop there.

10. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

I'm sad that I missed this final chat, being as I was one of the founding members. *tragic sigh* It was my little brother's 13th birthday, so I was busy ice skating and eating Red Robin's burgers. Ohhhhh yeah.

I go for hot (rather than hot-boiled) because I agree with uk, it totally makes me think of roasting food, and while roasting food is all good, it really doesn't have a place in our ship. I'm all for including Greg though!

11. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

My best friend's dad calls his wife by her maiden name. And by maiden I mean the surname she still has now as she didn't take his after marriage. I'm sure a lot of other couples probably do that. And it's kinda cute.

I agree that calling him "Grissom" while they were together would be strange, but "Gris" has always been her cute little name for him. I can only imagine her calling him "Gil" when she's mad at him. Or "Bert" if he becomes anemic, grows a monobrow and starts having a weird, pidgeon fetish.

We TOTALLY missed you, Zig. Seriously, the whole time (between Adz and Sarah discussing Billy-crotch...and by that I mean Jesus because clearly they ARE nuns...*cough*) we were like "I wish Zig were here! She should be here! We ought to have all the oldschool clan together for our final chat!". Alyssa (aka. AL) and I agreed that at least you and Fogi should have been there, too (along with Reebs, Sarah and the two of us who obviously all made appearances).

Oldschool Gutterflies fo lyfe, yo. So sorry you weren't there :(

I hope you enjoyed Pete's birthday nonetheless :)

Like Zig and uk, I'm gonna go for the first option - just hot.

I'm happy to let Greggo in on the lovin' though. Big Middle style threesome all the way :D

ETA: DUDES. We are having the best time in the chat right now. Seriously, COME JOIN! Go here

PM me here at Talk for the password.

12. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Oh ok..
    Sorry

13. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

it was supposed to be Hot "BROILED" LOL! Not Hot Boiled! LOL!

And, I am the resident Prude! Don't forget it!

I want her to call him "Gil." Last season, I was on the "Gris or Grissom ONLY" bandwagon, but as time has gone on, I want more. I want to see that level of intimacy. I think it's because she hasn't called him anything TO HIS FACE this season, yet. That's driving me nuts, so I want answers. I want to know what she calls her man when no one else is around. It just feels like if it were "Gris" or "Grissom," we'd have heard it by now.

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*cries* I'd have come last night but nobody reminded me and I forgot about it myself...and that I didn't need a message to come in this time lol.

ooh I love the idea about Warrick calling him 'baby' and 'honey'....sounds good :)

I like the first one for the thread name...'hot' instead of 'hot boiled'.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

ADZIX AND I ARE PURE OF SOUL.

Would you call it out in bed?

I think that's the real test.

I agree with the second half. She obviously made a point of announcing to him and the audience that she was talking to her luvuh when she said, "Well, according to my supervisor..." wink-wink nudge-nudge.

But I think if she started calling him Gil at home, it would increase the chance of her doing so at work with some raised eyebrows.

Please don't speculate. God knows Adzix has some.

... okay, I get the pig reference both in the "we sat 'neath the starry sky and watched the decomposing pig and thus our love was eternal" and the Greg thing, but... roasting on a spit? How about some lovely tofu?

Did he enjoy the cars/map?

I... I'm afraid I don't get the reference, Ern.

How about Gilby?

SLANDER! SLANDER AGAINST THE CHURCH.

Heh. Crotch.

But hot-broiled makes no sense!

Filthy tramp.

That's because you weren't invited. *nose in air*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.