Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordan

jordan Rookie

In responce to Grissom getting hurt and how Sara would react, I'm going to say that I think she'd flip and the secret would be out. There's no way Sara can hide it when he's in danger; no way in hell. There's no way to hide feelings that strong for someone when they're hurt and/or in danger. So I think that if he were to be hurt or something on the show, she would flip out and go all rawrrr. She'd hurt the S.O.B who hurt her man! I mean, we all saw her in that kick-dummy scene. Imagine what she could do if she really wanted to hurt someone. I wouldn't mess with 'er...And I think after watching her kill that dummy, Grissom wouldn't either. Hah. The look on his face was priceless.

2. angeldreams

angeldreams Witness

I have to repeat since I really want to know.

Oh, I read somewhere that in the famous scene where Sara ask since Grissom was intrested in beauty and he says "Since I met you" that WP just adlibbed it. True, can anyone tell me about that?

The Greg/sara Scene I saw it totally different. A friend reaching out to a friend.

Same with the hospital scene, didn't see any lingering if hand.

And yes, I am a GSR shipper. :lol: Just incase you were confused.

3. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

It's true. Zigs, I'm proud you finally had the courage to come out with it :p

I already answered that on this page. I said:
    Hope that helps.

4. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Sarah, I hate you.

Damnit, I am at NO STAGE. All I meant was that he looked good as in like, the opposite of bad. Not like SEXY good. Just that I didn't want to vomit at the mere sight of him good. Hmph.

I TOLD you, I washed and febreezed those damn pillows. And it doesn't matter, cause Google is the best search kitten on the planet.

Anyway, I am out of town until Sunday, so I may not be able to get on much.. *tragic face* But my GOD, was that episode squeealicious. The more I think about it, the more I love it. That was the exact right amount of GSR for me.. and had it been before the canon revelation, it wouldn't have been any different from their standard flirting-which I really, really love. I totally missed the lingering fingers thing, so I'll have to watch extra close for it when I rewatch the episode with the boyfriend when we get home.

To be absolutely honest, all summer I'd been kinda bored with GSR.. the whole "Yeah, well, it's canon, where else can we go with the ship?" But that episode was just so refreshing and fantastic that I am totally feeling rejuvenated in my GSR loving ways. For the first time in a while, I'm REALLY looking forward to the next episode- this was the CSI, and the GSR dynamic, that I missed :D

I now must scrounge food and go back to my dog-laden bed (btw, SARAH, Marty hasn't humped anything since I've been here, so THERE.)

Oh! One thing?

<Teri Hatcher voice>
    Superman grabbed my boob!
    </TH>

5. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

Whoops *sheepish look* - sorry! :(

I thought I just saw a reference to it in passing - then again I was attempting to scan rad 20+ pages in v.little time so... More Apologies. I get confused as to what is and what isn't a spoiler as technically everything season 7 is a spoiler to me. So, when I read stuff here I just presume it's out there and I've just not seen it yet. I'll promise to be more careful in future. Brownie Guide promise!

Personally though, I'm against the whole possibility. I mean, I often eat my tea while watching CSI... ;)

6. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

Ahh! Fannysmackin was so good.
    I love all the little bits of interaction and backstory that we're getting this season. This looks to be the most promising season of C.S.I ever!

Now, the GSR this season has been wonderful. Enough to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside while trying to figure out whodunit.

My threadname contribution:

Veggie Burger: Cuz he knows what she likes.

Edited because I can't type.

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Dayna, darling, if you're so bored, you could try deleting some of the posts in your box or come on MSN so I can help. lol.

Adzix and I are SO proud of you, young lady.

I agree with Ziggy - more than my concerns about GSR being too much or others not liking it or whatever else, I think that it was really that the fun, almost electric, sort of "did I see that?" quality was gone from the just plain "sweet" scenes.

And it's because it felt like "And now enter Grissom".

We didn't expect him to come into that scene, and it just felt like the GSR scenes used to feel - like you're watching a train derail. In the best possible way.

Much more messy and much more spontaneous.

8. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Haha.. I finally remembered what I was going to post like, two days ago.. well I guess one, but anyway..

I noticed at the end of the Fannysmackin' episode, when everyone was in the locker-room discussing the case, Sara was sticking up for the parents mid-conversation. I think it was because she felt that Warrick and Nick were saying that the kids are mirror-images of their parents, and Sara didn't like that. She rolls her eyes when she says 'your parents are on drugs', and I think there was a meaning in between the lines, as in, refering to her mother being put in a mental hospital, and being on anti-psychotics.

I think she was trying to say that it isn't the parents fault, because her parents weren't great, and she isn't in all the stuff the gang was. So basically, the parents could have been perfect, and it was all the child's decision.

Then Grissom speaks, and says 'The truth is, a moral compass can only point you in the right direction, but it can't make you go there', (at this point I think that Grissom is sticking up for Sara : ).) Then the camera turns to Sara, and shows her thinking about his words, so I'm thinking that Sara's childhood started out well, and she was pointed in the right direction, but then stuff happened between her parents, and her life fell apart, but she's fine, because it was her choice. Her moral compass pointed her in the right direction, and she decided to go there.

Maybe I'm over-analyzing the scene, but it could be a possibility.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

You were expecing it, don't lie.

10. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i didnt see the whole ep, only GSR parts, and the greg scene, if id saw the full thing, id probably choose the top option.

but off the clips id say 'Good, but I could've used a little more, like Grissom going, "Wait till later"'. i just wanted more, really, i wanted more affection or something.

and im put off the ep by the greg scene, as pathetic as it sounds. totally from a gsr perspective. the scene itself was sweet, its just i didnt like it.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, LOL. MWAHAHAHA, she's SO infected, lol. the best thing? she denyes it! HAHAHAHAHAH
    agreed. and it's so damn sweet when they do that. it's like they are preparing the whole audience (pro and anti GSR) for something BIGGER, like a kiss or another way of showing their feelings to each other. and it's clever.
    i agree. i wish we had sara's reaction to the bomb explosion in GrDa, when he almost got killed. the moment when she found out or something. i bet if GrDa was this season TPTB would show it.

and as much as i would hate to see something happening to Grissom, i'd like to see Sara's reaction to that. i mean, it's possible to kill two birds with one stone and make her THINK something happened to him, while in fact he would be ok. a kind of GrDa explosion plot.

also, i'd like to see it in the opposite way - Grissom worrying about Sara. i'm sure THAT would be interesting to see. especially what would others think about it.
    mhm, of course, of course.
    oh, don't worry it's ok ;) i totally understand. sarah told me it wasn't a spoiler anyway so it's all good.

on the poll i voted the second option, cuz while i really LOVED that scene, it is just what i hoped to hear from him. nevertheless, i am very pleased with it.

my thread titles:
    Kickass Couple
    We're Waiting For A Make-Out

and good ol'
    The One True Path to Shirtless Grissom

and zig, i'm proud of you *sob*

12. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

I really agree with britfan that the hair stroke from Sara on Greg was a sign of how far *she* has come emotionally. She is relaxed as a consequence of finding her love! :devil: :devil: :devil:

In real life, as opposed to TV life, someone you know hurt like greg does effect you and boundaries come down where you share sense of mortality, especially in their kindof job. Much like love, where you share a sense of the what it is like to be human rather than the day-to-day trappings of what is just a 'job' after all.

Nick's emotional reaction to Greg being hurt was stronger.

being with Grissom Sara is much more rounded emotionally so she available to help both Cath (in opening eps) and Greg.

I love how the GSR is so underplayed.

Did anyone notice *before* Grissom's sudden appearance at the end, the shot with Nick doing his shoe laces - just to the right of him you can see Grissom;s forearm and hand doing that finger twiddling thing! I did not see it until I replayed the scene to see where he came from!!!!

Great summary from Grissom too. Like in the end of Toe Tags.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On the poll, "I didn't care", this eppy featured Greg, as it should be, thy've all had thier "fame" eppys, now they need one specfically about Warrick!!! and the tender moment between him and Sara, was one of concern for a co-worker/friend, they've had some other shining moments, like 'Sherlock" "4x4" and others, he possibly has a little crush on her, BUT, she loves Grissom, and I thing he realized that by now!!! I'd do that for a friend in a crisis, doesn't mean I "want" them :( I love this ship, but there are other stars on this show as well~~~~

[​IMG]

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I do agree, that was Greg's night, however I really enjoyed the scene. So I went with option 1 - like I said, there had been something missing from the previous GSR scenes this season that they seem to have back on track.

In any case, I am unbelievably grateful that after the "WOAH" there came no "Nelly".

You could tell WP had to bite it back. And we thank you, sir.

15. jordan

jordan Rookie

OMFG, I just re-watched the episode on tape (this time with the challenge to not cry, which I did pretty well on) and I found something good!!! In the kick-dummy scene, when Sara asks Grissom if he's volentering(spelling?) she blows him a kiss! It's like one of those kisses where you don't use your hand, though. But I saw it and i was like "Wait, did she just blow him a kiss??!!" and then I watched it like 2 more times and was like "EEEEEEE!!!!" and I was like "Okay, I'm definatly going to tell everyone this."

And I'm sorry if someone already noticed this and I'm just telling you all something you've already heard. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.