Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeirOne

DeirOne Civilian

Sara was definitely aiming to ask him out then. She just couldn't find him alone.

What I really want to know for Season 7 was how Grissom went from "I couldn't do it " in Butterflied, to a full blown relationship. I need an explanation.

We have hints of them getting closer but this seems an awfully big progression and I am, for one, intrigued.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, I think the big theory, at least from my perspective, is that first hearing about Sara's life may have spurred him. This is relevant, and I'm sorry if it offends the other ship, and I'll obviously edit if it's deemed to, but I think Pirates showed that when Grissom likes someone, he kind of puts up the fantasy wall.

When Sara kept proving to him, again and again, that she wasn't just the student or the tape-me-up blanket girl, I think in a strange way, he loved her more. He wanted to know more about her. In the other case, I think that wall came down and he realized that that person wasn't at all who he thought she was.

So Nesting Dolls kind of broke down the last of the support beams. This was Sara - with her broken past and hard life, which explained even if it didn't excuse, her outbursts.

He freaked out a little, which is understandable. He backed off.

And then Committed happened, and I think he reached a point where he went "At some point it won't even be about her waiting for me or not, it'll be about her physically being there or not" and then I think Grave Danger sealed that.

So while it's possible they got "together" after Committed, I don't think anything that constitutes as a full-blown relationship could've come before Grave Danger.

The utterance of "I want my guys back", him finally embracing and feeling that sense of family Catherine talked about way back in Burden of Proof...

I think it opened his eyes.

So the Butterflied speech came at a time when he'd distanced himself as much as possible, and as far as he knew, Sara was fine. It was an ignorant stance, but I think we saw part of that wall being caved even at the end of Bloodlines, him realizing that she had a problem and he didn't want to aknowledge it when he first saw warning signs.

He doesn't have to be responsible for her, but he certainly started taking her very much as an extension of himself - her blowing up at Catherine was about him as a boss, not her as an employee, he seemed to find no fault in her actions in the nursing station, and defended her... on and on.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

hello everybody, its been a while. you guys are soo fast its really hard catching up with you!!! But I WILL. Thanks to bangkok iam now the proud owner of ALL Csi seasons including s6!! So by the end of the week i will , hopefully, know everything you know. Cant wait to see way to go. Iam soooo happy. Ok so back to normal. I hope their first on screen kiss to be passionate and romantic. Iam really eager to know when grs finally started, but i hope the writers dont mess this thing up by saying they have been together all the time cause that would be complete nonsense to me.

4. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Have you met the holy sexy that is Dean? Oh my. *drools* I've loved that guy for like. 15 years. No exaggeration. He was my first real crush (assuming Michaelangelo from the Ninja Turtles doesn't count- speaking of which, is everyone aware of the upcoming Turtles movie? Cause it's gonna RULE.)

In Sarah's poll of ultimate polliness I voted "PICTURES". Cause I love pictures. I want to see them and love them and hang them on my wall next to my "365 Days of Kittens" calendar. What starts a day off better than kittens and GSR? NOTHING.

So I thought the premiere was next Thursday. Then I realised it's 2 Thursdays, and my soul wonders just how much "Celebrity Duets" it can take. I need my CSI, dudes. I need my GSR. As sustaining as my LC obsession is, I wanna see some Geeklove and I'm getting SERIOUSLY excited. *gnaws nails and rocks back and forth*

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

heeey everybodah :D i'm already in the US and other than flight delays nothing bad happened to me. so i'm writing from my beloved dorm room :D

i also can't wait for the interview in TV Guide and since i'm in the US, i can finally buy one! maybe they're gonna ask one of my questions?? ha! now that would be more than awesome!

i just can't wait to see some pics of them hugging/kissing/looking at each other ... ohhhhhhhhhh, that would INDEED make an avatar heaven. i'd give everything for a picture like this or this (they wouldn't have to smile so broadely, just be that close).

ETA:
    believe it or not, he was my first real crush too!!

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

As was he one of mine. The first, of course, was Wil Wheaton. Bite me. And then Commander Ryker. Yes, I was a Star Trek baby. Bite me encore.

As for the pictures, I doubt they're going to do an in-character spread if they do one at all. Not to get your hopes down, Adzix. lol. I just mean that they're much more likely to do a cover photo like the one a couple years ago, with Sara, Grissom, Greg and Doc all kind of "family portrait".

They may, however, show some screen caps from upcoming episodes - which will definitely be cool.

7. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

OBviously Commander RIker couldn't have been one of you first crushes if you can't spell his name right. *haughty face*

And don't be such a raining cloud of pessimism (although I bet Tofino would really appreciate a little rain). Maybe there's some TV Guide photographer sitting in his studio going "You know what would really be perfect for this new CSI article? Shots of Grissom and Sara.. in character.. engaged in various domestic activities! I can see it now! We'll have them snuggling in front of the TV... stealing a kiss while washing the dishes together.. it'll be the best darn TV Guide photoshoot ever!"

8. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

i voted for the shot of our geeks, that's enough for me, the real action has to happen in the episodes itself!! :p
    and when i say action, i mean kissing, defenitely kissing! :devil: and if they are not ready to add a kiss, then i wan't quotes, sweet words to eachother, or at least something that makes clear they are in a relationship!! :devil: :devil: :devil: (guess that's what we all want, but well, saying it again can't do any wrong ;))

9. angeldreams

angeldreams Witness

I've never seen the "Honey" comment. I want to though. Only seen the cut versions. Why cut it? To not feed the GSR's I guess.

Yes, I met him. I was on broadway watching a play and after I saw him outside. He had also been in the audience. He was so nice posing for pics and signing auto. He even signed "Great to meet you" over the auto when he heard I was from Sweden. Really a sweet guy. He made my friend's day. She was the big Lois and Clark fan.

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

... *faints* like i mean it *seriously faints* that would be just ...... O. M. G. !!! my life would be almost completed, i would never stop staring at those pictures and i'd buy every single TV Guide in my Walmart.

oh, and zigs, your avatar - is a killer.

gotta think about something. let me see. hmmm. poll time?

11. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Okay, that was confusing. I went to vote in the poll and it was all "You havent voted for anything!" then I went to post a reply and it was like "The post you are replying to has been deleted" - SO CONFUSING. But I see you have changed the poll from a single vote to a multiple vote, which makes me happy.

SO

I voted for 4, 5, and 6. I think that sounds like GSR to me ;)

12. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Yep, me too - 5 and 6. They're far too professional at work to let anything slip. They (and I!) want looks, smiles and hands on shoulders in the lab... and as another poster, can't remember who said, out of the lab we want 'hot monkey sex!' :devil:! But I guess that won't ever happen so any interation out of the lab will be greatly appreciated! Thank you! :lol:

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yes, i want to apologize. i couldn't edit it without deleting and i wanted to change how many answers you can vote for. i thought that choosing only one option is not enough, so i posted it again with this modification. i'm really sorry if i confused you theatre, or anybody else.

14. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

I think we'll have eye-sex, and that'll be lovely! :)

I keep thinking of new ideas for how the team would find out about their relationship...

What if someone blackmailed Gris and Sara by sending incriminating evidence to Ecklie (eg: Pics of the couple) in an attempt to get Grissom off a case requiring entymology knowledge? I think it'd be interesting... There's always the "Sara gets hurt" episode idea, which I have in my head. It's really depressing, and would be part of a serial rapist/killer arc. Yes, I think in screenplays. It's really bizarre sometimes. It drives Matt nuts when we're at the movies and I start correctly predicting plot points and even lines of dialogue... lol!

And, of course, there's always the "CSI's find out at the end of a super silly episode" idea... I have so many ideas, and I'm just so curious to see how the writers and producers plan to take it! Will it be amusing? Will it be heartbreaking? Will there be anger, screams exchanged? I don't know... I may have to write a screenplay idea for it... lol.

I have an idea in my head for an episode of CSI... not exactly a fanfic, because it would be kept in screenplay style, but I may write it just for fun. I do need to get an idea of how many breaks CSI has, etc, to write it... but it's been in my head a while. And don't worry, there's a little GSR in there. :) GSR is canon. It is necessary. :)

15. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Re: Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Coo

Unless they were pics of Grissom and Sara making out or having sex or whatever, I don't think Ecklie would be phased about seeing them together. I mean, they work together and they're obviously close, Ecklie would be like "Yeah, so what, they hung out? Big deal". If they did however have pics of Grissom and Sara making out and/or having sex, though, they should send them to us, not Ecklie. *cough*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.