!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
The symmetry is almost worrying... in that sense, Grissom and Sara are becoming (well, always have been) mirrors of each other to an extent. It reminds me of "Life is a Dream." It's a Spanish play (Grandmother is from Spain), and there are two characters, one male and one female, who greatly resemble each other. The male at one point even notes that she is his mirror... and they don't end up together! I don't want that for GSR!

I just hope that the mirror effect with deaddaddybugman serves to bring them closer...I mean, I know he's telling Cath, but I hope he's already told Sara. ;)

BTW: Angelsall.com has their early review up for Still Life if anyone is interested! :)

forensicsgirl, your comic is (i would say "genius" but i'm not sure thats the right spelling...) brilliant. i love it. alot alot :)

spoil oh no

i had fun reading all these spoilers! i'm excited for tonight, and i thought id give my own input. i love what tptb are doing. you know, when i was in a band class (i have a point i promise) i was playing, and the song starts off slow and dreary, not much happening. but then, sparks start to fly in the middle, and there is this giant buildup of energy, and it explodes. and its so beautiful at then end.

my point (and i do have one) is that all their pent-up energy they have been surpessing for the past 6/7 years might take a while to reach a height, but once it does its beautiful. i dont mind what tptb do as long as they are aware i will kick them if they don't make the end (of this season) beautiful too.

sorry for the long post but i had a while to think about this, the endocrine system=boring

Are you talking about Calderón de la Barca's play? Are you comparing Segismundo and Rosaura with Grissom and Sara?
I read the play many times and I never thought about that...

The concept of the play is that life is too short and the freedom versus destiny. It's a paly about, love, betrayal, knowledge and power.

It's a really good play.

Alyssa, if you like spanish plays, there is one i think you'll like it. It's an Alejandro Casona's "La Dama del Alba" ("The Lady at dawn" or something like that). It's a very very good play.

So, on tonites eppy "Still Life" is Grissom supposedly telling Cath some secret- or should I just wait-

gs_s.jpg

forensicsgirl, your comic is (i would say "genius" but i'm not sure thats the right spelling...) brilliant. i love it. alot alot

You can say that... sure, "genius" is fine *head swells* Yeah, i have no problem with that description *head swells some more* :p :lol:

Anyway, before my head gets so big i can't fit through my front door...

Possible Spoilers
>
>
>
>

I am excited to here about tonights ep guys. I'm relying on y'all to fill me in if we get any G/S interaction (although, since mystery isn't aware of any G/S scenes, I'm not holding out too much hope...)

ETA: Forgot to mention - CSI_mania - LOVE love LOVE the avis - very nice :)

And Alyssa, as ever, I love reading your analysis - film students rock! :D

The symmetry is almost worrying... in that sense, Grissom and Sara are becoming (well, always have been) mirrors of each other to an extent. It reminds me of "Life is a Dream." It's a Spanish play (Grandmother is from Spain), and there are two characters, one male and one female, who greatly resemble each other. The male at one point even notes that she is his mirror... and they don't end up together! I don't want that for GSR!

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
Yeah, I've watched that play a little. Life is definitely a dream, and dream always has an end.....Sometimes seeing other people's life can reflect ourselves....Maybe Grissom knows that life wasn't mean to him, not everyone has a perfect childhood. Sara made him realised that he was already lucky enough. :)

forensicsgirl, if I don't stop saying "C" word this time, you can punch me :lol:

Exactly M4xw311! And thank you for the recommendation! :)

I've been in GSR lala land lately, and I'm not sure why. I keep thinking about tonight's ep....

SPOILAGE
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
And as it's the last ep before a big break, I'd love to have a little GSR... the review over at Angelsall said nothing about any, so I'm not expecting any, but I'm hoping there'll be something there. :) Just a little Christmas mention, maybe... teehee!
!
!
END SPOILAGE

I'm so childish sometimes, and I really don't mind. That's what I get for growing up too fast... I keep trying to figure out why I'm so fixated with relationships on television when I don't like to read about them in books, or write about them when I write things... There's just something about the way television works, and GSR just speaks to me! Don't you guys LOVE it?

I keep thinking about what it is that I really love about GSR, and I love the subtelty (did I even spell that right?)... I love that it's not always entirely overt, that it's more about subtext than actual text. I love that the smallest smile or glance could have so many meanings. Despite my distaste for the semiotics I've had to do in class lately, I love how it's reminded me about how much I love to analyze! :) I love analyzing GSR!

What do you love most about GSR?

I can't really put my finger on what I love most about them- they just click. I just love the idea of GSR. They would be the best couple- evenly matched.

hello everyone! I am new to the this group and fairly new to GSR. I just got into a few months ago when I started watching re-runs and now I am hooked! I've been catching up by watching all of the previous seasons. I must say, I a just finished with Proof of Burden and it was great. The new episodes seem to lack in any real GSR (very dissappointing!!!) There is something about them as a couple that just seems right. Watching them flirt is one of lifes little pleasures! Plus, Grissom is an extremely sexy and mysterious man!

Welcome GSRnewby glad to have you join this fun GSR family. Make yourself at home and as you can probably see we love to discuss all the possiblities.

SPOILER

Well I just finished watching Still Life and again pretty much a show that revolves around everyone equally. I didn't notice Grissom and Sara even in a room together. I still loved getting the scene with Grissom talking about his father though. To me though he really wasn't talking to Catherine, he was more talking to himself. She looked like she was just ready to leave the room during his talking. I think she was a little shocked he talked at all though. All in all a good episode. It's very early yet and we still have 14 episodes to go so maybe we will get our GSR yet. :D

Welcome GSRnewby! You are in a happy place of GSR lovers! :)

SPOILAGE
!
!
!
!
!
!
Still Life had no GSR, and I can deal because it was a well-rounded ep... I won't post all my thoughts about that here... I already posted them on another board, and it would only bore you...

Anyways, I am a bit nervous because word is out there that a Lady Heather ep is in the works, and if we don't have any clear signs of GSR before that ep airs, I may pull out all my hair... Lady Heather and Grissom have chemistry, I acknowledge it, and I hope they establish before he sees her again that he is all about the Sara. (Yes, I wrote "the Sara.")

END SPOILAGE

Anyways, I'm just hoping for some real GSR soon... I've been aching (for some bacon... ok... sorry, pulling out of little kid version of me) for some real GSR this season, and I acknowledge that the clearest signs often take a while into the season (Butterflied, Snakes), but we're approaching that mark. Usually around 12-14 we get something good... We just had episode 10, so I'm hoping that we get something nice and juicy to chew on soon... :)

EDIT:

EEE! ricker23 over at YTDaW just added this to the TVguide's A-Z's. Bolding was hers...

Z - Zamboni:
The gliding boxlike machines that clean andsmooth ice-skating rinks. In Season 2's "Primum Non Nocere," one Zamboni hold a key piece of evidence in the death of a hockey player. Ever the hopeless romantic, Grissom opines in an intimate moment with Sara: "There are three things people love to stare at: a rippling stream, a sunset, and a Zamboni going around and around." Sigh...

I agree, they are just a perfect couple. She complements him and he her- not to sound cliche- but they sort of complete each other. I like the subtle ways you can sense the love between them and I definately agree that TV makes it all the more fun to analyze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back