Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Status
Not open for further replies.
emotional Grissom...
who can better handle that than David Rambo!
I am excited about this ep even without the GD scene.
Butterflied was my favorite and there was hardly any GS scene.

And my contribution to christmas presents:
what about a nice necklace gift from Grissom to Sara?

Yeah, as I said before it seems to me that when it comes to GSR, Rambo (unlike the other writers) likes to focus on Grissom rather than Sara. Without Rambo, to be honest, the GSR would look a lot more Sara one-sided than it is now.

Now, on to the Mystery spoiler - considering that she debunked the GD missing scene, rather than saying, "no, it's not GSR related" I think bodes well, but one never knows...

And the protecting the GSR's thing makes sense as well. After all, even with the complete confession in Butterflied, it was supposed to go much further.

If it is GSR related, though, I can't see them scrapping it because with the missing scene there really hasn't been any obvious-obvious GSR in a while. If we don't get anything, I believe that might bode well for a return on that scene.

I've rambled... but I'm crossing my fingers, so...

I'm just trying not to psych myself out because of the rather large disappointment that was GD.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

found this in CSI-playing with fire page for still life ep.
Interesting but I'm not sure what to make of it..:

"Where’s Grissom? Well, there’s a snippet describing Grissom as staring, mesmerized, by a photo of Jesse. His special preoccupation with crimes against children is mentioned. But then, that’s about it. I don’t have any other scenes for him...maybe he’s just in the background on this one."-Alison

any ideas?
it seems to me he 'll be too self-focused on this case

Hey, haven´t been on for like 2 days and i had to read to pages!Lol

Ok on the still life stuff...oh yeah ....
SpOILERS
(not really but it is about the next ep)
I think that whatever happens, if grissom has an emotional-side it´s cool! I love it when he gets emotional cos it hardly ever happens...obviously if sara happens to comfort him, it would be great...but i am trying not to get my hopes up so that i am not dissapointed!

Love all your christmas pics!

SPOILERS - SERIOUSLY, *SPOILERS*

Someone also mentioned on YTDAW that there was a link showing a *little* bit of "Still Life" that had Grissom telling some personal things to Catherine. The link was on Talk CSI, but removed again because it linked to an illegal download of an episode that hadn't even aired yet.

If this information is accurate (and it might not be; consider yourselves warned), I think it's rather nice that he'd be telling Catherine. *Yes*, he's meant to be with Sara, and we all know that, but Cath has been his friend for a very long time and it makes sense that if he were to open up about something he hadn't talked about before, it would be with her. A, we've seen before that Grissom lets down walls for Cath that he hasn't breached for anyone else yet, B, she knows him better than almost anyone, and C, because there's no romantic feelings there he wouldn't worry so much about her judging him.

I think it's pretty normal to tell a friend something you haven't been able to tell your S.O. yet, because a friend would be caring and supportive but you don't have so much invested in the response.

Anyways, the upshot of all that is if the scene is real and Grissom and Catherine have a heart-to-heart, that isn't a threat to GSR. (Just in case anyone heard of this and was sending evil vibes Catherine's way!!)

SPOILERS speculation

i think thats a good thing for grissom to have a heart to heart with cath: youre right she is his best friend and he talk easier with ehr than everybody and considering the story hes gonna tell her about his life, i prefer him to tell that to cath instead of sara: sara got his own painful story so i think he dont want her to hold his painful childhood on her shoulders...... sorry little bit confusing tonight

SPOILERS - SERIOUSLY, *SPOILERS*

Someone also mentioned on YTDAW that there was a link showing a *little* bit of "Still Life" that had Grissom telling some personal things to Catherine. If this information is accurate (and it might not be; consider yourselves warned), I think it's rather nice that he'd be telling Catherine. *Yes*, he's meant to be with Sara, and we all know that, but Cath has been his friend for a very long time and it makes sense that if he were to open up about something he hadn't talked about before, it would be with her. A, we've seen before that Grissom lets down walls for Cath that he hasn't breached for anyone else yet, B, she knows him better than almost anyone, and C, because there's no romantic feelings there he wouldn't worry so much about her judging him.

I think it's pretty normal to tell a friend something you haven't been able to tell your S.O. yet, because a friend would be caring and supportive but you don't have so much invested in the response.

STILL SPOILERS AND PURE SPECULATION!

I read that too and I have to say that I agree with it, and do not consider Grissom's conversation with Cath (that is if it's true) to be a threat to GSR. Like you said, it's completely natural and easier to share things with someone who is just a friend, rather than someone you are emotionally involved with.

I read something long time ago and even though it may seem completely obvious, it is also very true (as I've myself realised that many times)

In front of the person you love, you can't say
everything on your mind. But in front of the person
you like, you can.

You can never show who you truly are in front of someone you love, because there are always things you'd rather keep to yourself and wouldn't necessarily want your beloved to know. And let's remember it's Grissom. It's hard enough for him to open up to people as it is!

And perhaps by telling Catherine some things about his past, he allows himself to loosen up in that regard, trying to prepare himself for sharing his life with the one he truly wants to be with!

In front of the person you love, you tend to get
shy. But in front of the person you like, you can
show your own self.

Again, does Grissom get shy in front of Sara? Need I answer?

When the one you love is crying, you cry with
them. But when the one you like is crying, you end
up comforting.

Does that need explanation too?

all this is so confusing. why cant it be simple like girl+boy= love? i love rambo, and i feel good about this ep. hes never let us down before.

spoil maybe

i also feel good about lack of spoilers. we're not getting our hopes up for something huge, but keeping them high enough for some interaction or at least a conversation. as for catherine, as much as i love her, i dont see her as a much more than a friend. i know personally i tell my friends that i'm close with everything. i think grissom is friendly with catherine. and in love with sara.

oh the lives we lead.

all this is so confusing. why cant it be simple like girl+boy= love?

Because this is what it's like in life too - love is complicated. Relationships are hard. This is why I'm single :lol: (well, that and the fact that Jorja Fox hasn't met me yet :p ;) )

Spoiler Speculation
>
>
>
>
>

Well, I for one am VERY excited to see emotional Grissom - I LOVE it when the tin man shows that he has a heart (and we all know that he does, it's just that, occasionally, he likes to hide that fact from the rest of the world...) And we know that David Rambo scripts are EXTREMELY good at getting emotion from Grissom - Butterflied anyone? the shock on his face in 4x4? The various emotions (amusement, confusion, longing) that he went through in Swap Meet? So, I'm fairly confident that whatever we get in SL, whether it's through dialogue or through a silent performace from WP, we're gonna get Grissom Gold...

As for visible GSR, at this point, who knows... If we get some - WOOT WOOT - If we don't, getting emotional Grissom will be just as good, so I won't fret too much. And Grissom becoming more open with his emotions can only be a good thing as far as his relationship with Sara is concerned...

ETA; Just got the skinny on the big Grissom backstory revelation and it's really really sad :( This is from Gibby at YTDAW

SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
>
<font color="blue">Grissom and Catherine discuss an anti-psychotic.

Grissom says that after his dad died (he was nine), his mom would get the dad a present every Christmas, put it under the tree, and Christmas morning, the wrapping paper would be all crumpled and the sweater or tie would be hanging in their closet.

Grissom's dad was a botanist.

Papa G came home from school one day and laid down on the couch while Lil' G was watching TV and when his mom came in with cold drinks, she couldn't wake him up.

Meta line: "No one ever told me why."

Catherine is looking really uncomfortable throughout this exchange. Sympathetic, of course, but very uncomfortable.

Gibby also comments on the symmetry this gives to Grissom and Sara - both witnessed/were present when their father's died...
</font>

yay! i am so intimidated by people who can actually draw. i draw sticks. not stick figures. just sticks.

i started drawing in my notebooks DR for david rambo. i'm obsessed :) and i like it

MsDee- I agree- Cath has been is friend/co-worker and remember when she asks him "are you in denial" :eek: and then was smiling while he called and ordered Sara that plant-hopefully he'll ask her advice on this "hot subject"- lets hope so ;)

I was under the impression that Grissom's Dad had abandoned the family. :confused: Wasn't that in some previous episode and that's the reason why Grissom is so closed off to his emotions and won't let Sara get too close for fear of being desserted again by someone he loves? :(

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

:( now I see why this (probably among other things) will be one of the most talked episodes in this season! It looks like we will be definitely getting more of Grissom and his backstory this year, which I'm really, really looking forward to! And what a start!

And now it makes me really annoyed why would Grissom confess this to Catherine! Although I stand by all what I said earlier about maybe Cath being an easier person to talk to. The symmetry here is indeed almost startling. mystery said that it would have made more sense if Grissom had said all of this to Sara, and I do agree.

However, a burden like this must have been eating him all his life, and being able to say it out loud to someone must have been some sort of relief, maybe comfort, but let's be assured, not the understanding he would have only gained from Sara. So really, the fact that he said this to Cath doesn't have to mean anything. And we don't really know the context of this, nor the episode details!

To me, it seems to me, that at the end, Grissom will realise that there is only one person that he can turn to and he will do just that! TPTB would not put in such a significant scene (adjustng the info we've so far had on Grissom's past in a BIG way!), making it almost parallel to Sara's and not make it about GSR!!!

I'm ranting now. Need to calm down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back