Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

Way before BOP there are hints that other people are in on what's going on between Grissom and Sara. Very first one, I think is "I love my work--it shows", Catherine of course, in C and B. Also, in 35K obo, for instance, Warrick tells Sara "you just don't like other women in his life".

LadySara you'll get me into trouble. It was really a stupid joke, just thought that Grissom probably has a "not-so-soft" spot for Sara as well. ;) :devil:

2. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Hmmm..love that though. And you pulled us all back into the gutter with that simple comment. Forensicsgirl can shoot me with the water pistol Grissly. :D

You made some really great points though. It was brought out well before BOP. So, in theory, I think when it comes out finally they are a couple/item noone will be surprised. Matter of fact they will probably be like all of us. Thank goodness, finally they are together.

3. grisslybear

Yeah I bet they'd all be "it was about time". Well except Greg, maybe, probably he won't be all happy, and Sofia, of course...Maybe others...Sara has had her fair share of admirers in that lab over the years.

BTW, glad I was able to push you back in the gutter a little bit. Really, why is it so quiet here these days?

4. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

OT: I think all the quiet is because people have been busy over this Thanksgiving weekend and the thought of Christmas coming up is in alot of people's minds.

Yeah...Greg and Sophia might be a little crushed over Grissom and Sara but if they could get away with it...I think the rest of the team would havea little celebration party for them after work to congratulate them on their happiness. :D I am dreaming huh?

5. grisslybear

Now that would be cute. Maybe a surprise party...

So, Grissom and Sara think that they are pretty good at hiding their relationship and that noone knows. In fact, everyone is aware that they're doing it...erm...that they are a couple now.

One day they throw a surprise "congratulations" party and shock the hell out of them. Heck, they could even buy them gifts, like thongs and stuff, maybe a Kama Sutra...OK I'll stop here before this gets too outrageous :D

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. Coughs... awkward silence.

Anyway - I guess that's enough about the triangle scene. Because we can debate it until the sun comes up again, but in the end until we find out where GSR stands in relation to that scene we'll never really know the truth of what was going on.

I do wish the writers would just get on with it. What really bothers me is this: if the Gum Drops scene HAD aired, would that mean that they would be amping up the GSR hinting, or have the rest of the scripts that were already written gone untouched? In which case, would certain GSR scenes since (aka pretty much just a bullet runs through it) make more sense in context?

And then there's the soon-to-come 'Sara stays cool while the blonde one gets pissed' scene.

To be honest, I don't mind a little bit of angsty girl-fighting. Sara's waited six years and she's not about to let someone else grab him now that he's back on track with life/work, etc.

I just don't want it to get Jerry, and they are skirting the Jerry line if they do one too many "oh no you didn't" scenes. (ex: The Blonde One saying that Sara has no friends outside the lab)

But before I change my mind for the umpteenth time, here is my guess as to where Sara and Grissom stand:

The Nick thing changed everyone, so Grissom is learning that he cares more for his team than he thought he did, between Nick's capture and the team breaking up, etc. Sara almost lost a friend, and realizes how much she's cut off from other people. So I don't think (because the GD scene did NOT air) that they are 'sleeping together', but I do think that this new perspective they both have (coupled with the fact that Grissom's hearing and Sara's abuse problems is no longer on the table) has caused them to go back to the flirty almost-there ways of the first season. So I suppose what I'm trying to say is that it's possible they have begun something, but that it's not a fully-fledged relationship, maybe just a flirting tango thing that's escalated a little bit (perhaps to an after-shift meal thing) because while Sara's reaction (and some of her comments, like in bite me) has that spidey-sense of someone who is fixed on someone else, but yet not confident enough to place a label on it, which causes unease.

7. grisslybear

ITA about the Gum Drops scenes, Sarahvma. Mystery at YTDAW mentioned that the absence of those scenes probably took everything out of context. I am sure people would be more symphatetic towards Sara in that office scene if Gum Drops had aired the way it was supposed to.

I don't mind Sara making sure that someone else doesn't interfere with her relationship--she definitely should. What I wouldn't like is for them to show Grissom having the slightest, tiniest bit of feeling or attraction toward "the blonde one". As long as it's not really a "triangle", it's fine by me.

The slight problem is that the hate of Sara-haters is fueled by all these Sara-the other one clash scenes, because we didn't get the big hint that they are together, and Sara just comes across as bitchy for no reason, which I don't like.

ETA (after seeing your edit): I really am not sure what stage they are in now. Had GD aired, that would have pretty much confirmed that they are in a full-fledged relationship. Given the little interaction we've seen so far, I think both scenarios could be true...The Bite Me scene, to me, was a very weird scene that could be interpreted in many ways...So I am not really sure...I am also wondering if they will keep their planned timeline for the season intact...So, if they were supposed to be in a relationship at this point, are they now? And if there are other developments coming (like this being found out by Ecklie, causing trouble for Grissom), will that be affected? If they are keeping the timeline intact and still want to air the motel scene, then it should be coming pretty soon, right?

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

9. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

SPOILER (future events)

I would think that if they plan to reair the motel/bedroon scene that it would air sometime in the near future. I am still wondering what this whole Lady Heather returning somewhere between Jan/Feb is going to play in Grissom and Sara's world. It could go two ways. It could help their relationship if Lady Heather picks up on the fact that Grissom is in love with Sara. Or it could cause angst. Torn about that whole situation.

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'll bet that the Lady Heather episode will pertain to another murder in her "house'' :eek: and they go back to investigate-and I'll probably be strained between them-she doesn't trust him anmore- because he let her down- so I'm just assuming- :rolleyes:time will tell

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/ariesfire13/frontpic1.jpg

11. 9dots4lines

9dots4lines Lab Technician

OT: I really dislike Christmas music. I will until about a week before it. And snow. Which brings me to the fact that I bought 'Cold Burn' yesterday (and finished it not too long ago).

I don't really have an opinion formed about Lady Heather yet, probably because I only saw one episode with her- 'Slaves of Las Vegas'. Well, I did see some of the other, but only with Catherine and her worrying about Lindsey.

And I have realized that we should be glad that we have two great people playing Sara and Grissom. Why should we? Because, possibly, if we had any other people playing them, it wouldn't come out as it would on the screen. I do believe JF said that she didn't want there to be flirting in the 'Pin Me Down' scene... I could be wrong (if I am, someone correct me!).

12. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

No, you were right Jorja Fox stated that..matter of fact both actors though that scene would not be appropriate to flirt in because of the seriousness of the case. Yes, we are lucky to have such wonderful actors portraying Grissom and Sara. They bring a subtle yet wonderful amount of spark between Sara and Grissom without saying many words. That takes talent. :D

13. grisslybear

Yeah I think that scene was supposed to be much more obvious in terms of sexual tension. But although they didn't "flirt", that scene was still charged, as we all know. The "not flirting" probably even contributed to the sensuality of the scene.

I love how Grissom lowers his hands and says "like this" (his hand slightly brushes her arm, if you look closely). That move was totally uncalled for and unnecessary, and we know why Grissom did it :D

ETA: Also, if you notice, Grissom totally "sniffs" Sara in that scene.

14. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Grissly I love how you said Grissom totally "sniffs" Sara in that scene. My favorite part about watching the "pin me down" scene is if you watch closely, you can see Grissom's jaw working, he wants to kiss her so bad its killing him. I imagine he could smell her perfume if she wears any. If not he should know what brand soap she used. :D :devil:

15. 9dots4lines

9dots4lines Lab Technician

yes, I got it right! I got a clip the other day... it was the 'Pin Me Down' with commentary. So cool. And I did kinda notice that he sniffed her.

Somehow, I can get a line from "Bewitched" (the movie) out of my head: "They replaced Darren, and nobody noticed!" or something wicked close. This is just a hit-or-miss day for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.