Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Status
Not open for further replies.
season 5 was a very good gsr season, so much great scene, great dialogue, sara who told grissom that he is the reason why she moved to vegas..... :rolleyes: AHHHHHHHHHHHH just loved that season :D

I got a bit confused about that. Obviously she moved to Vegas because of him, I mean he asked her to come and didn't she stay because he asked her to stay? :confused:

OT: just bought the CSI:soundtrack CD :D love the Unbound song :p - totally sums up GSR ;)

I got a bit confused about that. Obviously she moved to Vegas because of him, I mean he asked her to come and didn't she stay because he asked her to stay? :confused:

OT: just bought the CSI:soundtrack CD :D love the Unbound song :p - totally sums up GSR ;)

well when griss asked her to move to vegas, she wasnt forced to move to vegas, if she did it, it supposed that she has already feeling for him :rolleyes: then when she moved to vegas and finished working the holly case, she could comeback to san francisco but she didnt so...... then if grissom asked her to stay she could say no and go away but she didnt ;) hummm i think its a little confused :confused:sorry if it is :(

Sara came to Vegas for a short-term investigation into the death of Holly Gribbs because Grissom wanted someone outside of the team to conduct the investigation. Holly Gribbs had joined the graveyard team when they were short on help, so when she died, they were again short on help. Grissom then asked Sara to stay on, and she basically uprooted her life in California without a second thought. I think it pleased her that she was "hand picked" by Grissom to be on his team....

She persued him a few seasons, then gave up somewhere between seasons 4 and 5 I think. She told him in "Snakes "(5x12) that he was the reason she came to Vegas... I'm not sure why, but I think she just wanted it out there, and considering all that she overheard in "Butterflied" (season 4), I guess she wanted to even up the playing field. Now the ball is in Grissom's court, but so far he just glares in her direction.

Now, if "Gum Drops" (6x05) had aired the way it was originally intended (and the reasons that it didn't are completely understandable!), we would have seen Grissom taking a bit of initiative. I mean, he freakin' went to her room to spend the night. That's a step in the right direction! So, I still have hope that this season will have something anvilicious from Grissom, reminiscent of any of Sara's former efforts... if he asked her to dinner (and I'm sure it'd be cute), I'd melt. If we found out they were already involved, I'd be happy so long as it was obvious Grissom was working for it... I'm not too picky about how I get my GSR fix, just so long as it's not an X-File-esque ending with it all coming together just in time for the credits to run. That's just a bit irksome and annoying.

The "Gum Drops" dropped scenes show some initiative and intention on the part of the writers and producers, and I am all for that, so long as they don't screw it up, which is a lot to ask of ANY controllers of a show's fate. This is another reason I love Sarah Goldfinger and David Rambo, both great writers who have the ability to write scripts that radiate GSR without anything overtly "shippy" having to occur. "Swap Meet" and "Committed" were two of the best GSR eps of the season. Sure, "Snakes" and "Nesting Dolls" were a bit more overt, but I'm a sucker for subtlety, too. :) If we get a good balance this season, I'll celebrate. :)

Sorry for the rant. I haven't posted much of late, so I guess it's been building up.

Hey gang, sorry I haven't been around much these past few days - well, I have been around, i just haven't been posting. Been working like a dog and am dog tired... *yawns loudly*

Wordy-McWord to you Alyssa - I LOVE subtle geek love. We don't need no stinkin soap opera round these parts. All we need is a Sara Smile flashed in the direction of a certain entomolgist, preferably have it reciprocated (I love it when Gris smiles at her :) *swoons* ) a bit of handholding now and then and we're as happy as a pig in a blanket watched over by two geeks :D

I had an idea about a scene I would love to see and it would totally work in the subtle 'their together but we're not going to show it' kind of way... It would work best if Sara and Grissom weren't working on the same case.

GRISSOM & SARA are in his office, talking quietly and smiling. CATHERINE walks in just as Sara's getting ready to leave.

SARA: Okay, well I'll see you later.

GRISSOM: Absolutely.

SARA: (Smiling at Cath) Hey.

CATH: Hey.

(Sara leaves. Catherine sits down and hands Grissom a report on their case she was carrying)

CATH: So, how's Sara's case going?

GRISSOM: Case?

*giggles* Catherine would frown, a little confused that Grissom and Sara weren't talking about a case, but the scene would move on and they'd just start talking about the case they're working on. But we'd be all "They were talking about their date later on!!!" :D

If that made no sense whatsoever, I apologise. Am very tired... :)

Awww, that's cute! And the best part is, I can so see this as a totally angst-free scene!

She could be sitting on his desk, leaning towards him, talking and laughing in flirty manner, and he'd be in his chair, listening and watching her, with a Wow-could-she-be-any-more-wonderful-and-lovely kind of look... :devil:

Ok, here is my little scenario I came up with last week:

Grissom is getting ready to leave. His arms are weighed down with paperwork he plans to work on tonight. He walks to his office door, where he meets Sara.

Sara: Hey, just wanted to let you know we cleared the evidence on the Jodi Mitchell case. Should be a slam dunk.

Grissom: Thanks, Sara.

Sara turns to leave.

Grissom: Hey, Sara. What are you doing after work tonight?

Sara: Don't have any plans, probably just some reading.

Grissom: Oh, well, I was thinking if you were hungry, maybe we could-

Grissom trails off.

Sara: Are you asking me on a date?

Grissom: Yes.

Grissom looks up, fear in his eyes. Sara finally breaks into a smile.

Sara: Let me get my coat.

She takes off down the hall, while he runs back into his office, leaving his papers on the desk. Catherine walks in.

Cath: Hey, Grissom, Ecklie was wondering if you could stay late. He has a few things he wants to go over with us.

Grissom: Could you handle it?

Cath: Why, you have somewhere to be?

Grissom throws his jacket on.

Grissom: I have a date.

Cath: A date? With who?

Sara pops her head in the door.

Sara: Gris, I'm ready when you are. Oh, hey Cath!

Cath looks from Grissom back to Sara.

Cath: Hey, Sara.

Sara smiles towards Grissom.

Sara: I'll be out here.

She motions towards the hall, where she retreats. Cath looks at Grissom, who shrugs. He walks past Catherine, out the door. She follows him to the hall.

Grissom: So, you can handle Ecklie?

Cath: Sure.

Grissom smiles his gratitude, and he and Sara walk down the hall. Catherine watches them go, a mix of amazement and jealousy on her face.

Ahhh, Alyssa, I just had to SQUEEEEEE at this! Trust Grissom to say to Cath he has a date, only for Sara to pop in! :D Man, I can only imagine Catherine's face! :lol:

Alyssa, awesome scenario, now that is how I would love to see things play out on the show. Very subtle and possible. Cath's mouth would drop open knowing he actually had a date. Although she might not be totally surprised it's Sara. As a matter of fact I think she would be the first to be supportive toward them dating. She was in Burden of Proof. Gotta give her credit for the plant push. :D

Hmm, LadySara, good point about Catherine, although there is something that's been bugging me for some time...

Remember, when in previous threads we've talked about how Cath could be the catalyst in perhaps getting Grissom and Sara together? And, as I could quite possibly see it happening before, the idea now seems less and less probable to me.
What I'm trying to get at, is do you think that now, since Warrick has got married, Cath might feel that relationships between co-workers shouldn't work? Or be allowed for that matter?

I know that jealousy is a petty feeling, but do you think Cath would still be suportive of Grissom and Sara's relationship, as she perhaps would have been in previous season?

Aggie good question. I do think now that she has been sorta hurt by Warrick that she may be more hesitant to supporting Grissom and Sara in a relationship. But she still flirted with Warrick and him with her in Secret and Flies. I mean even though she made the comment Lover's and Co-workers never work in Bite Me, I think that was more talking about herself. Or maybe she was trying to warn Sara to be careful you can get hurt. I mean in some ways maybe that was Cath giving us a hint that Grissom and Sara are in a relationship. Sara quickly moved on with Cath made that statement.

I don´t know, I mean i don´t think cath would be as mean as to not help grissom out ....or not to support him on this!
Ohhh and those two scenes are great! Just the sort that could happen on csi and that would be really fun to watch.

Oh, no Cath would never do anything to hurt Grissom in any way! It's just that, I keep thinking about the last scene in "Nesting Dolls" and I still can't decipher her behaviour towards Sara. Ot Grissom, for that matter!

Yeah, Cath is hard to decipher sometimes but I think she would support Grissom and Sara in the end. At first I do think she may have a problem with the relationship though. Just for the fact she knows what that could mean for Grissom and his job.

I always love to think of Catherine as someone who supports their relationship--Burden of Proof was great, and Cath was always the one who was most aware of what's going on between Grissom and Sara ("I love my job--it shows" in the "tape me up" scene, her look at Sara in "Butterflied" when she said "when you see Grissom, will you tell him?").

The first two seasons' Catherine I can totally see as a catalyst for GSR. But then, she got more obsessed and greedy about work I would say, and I can't help but remember her remark "I loved your tough act" in Invisible Evidence. I think she might be feeling threatened that GRissom would favor Sara because of his feelings for her, this is also consistent with her behavior in ND. She wanted to get her fired, for God's sake...

I really hope this season (and so far it looks like it) she will be warmer toward Sara, which hopefully will mean that she will be more supportive of GSR if it happens (or should I say "now that it's happening"? :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back