Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strangely I am less and less worried about a romance between Grissom and Sofia. I think Sofia might make a move, because it's obvious that she has feelings for him. But all the hints we got this season were confirming, in my opinion, that Grissom is not interested in her.

And really, *if* Grissom ever hooks up with Sofia, or displays any sort of feeling or is even torn between the two women, that might be the day I jump off the GSR ship. I think it would really take away from his character to do something like that, when he has been a complete chicken about his feelings for Sara for 5 years...And I am done with seeing Sara hurt. So I hope TPTB won't continue giving Grissom the upper hand in the relationship by making him the center of a "triangle" between the two women.

I still think that there is something going on off screen.
But about his attitude towards Sofia, what if on their dinner Sofia was trying something, what if he knows that Sara felt hurt by his flirting with Sofia in 5 season (though he thought it had been meaningless)?? That would explain avoiding Sofia, especially when he is so close with Sara now.

I still think that there is something going on off screen.
But about his attitude towards Sofia, what if on their dinner Sofia was trying something, what if he knows that Sara felt hurt by his flirting with Sofia in 5 season (though he thought it had been meaningless)?? That would explain avoiding Sofia, especially when he is so close with Sara now.

Yes, I think his cold behavior toward Sofia might be a consequence of being together with Sara now. If they are together, they probably should have talked about Sofia at some point.

The counterpart of this, as I see it, is Greg. I've noticed that Sara is quite cold to Greg this season. Normally, although she doesn't initiate flirting with Greg, she is not unresponsive to it, I would say. This season, she has been quite dismissive of him. I wonder if it could be because of some orders she got from her jealous boyfriend. :D :D

Maybe they have some kind of agreement : Don't flirt with Sophia, so I won't be joking with Greg :)

SPOILER (never know when I should put one)

I never thought about the fact that Sara has changed toward Greg this year. It could be an agreement that if they are in a relationship then they both have to try not to flirt with other's in the lab. That way there will be no misunderstandings. If you remember back in the episode 4X4, Grissom overheard Greg and Sara talking about having to be showered down and I know that was a jealous look if ever I saw one. So, that is probably why he didn't open his mouth when Sara laid into Sophia because he was trying to tell Sophia before Sara even came in that she shouldn't be talking to him but Sophia pushed the issue herself.

Yeah, she became somewhat dismissive toward Greg, not laughing at his jokes and stuff. I know she likes him as a friend, so it doesn't make too much sense...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seeing Grissom jealous. 4X4 shower convo was great. Another scene where he sends death glares to Greg is in Committed, where Greg brings Robbie's pillow and mockingly smothers Sara with it. You need to watch that scene to see the disgust and jealousy on Grissom's face... :D

Grissly, yes I love the pillow scene in Committed with Greg. Grissom makes the funniest glare toward Greg, like leave my woman alone. Oh, and also in The Big Middle, I swear Grissom leaves that heavy dummy on Greg for a little longer because Greg makes a statement about dreaming of Sara to Grissom. Grissom gives him a little fun payback I think. :D :lol:

The Big Middle scene is one of my favorite scenes ever. Greg is so cute saying "this is exactly like a dream I had once..., except...Grissom wasn't watching". For some reason, I love it when other men show interest in Sara when Grissom is around. And Sara played along and said "how does it feel, dreamer?" She can be a big flirt sometimes :D

Another example is David smiling at Sara in front of Grissom is 35K OBO autopsy scene, and I also love the scene where Greg tells Grissom he and Sara are going out...I think he didn't take Greg as a threat back then, but in Season 5 he was definitely scared.

BTW, I don't know if you know Sobell's episode recaps (I didn't know, I recently found out), and I think what she says for the pillow scene is so true:

Liam (the nickname she's given Greg) places his hands on the pillow to approximate a death grip, and pretends to smother Sara, who doesn't look like she minds. Gil looks peeved. Gil needs to get over himself -- he does not get to not-break-up with the woman he's not seeing via a monologue during a perp non-confession and then get all irritated when she has the nerve to move on with her life. Anyway, Sara looks back at Gil and comments, "Looks like we have a murder weapon." Gil looks like he's trying to figure out how to murder Liam with the very pillow he's holding.

Both Sara and Grissom can be flirts when they want to really, maybe they do it to try and push one another to admit their true feelings for each other. Or maybe they do it to see if they do still have feelings for each other.

Here is the Committed pictures.

Greg pushing the pillow at Sara.
5x21_163.jpg

Grissom looking peeved at Greg.
5x21_162.jpg

It is true Grissom seems to be able to flirt but boy when someone flirts with Sara he does not like it at all I don't think. But this time at least Sara made a stance in front of him when Sophia was in the office. He needed to see Sara react. She usually always walks off.

He hates other people in her life, the possessive bugman :D. Here's how betrayed and hurt he looks when he learns about Hank. By the way, I have a question. I think at the start of Crash and Burn, Cath says "that's Sara's boyfriend" to Grissom. I don't have a clip of that, do you know if the camera shows Grissom's face?

taierelationship_0001.jpg

Hmmm very intersting question about Grissom and Crash and Burn. I don't know if it shows his face or not. I am getting ready to leave but when I get back if noone has found that out I will get on searching and see if Grissom makes a facial expression about Cath making that comment about Hank and Sara. You are right though he is very possessive of her. It's amazing how they have really spent more time hurting each other and running from their feelings than they have on building a relationship. Thank Goodness season five and now six seems to be showing they are turning around.

The line "This is Sara boyfriend" was cut, and as far as I know Grissom doesn't see Hank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back