Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoilers for ABRTI2
>
>
>
>

Okay, about the ‘triangle’ scene. Wasn’t a triangle as far as I could tell – oh how the media love to hype up things…

I felt really bad for Sofia – she was obviously going through so much and it was really traumatic for her. If she was even slightly thinking straight, however, even she would agree that there was no way she should have been in that building talking to Grissom – and ESPECIALLY not discussing the case with Grissom.

This situation was totally different from the situation during Sara’s suspension. Sofia wasn’t suspended – she was on Administrative Leave and under *active* investigation. Active Investigation headed up by the man she was talking to. Anyway you cut it, if the Sheriff or Ecklie had walked into that office rather than Sara, both Sofia and Grissom would have been in deep sh*t. They both could have lost their jobs. Sofia could have been charged with tampering/interfering with an official investigation or whatever the American law enforcement equivalent is to that. Grissom made it very very clear to her that she should be there and they couldn’t talk about the case (hence Grissom not saying another word to her throughout the rest of the scene) but Sofia was too upset to listen. It took Sara to come in and bring her to her senses. And, when she’s calmed down and thought about it, she’ll realize how very lucky she was not to have been caught by anyone else, because it would have been the end of her career, and probably Grissom’s too – plain and simple.

As for Sara’s handling of matters, I agree – after her initial shock and finding Grissom breaking the rules so badly (she wasn’t privy to him telling Sofia that she shouldn’t be there earlier in the scene) she was a total professional.

The scene later, with Grissom asking for Sara’s help totally showed how everything was perfectly fine between them after the office scene. I thought Sara was a little cool with him at the beginning (My job per the Sheriff is to find the Bullet) – Grissom handled it in a lovely, lighthearted way – ‘Well, this is per me’ and ‘Come on, it’ll be fun’ – I sort of felt like he was saying ‘Come on, don’t be mad at me’ – It’s the most lighthearted he’s been with Sara in a good long while… (And I *loved* her smirk when she asked him “Are you going to tell me what’s going on?”)

The gun and roof scene was just laugh-out-loud hilarious. The ‘Sara’ ‘Yeah’ was just so funny – Hodges is such a dork :D (and did anyone else giggle when Grissom said “Check it out”??? :lol: )

I found there interactions to be lovely, funny, sweet and light moments amidst all the drama and angst of the rest of the episode (based on the clips I’ve seen – obviously I haven’t seen the whole thing yet) – But isn’t that a lovely inversion of what we usually get - GSR angst? That made me happy (as much as I love the angst, its nice to have a change) And I think this made up for the several weeks or no GSR. Now all we need is a few more interactions like this and we’ll be squeeing from here to next Christmas.

RE: JF’s interview – the girl DEFINITELY knows something – she’s so playing with us. I really can’t wait to see if Sara has the opportunity to kick Grissom out of bed – and of course, she won’t ;)

Edited, cuz I could have sworn I put in a spoiler space when i typed this - clearly am losing my mind...

Do we have to put spoiler spaces still? I thought they weren't necessary after the episodes aired in the US :confused:
>
>
>
>

Yeah, I totally loved the fact that Grissom wasn't even standing close to Sofia in any of this. I had braced myself and prepared for as much as a hug. Phew...

Also, did anyone think about this?: after Grissom takes Sara to the alley, and he climbs the ladder, he tells her to call Hodges etc., and she asks "aren't you going to tell me what's going on?".

This reminded me of the episode "Burden of Proof", the meat experiment, where Sara said pretty much the same thing, and was very annoyed with Grissom that he didn't explain things to her. Her expression in this episode, however, was much more playful. It feels like Sara sort of has accepted Grissom the way he is (also consistent with her "well, that's kinda what he does" remark earlier in the season), and they are much more comfortable with each other this season... :D

And yes, Jorja definitely knows something. She deliberately said "in several episodes". I seriously cannot imagine anything other than some quality bugman lovin' sailing her hot air balloon, whatever that means :D

SPOILER

I just dont see why she was quite rude about it, and not let Sofia finish her conversation which she obviously needed.

Wouldn't that be because she was worried about Grissom? As far as Sara was concerned, Sofia was already in trouble, and there she was, doing the same for Grissom! Sara knew Grissom would be the one, who would also face serious consequences, if people would find out he was talking to Sofia! And judging by his rather poor effort at geting Sofia to leave, thank goodness that Sara came in!
Exactly what I was going to say, but the computer went POOF :O

Hi shippers, last time I was on here you guys were about 3 quarters of the way through the last thread and now i log on to find your 6 pages into thread 11 wow.

Now I would be lying if I said I have read through all the other posts so would someone be so kind as to let me know if I have missed anything major in the world of GSR.

Also has anyone here done any new videos or fanfics?

hey Grissoms_Beard - happy belated birthday! *throws confetti* (i noticed your name in the b'day honors list the other day ;) )

As for if you've missed anything major - the most major stuff has been covered in this page and the previous one - last nights episode has been the biggest news around here in a while :D Oh, that and what almost happened in Gum Drops... :D

A HUGE GSR Gutter welcome to Blank_Canvas – and I really mean HUGE, cuz you brought all of my favorite things – oatmeal and choc chip cookies, a rocking chair and duct tape – and not just any old duct tape – glow-in-the-dark – How much do you Rock!?! (a whole lot! :D )
[end quote]

(sorry, I don't know how to properly quote yet....can anyone explain it to me? I'm desprate!)

Awwww....thanks! :D I knew that you would like presents....
My mind definatly was in the Gutter when I thought of glow-in-the-dark duct tape.... :devil:
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! (hugs everyone in Gutter)

Hi forensicsgirl thanks for the belated "happy birthday" its much appreciated.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

Well from what people have said about the last episode I am absolutely estatic what with the triangle scene and Sara refering to the bugman as just Gris.

end spoiler

Also a big GSR welcome to Blank_Canvas I hope you like it here.

Well, Live4, Sofia was obviously trying to tell Grissom something about the case, which is the last thing that she needed to do. If I remember correctly, she was saying something about how the officer was shot. In that case, I think all Sara could think of was: "what are you doing here? Are you going to get Grissom in trouble?"

Her mere presence there is breaking the rules, so I don't see why she should have given her 5 minutes to finish what she was saying, because for me the whole point is that she shouldn't be saying what she was saying. I won't argue that Sara likes Sofia and she would be just as cold to, say, Catherine, but I think she would tell them that they shouldn't be there whomever it was. And it being Sofia didn't help either :D

But I think she kept her cool really well because Sofia immediately began lashing out on her with something that I regard as a "personal attack". She was basically saying to Sara's face that she has no social life, which is probably the rumor around the lab. If I'm honest, I think Sofia has real problems with Sara, and apparently we'll see more of that, while Sara, although she doesn't like her, is maintaining her professionalism.

Well I dont think Sofias intentions were to get Grissom in trouble, she was just desperate for comfort. She was trying to register weather she shot a fellow officer or not. It was eating her up inside which is why she reached out for Grissom.
Proffesinally Sara did the right thing.. but honestly I would have cut Sofia some slack. Obviously me and Sara are two completely different people when it comes to that kind of situation because as soon as I saw the tears in her eyes, I would have given her atleast 5. But whatever.. I guess Im just the rule breaking rebel :p :rolleyes:
I completely disagree with Sofias "personal attack" on Sara but Sara wasnt giving her much slack and she was already emotional as it was.

Also Sara recommended her talk to a phychologist.. but I think sometimes you need a familiar fave.. you know? Well for me anyways.

Thats just my personal opinion.
I beleive that a persons well being is with more then a "rule". ;)

Also has anyone here done any new videos or fanfics?

I didn't notice this before - sorry. Yep, I've got a bunch of new vid up at my site (just click the banner ;) ) and there'll be a new chapter of "Infliction" (it's 3/4 written at the moment) up by or before Sunday (depending on how much pain I'm in after I get home from work tomorrow night :lol: )

Edited to add:
I beleive that a persons well being is with more then a "rule".
Yeah but, L4GnS - we're not just talking about the 'rules' here - we're talking about The Law. It would be considered interfering with an official police investigation for Sofia to be talking to Grissom about the case outside of an official interview. Her statement was on the record (as Grissom pointed out) - anything else she said, unofficially, could be considered to be undue influence - a Defense attorney could use that to call Grissom's objectivity and all his evidence into question - it could screw up the case, it could cause both Grissom and Sofia's professional ethics to be called into question, it could cost both of them their careers, it could land both of them in a HUGE amount of trouble. Was that deliberate on Sofia's part? Of course not. But, like I said in an earlier post, if she was thinking straight at the time, she *never* would have gone there in the first place. Very very bad idea.

A new chapter of Infliction thats fantastic I can't wait to read it, that is once I have done some uni work.

Also thanks for the heads up on the music vids I will be sure to check yours and grisslybear in the next couple of days, they are always of the highest quality.

If it were up to me, Live4GrissNSara, I wouldn't have been as professional either. I personally have a hard time telling people's mistakes to their face anyway, so I probably would just say: OK but you need to leave as soon as possible, or something like that. :D

That said, I don't think Sara was "rude" in this whole thing. She did what was the professional thing to do, and her behavior is completely justified, I think. And I sensed that she was offering her to talk to a psychologist out of her own experience, because she did that, and she came back. I am going to admit that Sara might have been a bit warmer with anyone else than Sofia, like maybe if Greg was there crying, but I totally understand that: you are faced with a situation where you are have the choice of forgoing professional rules in favor of emotion, or comforting someone you know. Whether you'll actually break the rules, or be oblivious to the rules being broken depends on how much you care about that person, and how much risk you would be willing to take for her.

I, personally, don't see Sofia worthy of the risk Grissom would be taking if they talked about the case to comfort her (just because their friendship is not deep enough yet, nothing to do with her character). Sara doesn't either, probably. If it was someone like Greg or Nick who the whole team already has a personal attachment to, I could see them wanting to break the rules.

Hey forensicsgirl, I had no idea you knew so much about the Law...and yes,(even though I haven't seen it yet...damn Australian tv...)I agree that if Sofia had been thinking straight, she wouldn't have gone to Grissom at all. She was just feeling really guilty about what had happened and wanted someone to talk to.It didn't matter WHO she talked to, as long as she talked to someone about what had happened.
Infliction? Never heard of it before.(No offence ment, I'm looking for it now)

The Triangle...

I really really liked the scene. Fact is just that I don't see anything going on between Grissom and Sofia, so I don't see what Sara is worrying about.
I just felt bad for Sofia (Yes, I really really like her!), but Sara probably didn't know how she felt.

Jorja was hot in this episode by the way. She had this vibe around her...yes, hot.

And what are all these people saying that Sara can't smile?
She rocked when it came to humour in this episode.
I laughed about the gun throw-scenes, and I never laugh out loud during CSI.

Anyway, back to GSR. I do like the tension between Sara and Sofia, as long as Sara doesn't come out bad. I just got the feeling that Sara and Grissom are drawn to each other by Sofia. It is just a positive thing.

Hey forensicsgirl, I had no idea you knew so much about the Law

Oh, don't get me wrong - most of my knowledge comes from watching cop shows and cop movies and reading Patricia Cornwell novels :lol: But I did ask my barrister cousin (he's the smart one in the family :) ) and he said very very bad idea - could be twisted/misconstrued by outside parties, and they could lose their jobs if the powers that be decided to come down hard on them. It all goes to impartiality of the investigation

And 'Infliction' is the 4th in a series of GSR fics i've written - don't worry that you haven't heard of it, i'm not offended ;) You can find my fics on my website (click the banner ;) ) or on ff.net http://www.fanfiction.net/~forensicsgirl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back