Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aggie

Aggie CSI Level Two

Re: Grissom&Sara #10-Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape

First of all, big welcome to DorkMatter, very good analysis of the Geek relationship, and you've drawn very good parallels between them and Mulder and Scully. Gosh, I never thought about it this way, well maybe not by comparing them, but to see what similarities there were in terms of UST and so on.

God, if Griss and Sara were to say some of the things that Mulder and Scully said... :eek: I'd... :D

Anyway, grissly, I think that Like this? Yesss... is a brilliant idea for the thread title! :devil: Permission asked -sure, but like you said there really was no need to... :D

2. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

A big GSR welcome to you DorkMatter glad you decied to join this fun family.

I like the thread name Like this as well.

3. martini

martini CSI Level One

yep DorkMatter welcome to the gutter :D be careful 'cause it 's gonna be a wild gsr ride ;)

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, it's only natural for a person to get used to calling another by a certain name, to the point where any other name would seem unnatural. It becomes part of their identity, in a way. And think about how many different inflections the characters have used on those names, and the often deeply personal meanings behind them.

Only once to Mulder himself, and he told her not to do it, ostensibly because he hated the name "Fox," but probably more to keep his distance from her (in order to protect her from his dangerous quest). She referred to him as "Fox" to other people on at least several occasions, though. Mulder called Scully "Dana" a few times, but that was mostly the writers Glen Morgan and James Wong using the convention referred to above. To everyone else working on the show, they were always Mulder & Scully, which eventually became terms of endearment rather than formality.

Sara might do it to get his undivided attention at some point, but I doubt that she could quickly get used to the idea of calling him "Gil" on a regular basis. Even so, it might be interesting if the writers made her do that all of a sudden without giving an overt explanation, implying that something has been developing in the background that may surface later on--a bit of foreshadowing. ;)

5. lilbug

lilbug CSI Level Two

i think the next thread name should be: GSR DoRks!

i mean that in a good way! :D

6. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

Well...lilbug I have heard it referred to as Geek Love. Never Dork though. :lol:

7. brandie

brandie Prime Suspect

Ooo I dig it :)

8. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

DorkMatter, a very warm welcome to the GSR Gutter. And wonderful analysis. Really spot on :)

MissDee, I love your version of the game (they ran something like this in the misc thread a while ago, except it was '...in my pants' :lol: I'm loving the gutter version ;) )

I really like Like this? Yessss... as a thread title suggestion. I also like We know what to do about "this" Those should definitely be included in the poll. And again, I'd like to limit it to 4 or 5 options for the poll, which I'll post at the top of page 20. So keep discussing the possibilities until then (while discussing other topics, obviously... ;) )

9. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I think I am liking the thread name We know what to do about "this" best.

I just had to share this picture. It is the first time I have ever ran across it...I love how his glasses are half off his nose and I love the looks she is giving him.

Billy: You see I am going to grab Jorja just like this.
    Jorja: Yeah, I'm all for that. :devil:

[​IMG]

10. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

lmao ladysara. they seem to have it all planned out... hugs to dorkmatter new shipper welcome! here is some lover-ly duct tape for you... [​IMG]

i always feel better when i see that :)

i didnt catch the nose line though,,, must watch again and look for suttle emotions in griss. he wasnt much in it was he? i guess thats his uncle or cousion or something's funeral? i hope he'll be more there next week...

11. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

SPOILER (Just in case)

I don't even know if Grissom realized that Nick said that to her. I had to rewind that to make sure I heard the line right.
    I have noticed it seems every episode in this new season has had some kind of odd ball instance that really has no purpose in th show. Just like Grissom said skidmarks and Greg giggled and said Grissom said skidmark. :lol:

12. 9dots4lines

9dots4lines Lab Technician

OT: I really need to get working on that review for "Of Mice and Men." In my <airquotes> journal </airquotes> I wrote how Lennie wasn't supposed to land the way he did because he wasn't shot from the side, but from the back, blah blah blah. Which, in a way, is kind of funny because Gary Sinise is in the movie.

back on:
    spoilerey-ish

I never really saw Grissom's look. I mean, it was only on the second time through that I noticed the "nose-pick" and the skidmarks comment. So that means that I'll probably have to go through it again.

13. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

LadySara, I never saw that pic either, thanks. Another PSV right there :D Do you know if there's a clip of that interview? Maybe on omaetoy's site? I'll run off to check...

14. LadySaraButterfly

LadySaraButterfly Corpse

I don't know if there is a clip from that interview or not but if you find one let me know cause I will want to see it as well. I love watching them interact together. Get very little chances to see them away from CSI.

15. Aggie

Aggie CSI Level Two

Well, I just watched "Compulsion" tonight and my two cents on the whole "Gil" issue. It seems to me that when people call him that, it isn't as much intimate, as it is personal.

I mean, a judge whats-her-name called him "Gil" and to top that Hodges did (at which point I burst out laughing, because he said it so funny! :lol:) So anyway, I don't know Sara to call him by his first name, to me they will always be Grissom and Sara and that's how they should stay! :D

And I'm sure they will have some pet names for one another anyway... :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.