Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #10-Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape

SPOILER

OOO that is true...I forgot about Sara being cool headed in the episode 6X11. That makes me feel very positive about the fact that Grissom may be spilling the bean to Sara about how he feels and Sophia may witness this as well. When and if Sara walks in on the two of them talking, Grissom may stop Sara right then and there and tell her how he feels in a rround about way that both ladies understand he is hands off to all other women but Sara. That may be why Sophia is trying to start something with Sara because she might think she ignored her page cause she was with Grissom.

I'm trying to be ever so zen about the lack of spoilers for the next ep. It doesn't... bother... me... one... little...bit... gaaahhhhhhhhh *clutches the sacred duct tape* Oh sacred duct tape help me to be strong and not go nuts waiting another week to find out what happens.... GaaaaaaahhHHhhhhhh!!!!

Ahem, okay, I'm perfectly calm now... ;)

So, page 19. We should start considering names for thread 11...

Titles that were in the last poll:

-Welcome to the Gutter, We have tape!
-Deeper in the Gutter of Love
-I'll take you home
-Flowers for a Girl

I gotta go for a while, girls, but had to speculate about this before I'm off:
SPOILERS

Isn't it interesting that spoilers for something as big as the hotel scene were out, and widely discussed, but nothing is out for this episode :confused:

If Grissom goes after Sara to make her an explanation, that is something pretty big in itself, it is an admission of feeling basically. You don't try to explain yourself to someone who you just see as a coworker or as someone who has a crush on you that she needs to get over.

The bigger surprise, of course, would be a hint that they are already in a relationship...

Back in a couple of hours! :D

How about "Grissom&Sara #11-GRISSOMIZED!!!

'Cause after all, aren't we all??? :devil:

I like that name... :p

And Sara and Grissom (or honestly, just Grissom) better get down to buisness and tell eachother just exactly how they feel so there can be some loving!!! :devil:

keesame that name cracked me up..but boy does that tell the truth. I am a Grissom nut.

SPOILER

Okay I had to bring this up cause I just noticed it in the opening part of ABRTI...everyone except Catherine are in a circle while he is handing out assignments and out of the blue you hear Nick says to Sara don't let yourself be caught picking your nose...and it pans to Sara and she has her finger near her nose. Now if I had been Grissom I would have been getting on Nick for saying something like that to my woman. Did anyone else notice that line?

everyone except Catherine are in a circle while he is handing out assignments and out of the blue you hear Nick says to Sara don't let yourself be caught picking your nose...and it pans to Sara and she has her finger near her nose. Now if I had been Grissom I would have been getting on Nick for saying something like that to my woman. Did anyone else notice that line?

*Brain goes in blank......* why didn't I hear that?? :confused: :D

BTW, I still prefer GSR thread No 11 named Come on, I'll take you home :rolleyes:

So we want to see the ups and downs in the characters lives, the things that put them under pressure and challenge them and make them struggle. Cuz that makes for damn good tv.

I agree with everything you said in this post, but maybe some people are just looking for something to help balance the portrayal of the relationship on the show, or even something more to contrast with the angst. The audience needs to know what they and the characters are missing out on, in order to fulfill the potential of the drama. There certainly have been moments where this was done on the show, but has there been enough?

That's not an easy question to answer, because generally speaking, the more you can leave to the imaginations of the audience, the better. Thus far, the audience has been tortured effectively, so the writers must be doing something right. ;) However, in my opinion, there is the potential here to inflict even more delectable torment if they choose to do that.

The same principle holds true with GSR. People complain that its been drawn out for too long, that it should be over and done with already, that if something was going to happen it would have by now...

The writers may lack confidence that they can escalate the relationship to any significant degree without turning the show into a soap opera, and some of them might have no interest at all, so I guess we'll just have to take what we can get. At least they don't seem to be headed toward the common pattern of putting couples together and breaking them apart repeatedly, although that whole Warrick/Catherine affair of late makes me wonder if the writers really can avoid soap opera conventions (no offense intended to Yobling).

First off, how long did it take Niles and Daphney to get together? Mulder and Scully? Ross and Rachel? Secondly, would it have been interesting anymore if they'd gotten together in say the 1st or 2nd season?

Mulder & Scully are an interesting case for comparison because their relationship and the way it was handled is so opposite to the GSR in most respects. Professional disagreements aside, they were actually very sweet and affectionate almost from the beginning, and also quite comfortable around one another (including the physical aspects). Fans of The X-Files often speak of UST, but there was never really much tension, per se. The writers tortured the MSR shippers by never directly addressing the relationship, at least until the Season 8 finale (if you can call that direct). In a nutshell, the characters portrayed an extraordinarily intense friendship and romance essentially without talking about it, denying virtually all direct acknowledgement to the shippers for nearly eight years. I must say that's rather fiendish. :devil: Personally, I love it, but a lot of people are still quite bitter about it.

The GSR, in contrast, is very subtle, but also more directly acknowledged at times. We know that the potential for a romance is an actual entity on the show, and that there must be something so deep and compelling about it that it scares the characters (particularly Grissom, of course). Because of their professional relationship--supervisor and subordinate--it's also a forbidden love, which obviously makes it more interesting for the audience. But as much as I've enjoyed watching the GSR play out the way it has, in drama any relationship has to continually develop and grow. If there is to be an open, resolved romance between Grissom & Sara someday, then time is running out on the possibility of a gradual build-up.

At least for me, there is also a need to show more of why these characters are good for each other. It doesn't need to be a "healthy" relationship--it would just be nice if there were more positive feelings and warmth between them. It's all a matter of contrast and balance, as I mentioned earlier. At the very least, the actors could let the GSR "inform" their performances a bit more than they have lately (while keeping it subtle and nonintrusive, of course).

And thirdly, would it be remotely compelling if it was all plain sailing and everyone was in happy fluffy bunny land?

That's a valid point, and in addition to creating barriers, writers of these shows always have to withhold something the audience wants at all costs. People naturally want what they can't have, but you know what? At this point, I want to be tantalized, and the writers aren't doing enough of that. It's like the old joke about the sadist torturing the masochist by NOT torturing him. :D

In that vein, I bet that GSR fans and MSR fans would like to have duplicated a few scenes between their respective shows. Imagine if Scully had asked Mulder out to dinner to "<font color="cyan">see what happens</font>" and he replied "<font color="cyan">I don't know what to do about this</font>." Jaws would have dropped. The same would go for the "<font color="cyan">interested in beauty</font>" scene. I wonder how GSR fans would react if Sara had written a letter that said "<font color="cyan">I feel these words as if their meaning were weight being lifted from me, knowing that you will read them and share my burden, as I have come to trust no other. That you should know my heart, look into it, finding there the memory and experience that belong to you, that are you, is a comfort to me now</font>," or if Grissom had ever said "<font color="cyan">Even when the world was falling apart, you were my constant...my touchstone</font>" and Sara replied "<font color="cyan">And you are mine</font>" and kissed his forehead for like 10 seconds. :)

haha why not. Everything could happen at this point ;)
O for the names I like
GRISSOMIZED is funny (and I’m definitely GRISSOMIZED :lol:) but it doesn't really say anything about GSR :cool:
so I go for I'll 'take you home' or 'Deeper in the Gutter of Love' :p

Show us some GSR (at least some G and S) or we will hunt the writers... :devil:
and they will show a little less grissom :eek:'cause wp cut back on his working hours (gotta watch his health on his age he says :rolleyes:)

Just wanted to say welcome to the thread, DorkMatter!!!

Very good analysis, by the way...When you talk about "running out of time for build-up", I guess the writers think that S1 and S2 were build-up enough, and I bet they will never return to flirty Sara and Grissom. Still, I think they do share a level of understanding that implicates a "history" or something more than a co-worker relationship, and I can see this in their performances, especially in Season 5: the talk in Swap Meet, Snakes, Committed...But I am not sure what it would take for them to proceed to the next step. It looks like they've come to a standstill where Sara acknowledges her feelings but doesn't expect anything anymore, and Grissom...Well who knows what he's thinking :rolleyes:

But I think this season they will give us some real progress, because the tidbits that they were feeding us (glances, smiles) are almost nonexistant this season, which is strange.

You guys ever play that fortune-cookie game called "Between the Sheets"? You read out your fortune cookie and then add "between the sheets" after it.

Well, I propose that you end off all your favorite GSR lines with a phrase about the gutter. To wit:

"C'mon, I'll take you home... TO THE GUTTER!!!"
"I don't need it. I have you... IN THE GUTTER!"
"Honey, this doesn't look good... 'CAUSE WE'RE IN THE GUTTER!"

I'm sure you all get the point.

I vote for: Grissom&Sara#11-We know what to do about "this"

MissDee that game is too funny. I love how the gutter fits perfectly behind those famous GSR lines. Hmmmm...let's see what I can do with this game.

Sara Sidle: Since when are you interested in beauty?
Gil Grissom: Since I met you and now my mind is in the gutter. :devil:

<snarky>
#11 - Pinned Down WITH Permission
</snarky>

Chalk it up to me staying up the latest I've stayed up in 8 months. *crazy* <3

EDIT: FTR, its not a complete bash against G/C. Its just snarky Brandie :)

<snarky>
#11 - Pinned Down WITH Permission
</snarky>

Chalk it up to me staying up the latest I've stayed up in 8 months. *crazy* <3

EDIT: FTR, its not a complete bash against G/C. Its just snarky Brandie :)

Well, we know Grissom lowered his hands to her waist although there was absolutely no need to do so. So, to commemorate that, maybe we could use as the thread title:

Like this? Yesss... :D ;) :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back