Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring

Possible Spoilers
>
>
>
>

It would also make sense in the context of the anvils that are dropping thicker and faster than ever that Grissom isn't happy in his Supervisory role. I mean, he's never really relished that aspect of the job, has he? But if his position as supervisor means that he and Sara have to sneak around and hide their relationship, thats simply another reason Grissom might want to go back to being a plain old CSI Level 3...

SPOILERS
>
>
>
That's true, Forensicsgirl. Definitely they are trying to show that he is not happy in the supervisor position. Whatever it is that's going on, I'm sure we'll get an idea in 6X8. I would actually love to see the following scene, as I said before:
After Sara walks in on them, Grissom goes after her and finds her standing by the table looking at some files in the evidence room, her back to the door. He comes in, walks up to her, leans over her, puts his arms around her waist, and whispers in her ear: "it's not like you think, baby"... :D Now that would be nice and fluffy, although I think the probability of that happening is very close to zero. :D

Spoiler

Tee Hee Grissly that scenario made me all giddy. I would love to see that happen too. I agree though most likely zero possibilites of that.

I thought in Secret and Flies we were given two shows that Grissom is tired of being supervisor..well actually three. First of all he wouldn't answer his phone and was upset when he had to leave the crime scene. Secondly when he did Catherines evalutaion he noted that if she did the evals they wouldn't be late. Thirdly after doing the great job on the court case he quickly stated he didn't want any more responsibility. I think Grissom is craving being back in the field. Of course cause he can be with Sara easier but he can also do what he loves. Solving cases out in the field.

Yeah, those were some pretty anvil-sized hints that his job will soon be on the line.

And if my theory is correct, a relationship with Sara might not be impossible any longer if he's bumped back to Level 3: Wasn't he just starting up his Supervisor position at the beginning of the show? And that Grissom had no problem joking/dating with his co-workers.

Also, I noticed a rather striking parallel in the scenes where Nick is made Level 3 and Greg is made a CSI:

In the first one, Grissom is at the head of the celebration, enjoying it. With Greg, he's off to the side, quietly enjoying Greg's moment, but watching from afar.

This was the first time I realized that having Grissom be very playful/warm in the first episode may have been intentional: to show what he used to be like, and then bringing it full circle in Who Shot Sherlock by showing how much he's changed.

I think this could be a very, very good plot twist if it happens. While Grissom definitely deserves to be in charge, he just doesn't want it. And a more hands-on Grissom, less Office Grissom is better for the character as well.

SPOILER

I really don't think he is the one going to be buried professionally either. I am still thinking that may be Sophia due to the next two episodes. I think Grissom is going to be a voluntary step down. There had been talk of Cath demoting but we have not seen that happen as of yet. So I am begining to think it will be Grissom doing the demoting. I think Grissom has been prepping Cath to take over since he became boss. We have heard him tell Warrick before that he wouldn't be boss forever. So it will be interesting to see where this all leads too. I think as long as he is not boss or supervisor then he can date Sara without Ecklie causing such a fuss.

Spoilers
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I thought that too until I saw the spoilers for ep 9 Dog eat Dog and saw that Sofia still has her job, but Grissom is nowhere to be found in the spoilers as yet, and Cath seems to be heading up the investigation in ep 10 also...

*Scratchs Grissom's beard* I do agree that the signs are pointing towards Grissom stepping down voluntarily, but unless they drop the 'buried professionally' plotline altogether, I still think he's the most likely candidate...

True. And do remember, this is partially just a way to get us to watch during Sweeps. It most likely is referring to Grissom being demoted, but it doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't voluntarily step down.

I don't, however, really wish to see "Unemployed Grissom", because all that does is flip the Sara/Grissom dynamic from last season upside-down. Suddenly Grissom's the vulnerable one on the brink of losing his job or possible suspension.

Plus I don't like the thought of Grissom sitting around his pizza box-strewn apartment in sweats. Shudders.

SPOILERS

I agree Grissom is the most likely canidate but if he is the one buried professionally then maybe he is put on leave for a period of time like Sara was when she got in trouble with Ecklie. That may be why we are seeing an absence of him in the spoilers. We know its not Cath, Brass, Sophia, or Sara or Nick cause I know they have been mentioned. I have not seen Warrick or Greg mentioned. Could be one of them but not likely. At any rate I still think because we have not heard much GSR talk something is being hid for sure and that could be part of Grissom's problem as well.

SPOILER

now when we say "profesionally buried" do we mean like nick was buried, like that accompilist? or like buried under all the pressure and volenturaly steps down?

Great comic, forensicsgirl, I love a confident Sara!

I'll be back to join in the speculations but need to go take care of a couple of things right now...

Spoiler
>
>
>
>

I've always taken 'professionally buried' to mean that they get buried under a huge amount of political crap after either doing something they shouldn't or being perceived to have done something wrong, and they subsequently get suspended, demoted or fired as a result. But we don't know. CM could have been using hyperbole. She could have been deliberately exaggerating. She could have meant any number of things. However I think in the article she did make it pretty clear that she didn't mean *actual* burial...

ETA Thanks Grissly ;)

sarahvma, I could never see Grissom as the type to be "unemployed" or sit around with pizza boxes in sweats. There are alot of avenues he could pursue.

SPOILER

Remember what was said at the end of Secret and Flies. Grissom has some good graces with what he did in the case. I think if something goes sour that he might be able to call in some favors and save his butt for helping out in the case.

SPOILER

Remember what was said at the end of Secret and Flies. Grissom has some good graces with what he did in the case. I think if something goes sour that he might be able to call in some favors and save his butt for helping out in the case.

Yeah, he probably could, but the question is, would he actually want to do that? We know that he's always been very independent and he got where he is now by working really hard, and ignoring politics in every meaning of the word!

forensicsgirl thanks a bunch. these terms can get to my head :)

possible spoilers

ladysara, i think most good people in the lab like grissom, and not only the DA knows all the great stuff he's did. i know some people say he might step down, but (i dont want to be alianated or something) but i really hope he doesn't. he's been graveyard supervisor for so long, it would seem weird.

on the other hand it would give alot of new storylines, but they have so very many already. i'm caught between two worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back