Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring

When are sara and grissom gonna have thier dinner.... I mean grissom has dinner with everyone except sara.

[Grissom to Sofia]
Grissom: Lets have dinner shall we?

[Grissom and Terri have dinner]
Grissom: Im having a nice time.

[Grissom and Lady Heather have tea]
Grissom:You can always say stop.
Lady Heather: So can you.

[Sara and Grissom after the explosion]
Sara: Would you like to have dinner with me?
Grissom: ..No
Sara: Why not? Lets.. lets have dinner.. lets see what happens.
Grissom: *Sigh* Sara.. I Dont know what to do about this.
Sara: I do. You know by the time you figure it out, you really could be to late.

Poor Sara. But I think the reason for Grissoms rejection is because he knows a relationship with Sara would mean SO much more then with anyone else and at only season 3.. he dosnt know exacly what hes feeling yet.

I think there are two reasons for Grissom's "rejection":

1. A relationship with Sara scares THE HELL out of him. (Especially at that time, with the hearing problems)

2. (Real Reason) They are going to be together at the end as we all know, and TPTB couldn't just bring them together at Season 3 :D

I was thinking about the dinner rejection earlier today, and seriously, if he didn't care about her at all, he would have said: "Sara, you know, we have a great connection, but I see you as a very good friend and a respected colleague. I am sorry if I ever gave you the wrong impression" and it would have been that. At least he acknowledged "this" ;)

Re: Grissom&Sara #10-Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape

Dinner? Well, personally I'd like them to skip it and head straight to dessert :devil:

Hey guys, I finally got around to finishing a music vid which i started forever ago - i still have two or three more on my hard drive which are only half done... *sigh* so much to do and so little time...

A little bit of angst... Worn Me Down

BTW - for some reason Putfile always cuts off the very end of my vids and this time it cut off the credit to omaetoy for providing the clips, so i'll give her credit here instead... Enjoy ;)

i only get warning signes :( it isn't working, do you have a nother link? :rolleyes:

I love the vid forensicsgirl:)! The song fits quiet nicely. You should deffinatly think about finishing up those other vids;)

I was thinking about the dinner rejection earlier today, and seriously, if he didn't care about her at all, he would have said: "Sara, you know, we have a great connection, but I see you as a very good friend and a respected colleague. I am sorry if I ever gave you the wrong impression" and it would have been that. At least he acknowledged "this"

Grissly very good refresher point. Grissom did acknowledge "This" even if he couldn't say Sara and I. He knows has known since the day he met her that there was always going to be "This" to deal with sooner or later. Of course he has opted for later....but I really believe we are going to see him make some decision on their relationship this year.

About Gris' rejection of Sara's dinner invitation back in Season 3:

We have to remember the insane amount of stress he was under at the time as a factor. He was on his way to the doctor because his hearing was going, and that was greatly frustrating him. It was driving him nuts, because it would affect his work, and we all know he is work obsessed.

So I think the rejection was partly because of his fears, but also because he was NOT in the mood to deal with that, at that moment.

We are in Season 6, now, and I think a bunch of us have noted differences in their interactions, in the way they talk... and I've also noticed that Grissom and Sara have not even been in the same ROOM since Bite Me. In Shooting Stars we never saw them in the same room, he was missing from Gum Drops, and in Secrets and Flies the closest they got was when he probably walked past her at the beginning to leave to see Ecklie....

So I have a feeling...

SPOILAGE
!
!
!
!
!
!
We're building up to something big. I mean, in the past GSR has always been spaced out, but not so much as to keep them from being in the same room together. Granted, they were supposed to share a room *EEE* in Gum Drops before rewrites, but since that is out, there had to be a change of plans... something big is coming. I don't know if we'll get it in November Sweeps, February Sweeps, or May... but something is coming this season... It just feels like a massive buildup, this whole first part of the season, and the two parter is pushing it onward... Just *show* the audience Gris feels the same way!

Over at YTDAW, the amazing and talented David Rambo (writer of Butterflied, Swap Meet, Who Shot Sherlock?, 4x4, and the upcoming Still Life) answered a few of our questions, and he said he believes Grissom's longing for Sara is real... and I'd love for it be shown in a way that no one could refute it.

After Snakes, a lot of people finally saw the sexual tension between those two, and it only took a scene! We had tons of people saying "Wow... I see it now!" I'm hoping that the two parter will bring another one of those "Ah-hah!" moments.

I'm babbling... </rant>

I think the dinner rejection was simply bad timing. The ear thing, the fact that he was now in the swing of the Supervisor role and what that meant, etc etc.

Also like someone else pointed out, there isn't anything casual about their relationship. With Terri there was a mutual attraction and flirting, but you didn't get the feeling anything could really happen there. Same with Sofia (in fact I think Sofia may simply be Terri 2.0 - professional, respectable, blonde, dry...) In a way I think he only tries to start relationships with no future.

At any rate, I agree it's time to put the triangle thing to bed until Thursday because it could be played just about any way in the world and until we see what they've done with it, I think we've talked it to death.

P.S. - without getting too snarky, can someone explain to me the meaning of Sofia's nickname?

Hey or the edible duct tape could be red and licorice flavored. Hmmmm... :devil:

For some reason when I saw this picture I had to double look. This is the first time I had seen an actress in a movie with WP look kinda like Jorja Fox(Sara) without doing a manip. From the movie Gunshy he was in when he was younger. Maybe its just me.

gunshy51.jpg

it was so good if it was jorja ... too perfect to be truth :p

SPOILERS
>
>
>
>
I've been thinking about the same thing with you, Alyssa: they are definitely purposefully reducing GSR interactions to a minimum. Really, there used to be like the glance, a small smile, *something* almost every episode...The more I think about it, the more I start realizing the "they are already together" theory might have merit:
1. The convo in Bite Me makes sense if they are together.
2. Grissom called Sara in Gum Drops.
3. Sara looks very content, happy, down-to-earth, got her act together...It might have something to do with her personal life.
4. She was very confident dismissing Sofia with the "go-detect" comment, but still is somewhat concerned about her advances toward Grissom.
5. The motel scene would have made sense. .
6. They don't have much tension anymore, and maybe because we now have RST rather than UST :D

I don't know...I am still not sure TPTB would go down this road, and I was sure this wouldn't happen before, but I can see more where this theory is coming from now. In any case, I am sure they are building up to something BIG.

SPOILER

Well if they are already together, what are they going to do with them for 5 more years? Eerything you just said makes prefect sence but I just dont see it happening so soon. And I think people would loose there interest.
Of course.. you could always prove me wrong;)

SPOILER

Live4, I actually don't believe they are together. But I am not sure...I was thinking for sure they are not together before, but the complete lack of scenes makes me suspicious, so that's why I came up with the reasons why that theory might be true.

I actually somewhat hope they are not together yet, for the same reasons you said...If they are together now, it means we probably will see a lot of angst (to prolong the storyline), without ever having seen the benefits of them being together (first kiss, etc.). Although I guess I don't mind in the end...It's definitely better than no GSR at all... :D

SPOILER

The lack of scenes together to me would make sense as well if they were together. I could see Grissom being extra cautious of being around Sara if they were having a relationship outside of work. I think he would be afraid someone would catch on if they started hanging around each other more than usual. One of his stipulations may have been after Grave Danger or even Nesting Dolls that if they pursue a relationship then they have to work together less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back