Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #10 - Meet Me in the Gutter & bring the Tap

I just rewatched 'Nesting Dolls' and OMG Grissom really should have hugged Sara. Same with 'Committed'. You do not just hold a woman's hand while she cries, Grissom! Jeez!

It makes the scene more shippy, actually. It implies that he either doesn't trust himself to get that close to her, or he finds it difficult getting too close. Either way it's a sign of someone uncomfortable with physical contact, and that doesn't happen between platonic friends.

It makes the scene more shippy, actually. It implies that he either doesn't trust himself to get that close to her, or he finds it difficult getting too close. Either way it's a sign of someone uncomfortable with physical contact, and that doesn't happen between platonic friends.

Exactly so! I also think it would be less shippy if there was a hug. First of all, for me at least, hand-holding is more romantic than a hug. Hugging seems to me like a more natural thing to do if an opposite sex friend is crying, the first thing I do wouldn't be holding his hand. Second, and more importantly, I think it wouldn't stop there if he hugged her. Grissom probably knew that, and also probably didn't want to look like he was taking advantage of the situation. Third, I think TPTB are consciously avoiding showing much physical contact between the two. If they showed long hugs after ND and Committed, it would drain the UST even if just a little bit. And they want the tension to be as unresolved as possible, in my opinion. I think this is also the main reason why we see so much off-screen kissing, hugging and even neck-licking by basically everyone in the show but William Petersen and Jorja Fox. WP kisses Marg H., Jorja basically jumps on George Eads and licks Eric Szmanda's neck etc. I think they are consciously trying to avoid giving the viewers anything that could be helpful in terms of UST resolution. :D

Edited to note: Grissom doesn't have that much of a problem touching people in general, I think. I remember him hugging Holly Gribbs in the first episode. Then again, that was Season 1, but I think it has more to do with the crying woman being Sara than his general problem with physical contact.

::Toasts to new thread.:: Hail GSR!

Wow, I haven't been here for a couple of days! Did anyone miss me? :lol:

Personally, I liked Grissom in the first season. He was more... carefree, so to speak.

That's my random tidbit before I go to bed. :D

In terms of the offscreen stuff, I'm not so sure that that's as purposeful, but definitely on-screen they avoid most physical contact between the two.

I also agree that in terms of the characters, if she's crying, and he's empathizing that a hug might lead to something more and Grissom would know himself enough to know that.

Especially since in this part of the show she has been pretty straight-forward in a way she hadn't been since inviting him to dinner a couple years earlier, that she really likes him.

Overall, though, the hand-holding speaks way more than a hug would.

I also agree with everyone now worried about the hotel-room scene. Before, when it just seemed like a small cast-off almost, it was easier to delight in it, but the fact that they're really looking to squeeze it back in suggests that there was more to that scene than just GSR, or at least more to what might come afterwards.

Even if dating co-workers isn't forbidden, Ecklie would find some way to make it "wrong". After all, they busted Sara for her relationship with Hank in Season 3 because he moved a piece of evidence for her. If you're dating the boss, nearly everything you turn in could be seen as evidence changed to "suit the boss"...

I have just started to read the gsr fan fic - and I have to say Aggie you are brilliant - I have just finished reading Grave Danger & I couldnt stop reading - a true sign of a brilliant author

Keep em coming

<blushes> Thank you! What can I say? I aim to please wherever GSR is concerned... :D

You know I have to agree with sarahvma, I think that even if dateing co-workers isn't a no-no that Ecklie will find a way to ride their rear ends about it. That is just who he is, he already doesn't like Gris, (if you were as insecure as ecklie is and had a charasmatic man like Gil Grissom around then you would feel threatened to :devil:) and Sarahvma is right, anything and everything, even the littlest thing would be seen as trying to please the boss or favoritism toward a lower level CSI.

Office romances are messy, but that is what makes GSR so darn appealing. You know the complications it would cause but they are just so right together that you have to root for them. Their chemistry just sizzles and makes such fun boards as this one possiable! You just can't help letting your mind go *SPLASH* straight into the gutter when Sarah askes him to pin her down :D, or makes you want to cry when on the first season eppy To Tough To Die when she askes him to sleep with her because of her empathy toward a victim :(. And nothing brings a smile to your face like the phrase "Since when are you intrested in beauty?"

Grissom "Since I met you." ;) There are just so many things to love about this couple.

The potential motel scene is one of the most talked about of this season, and for good reason, the ramfications of it are just limitless, I am keeping my hopes up but not counting on it because of that reason. The possiblilites are endless and the touble it would cause.

Hmm....I think I have started rambling again. Guess I had better end this.

Have fun! :cool:

GG

Hi shippers I aint been on here in over a week and have probably missed all sorts, anyway can someone please tell me if THAT seen was in the show last week.

Grissoms_Beard the scene was not in Gum Drops. As a matter of fact they omitted it completely and William Petersen was not in the episode at all. So, it is still a possiblity to show up later. We hope at least. :D

Damn I am absolutely gutted about that but I will remain positive that TPTB will treat us GSR shippers to some great stuff further down the line

GrissomsBeard, according to some recent spoilers,
>
>
>
>
>
Carol Mendelsohn said something like "stay tuned to see if the storyline (the room scene) will come up in later episodes". Probably this scene will lead to something pretty big (not only in terms of GSR, but maybe also for Grissom's professional life), so I am quite sure they will use the scene somehow.

Wow... you guys move fast. wow.

I'm hoping the "room scene" will be kept and used soon. because i might explode. :(

thanks for the info grisslybear its much appreciated by the way have you done any new vids lately

thanks for the info grisslybear its much appreciated by the way have you done any new vids lately

You know what, Grissoms_Beard, you really must be psychic! I swear I was just going to post the link to my new video!!! :eek: And thanks for asking!

Well, this video is a first for me, because for the first time I made a totally angst-free GSR video, can you believe? :D The song is "Let's Hear It for the Boy", and "the boy" is Grissom, obviously. Has a couple of gutterish moments too :D Here's the Megaupload link (I haven't had it added to my video page yet):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IE2QZDNV

Comments very much appreciated! Enjoy ;)

BTW: Grissoms_Beard, you can check this website to see if there's any previous video you haven't seen, and thanks again for your interest!
http://butterflyofdarkness.bravehost.com/grisslybear.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back