Grissom/Lady Heather,Snicker and Greg and Wendy RP

Wendy stops in her tracks. "Greg? How is he going to react about us? i mean.....we are dating right? Even if we haven't gone out yet? Are we planning on telling people, or are we going to keep it quiet? I know Nick, Sara and Cath know, but are we going to tell the rest? Do you even want to date me, or do we want to do a 'friends with benefits thing? I'm just so confused, because we haven't discussed this yet. I mean this is so new, but we act like we've been dating for months, and this 'thing', whatever you want to call, it is only a day old. Do you even want to date me? I mean, if you don't that is okay, i understand.....it's just you haven't directly stated what you want." Wendy babbles away suddenly feeling nervous about everything.

Greg laughed and silenced her with a quick kiss. "We'll deal with those things when we get to them, right now let's just go with it and see what happens. Sound okay?" He put his hands on her shoulders to comfort her.

Wendy just nods. "that will be ok i guess. We should head of to the breakroom now."
With that she walks out of the lockerroom with Greg right behind her.

Greg frowned. "You okay?" He asked, sensing a touch of hostility in her voice. Had he screwed up by saying that? He cursed himself silently.

Wendy blows out a long breath of air. "Actually Greg, I'm not. i just don't understand you. I thought i did, but i guess i was wrong. I was under the impression that you wanted me, wanted to date me, but then when i ask you, you tell me to 'just go with it'. Greg, I'm not like that. I can't just 'go with it'. I like to know what i am going into. I can't do a 'friends with benefits' because to me its not just about sex. I want to know that the other person cares enough about me to want the world to know that we're together. I've been burned by other people in the past, and i don't want to have that happen again." By this time Wendy has tears in her eyes, and begins to walk away from Greg.

Greg caught hold of her arm and spun her around. "You don't think I have too? I just didn't wanted to dive into the deep end. If we carry on like this we'll get way too serious way too fast and believe me, that never works." He lowered his head and looked down at their hands. "I don't want to hurt you, that's the last thing I want to do."

Tears begin to fall from Wendy's eyes. "Maybe we went to fast. I really like you, but i guess we want different things. I want a relationship, and i guess you don't want one. How can this work when we want different things? It won't. Could you give my condolences to Sara and Nick? I'm going to go home. Just tell them I don't feel well. Good-bye Greg."

"Wendy don't be like that!" Greg called, jogging a little to catch up. "I want a relationship, but a gradual one. I don't want to be babies and marriage within a few months of knowing you. I wanna do this slowly. You know, get to know each other, ease into this gradually."

Catherinesmyidol said:
quoth_the_raven said:
Grissom just smiled. "So...looks like we finally got a table. Though I'm not that hungry anymore.."

"I'm still starving. But we can just... leave if you want. We could just pick some up from a drive-thru, if you'd like," Heather grinned as she twirled a strand of her hair absent mindedly.

"No, go ahead, get something to eat, I'll just sit and talk with you, I like to."

Wendy looks at him shocked. "Greg thats not what i wanted at all! Sure, maybe in the future, but not right now! All i wanted was someone who cared about me enough to call me his girlfriend, and i can call him my boyfriend. I wasn't looking to elope with you tonight or anything, i just wanted to be reassured that you liked me enough to WANT to have a relationship with me. And i didn't get that. And you know what, thats ok. I understand where your coming from, but i just can't do this Greg. I can't afford to put my heart out there, and having it being broke again, I just can't. I'm sorry Greg. If I lead you on and made you think i was willing to be carefree in this area, then I'm sorry. Because I can't; I can't do it. And right now i dont have any more energy to argue. So I want you to go to the breakroom, and enjoy Sara and Nick's little gathering. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." She gives Greg a little peck on the cheek, and heads out into the hallway.

Greg wanted so much to call out to her but he didn't, something stopped him. He cursed himself for letting her go. He pressed both his hands against the wall and kicked it hard with his foot. "Damn it!" He hissed, resting his head against the cold surface. Ofcourse he wanted a relationship with her but he made it sound like he only wanted someone he could all up every now and again to let off frustration with. To be honest he was scared of what he felt for her, it felt different to anything else he'd felt. Sure, he'd had a crush on Sara for a while, had girlfriends but no of that made him feel like she did.

Wendy continues walking fast down the hall, trying to leave the lab before anyone saw that she was crying. All she wanted was to go home, have a hot bubble bath, get drunk off of some cheap wine, and eat some Ben and Jerry's. And maybe cry some more.

quoth_the_raven said:
Catherinesmyidol said:
quoth_the_raven said:
Grissom just smiled. "So...looks like we finally got a table. Though I'm not that hungry anymore.."

"I'm still starving. But we can just... leave if you want. We could just pick some up from a drive-thru, if you'd like," Heather grinned as she twirled a strand of her hair absent mindedly.

"No, go ahead, get something to eat, I'll just sit and talk with you, I like to."

"If you're sure." Heather smiled as she realized just how good those bread sticks were sounding at the moment. She pursed her lips, then said, "You're quite the gentleman. Offering to keep me company while I eat. That's really very nice of you."

Back