Greg/Ryan - Florida isn't that far away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Greg/Ryan [Crossover Slash] - Florida isn't that far awa

Guh! I feel like I haven't been in here forever! *hugs you guys* I've missed this thread!

Silhouette, I like those thread name suggestions. And to be honest, I'm kind of partial to the one you made courtesy of my banner. :D Hehehehe...

Oh, and OMG! I love that song! My hubby and I actually danced a rhumba to that song for our wedding dance. And it fits b/c they might not have met each other before, but when they do, it's love at first sight, and they just knew that they belong together. *giggles*

Okay, I found out how far away LV is from Miami. According to www.indo.com:

To: Las Vegas, Nevada

2185 miles (3516 km) (1898 nautical miles)

Initial heading from Miami to Las Vegas: WNW (297.8 degrees)
Initial heading from Las Vegas to Miami: E (99.2 degrees)

Miami, Florida: County: Dade County; Population: 358,548; Location: 25:46:32N 80:12:39W; Elevation: 11 feet
Las Vegas, Nevada: County: Clark County; Population: 258,295; Location: 36:12:21N 115:13:22W; Elevation: 2000 feet

Whew! My fingers are tired!! :lol:

www.indo.com? :eek: That's my country! :D I mean, Indonesia, not the website, I don't live in cyberspace :lol:

Hmm I have no idea, so does that mean it's close or far away?

'Ryan/Greg #2 - RuGged Wonders - I Knew I Loved You Before I Met You' :eek: LOVE THAT! Almost suggested it when I posted the song, but thought it was too long... or is it? :D

If they've ever met at some point of their lives, the song could be 'Miles Apart' by Yellowcard ;)

If I could I would do all of this again
Travel back in time with you to where this all began
We could hide inside ourselves and leave the world behind
And make believe there's something left to find

We'll be miles apart
I'll keep you deep inside
You're always in my heart
A new life to start
I may be leaving but you're always in my heart

Now we've all grown up, gone on and moved away
Nothing I can do about it, nothing I can say
To bring us back to where we were when life was not this hard (life was not this hard)
Looking back it all just seems so far, so far away

We'll be miles apart
I'll keep you deep inside
You're always in my heart
A new life to start
I may be leaving but you're always in my heart

I'd give it up for just one more day with you
Give it up for just one more day
I'd give it up for just one more day with you...

:)

PS: btw sandersidle, my name's Irma ;)

Gah! Im sorry!! Irma! I knew that, I just mispelled it!! :lol: *blushes*

Yeah, I thought it was long too, but some thread names are long right?? :)

Ohhh thats a good RW song too!!

Hey guys I'm back YAY. The move is over, well we still have a lot of crap at the other house but we're living in the new one now. I've missed this board and you guys so much, gosh talk about internet withdrawals. Not having it sucked even though i've been mad busy cleaning and putting stuff away. At night I'd lie in bed thinking about this board wwaaaaa.

So I haven't read back on what everyone has been talking about but I saw what Silhouette wrote about how eric would comfort Ryan after being shot in the eye with the nail.Aww that would be so sweet him taking care of Ryan telling him he's going to be ok. I think it sucked that Ryan didn't have anyone but Alexx with him and they didn't show anything about his recovery or home afterwards. I think Greg would be so caring with him and try to mother him. Making him soup and getting his bath ready for him. Cleaning his eye, maybe doing eye drops or medicine for him.
So what have I missed? Fill me in so I don't have to read a lot, I still don't have much time, got a lot of unpacking to do..boo hoo.

We've missed you, Twiz.

I kinda think the one you posted Sil is too long. (I'm just going with whatever I'm thinking; it's going to change tomorrow.) I'm really tired and I'm gonna watch both 'Jericho' and 'CSI: NY' on innertube because I'm about to fall asleep at the computer even though I just got on! :lol:

Twiz YOU'RE BACK?? YAY!!!! :D :D Awww we miss you, hun! (Funny, a few posts back I was just wondering when you're gonna be back, and there you are now :D)

Well, too sum it up, we were talking about Ryan/Greg songs and new thread title suggestions (cuz it's getting closer, only about 180 posts left, YAY!!! :D)

Greg caring for hurt!Ryan :D (my heart squee at the thought...) I can't believe someone hasn't made a hurt/comfort RG fic... (Or maybe someone has and I just never read it? Hmmm...)

Yeah it kinda surprised me watching Urban Hellraisers yesterday... no sign of his recovering wound AT ALL! :rolleyes: But you kinda expect it with TPTB...

I think Greg would be so caring with him and try to mother him. Making him soup and getting his bath ready for him. Cleaning his eye, maybe doing eye drops or medicine for him.
Awwww... I LOVE this image, Twiz! Greg taking care of everything, and Ryan being a baby the whole day :D Getting his bath ready? :devil: *head goes into the gutter* :devil:

PS: LOL that's okay, Sandersidle... I guess my name isn't really common eh? :D

YAY Twiz, you're back! *hugs and gives you a RuGged WoNders Smoothie* :D

Aww... that would be so sweet if Greg had to take care of Ryan. He would be like a ray of sunshine when Ryan's feeling all depressed and he'd make him feel better... in more ways than one, if you catch my drift, hehehe... :devil: :lol:

OH, OH, OH!!! OMG, guys! Guess what?

You know that Ryan/Greg ficlet I wrote, "(Don't) Cry Wolfe"? Well, guess what? It got nominated for the 2006 CSI FANFIC AWARDS under the Crossover category!!! SQUEEE!!!!

Doesn't it make you guys happy that a Ryan/Greg fic got nominated? Okay, now I'm not trying to pimp my own work, but... if you enjoyed reading the fic or happened to really love it, why not vote for OUR unique and totally HOTT crossover? *nudges all the RuGged WoNders Lovers out there*

Here's the link for the list of nominations along with the voting rules and guidelines. Just scroll down to Crossover Category, and you'll find my fic there. You vote by e-mail, and it gives you the e-mail address right at the top:

http://community.livejournal.com/csifanficawards/11437.html#cutid1

Oh, and Twiz, 2 of my other works got nominated in there as well, so if you feel inclined to vote for any of these... :D
"The Slow Heat To Heaven" - under WIP-Miami
"Walking The Twisted Line" - under Episode Specific Miami (Ryan/Eric pairing)

So, what did you think? Pretty awesome that this particular crossover pairing got the nom, right? So, come on... show your support for this ship by 'bringing our two sexxies back'!!! No, who's with me? :lol: *raises hand*

Ooh Shadowfax that's so cool!!! Congratulations!!! :D I can't believe a R/G fanfic got nominated, that makes me so happy! YAY!!! :D I'd definitelly vote :)

How many more posts to go? We need a new discussion to boost this up...

Congrates Shadowfax and thanks for the smoothie, I needed it. I will vote for ya too if I can figure it out. I went there and somehow managed to get booted from being online. I'll try again later. How long do we have to vote and when will you know if you won? I think it's awesome a R/G fic got noninated, but it should coming from you Shadow, your awesome.
I like the name of the R/E pairing, walking the twisted line, it should have a Z in it though....

Twiztid4Togo said:
I like the name of the R/E pairing, walking the twisted line, it should have a Z in it though....

:lol: Hahahaha... I'm a bit slow today. I just now got what you're trying to say here. :lol:

Aww, thanks Twiz and Sil! *huggles both of you* *blushes* :eek: I know! It is awesome that an R/G fic would get nominated! It's a great way to spread the hotness of 2 sizzling guys! :D

I went to the site again and you can vote until October 6.

You vote through e-mail and not through LJ, so all you have to do is send an e-mail to this address (copy and paste it):

csi.fanfic.awards@gmail.com

And then paste this text onto the body of your e-mail so they know which story and category you're voting for:

Crossover = Shadowfax27: (Don't) Cry Wolfe - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3110615/1/

I'm not sure when I'd know whether or not I won. I believe they're supposed to send out an e-mail to the people who won. It would probably take them a few days to tally up the votes after the voting closes, but I would hope that they would post the list of winners on their website, so that everyone can see the results.

Thanks for voting, guys! Let's see if Greg and Ryan's hotness could win the crossover category! :devil: :D

RuGged WoNders Rule!!! :lol:

That's sooo awesome! However, I can't vote. My computer gets messed up whenever I try to send emails like that.
Or do you mean to copy and paste the email... OHHH!!! I GETS IT NOW!!

I'm very tired and I'm staying up especially to get my fill of Greg. I got my fill of Ryan on Monday and Tuesday, because of Innertube, now I'm waiting on CBS to show the season premiere... and I just thought of two thread names (the second one has two options): 'Ryan/Greg #2: Our Dirty Little Secret' and 'Ryan/Greg #2: Because You're Mine, I Walk The Line' or just plain 'Ryan/Greg #2: I Walk The Line'.

Yes, just copy and paste the e-mail address to the 'To:' field and do the same copy and paste thing of the category/title/name in the body of your text. Really simple, I'd say. :D

Silhouette *whispers* Um... did you get a chance to read that other dark-themed fic in the other thread? */whisper* Oooh, can you tell me how close you are to the airport in Jakarta?

So, I just watched the CSI Season Premiere, and I was so disappointed that Greg didn't get enough screen time. I think I probably saw him briefly in one scene. :(

Aww, if Greg were to get a job in Miami, do you guys think he would be CSI or DNA tech? Which job do you think would be more compatible with Ryan being a CSI?

Welcome back Twiz, we've certainly missed you :)

I like all of the song suggestions :D

Hmm I want Greg being a CSI, so he could work with Ryan in the lab and outside (in the field) :) Do you think if they work together, would they keep the relationship a secret? Could it affect their work?
You know, they could possibly lose their concentration on the case having each other around... even the investigation table would look inviting... you know Ryan likes pushing things aside to get some :devil: :lol: But really, he can't put evidence aside. I mean, it's evidence! They could contaminate it!!!

... uh, think I'm a little hyper today :lol: don't mind me

Oh in Ryan/Jon's thread we were talking about decontamination shower... Man I'd LOVE to see Ryan and Greg dragged out of a contiminated crime scene by Hazmat, stripped off, and have to have decontamination shower together :devil: (Greg would probably roll his eyes "Not again!" :lol: though he's actually enjoying it :lol:)

Oh just reminded to read that fic, Shadowfax, I will if I have time this weekend :) Anyway, I'm posibbly about, 2 hours drive, from the airport. :D Not to mention the crazy traffic during busy hours (it's unbelievable). Why?

'Our Dirty Little Secret'? :lol: Love that title AND that song (All American Rejects!!! :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back