"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Re: go TQ!

......uh, do you mean the live feed from the coffin? Cuz if you do, Archie briefly explained it was being sent through a large number of anonymous ISPs, meaning every time the 2 minute feed ran out and they clicked again, it came from a different signal. Tracing ISPs is different than cell phone tracking. But the pattern of the anonymous ISPs had narrowed down the search area for Nicky.

BTW - To any mod, I know this is a lot to ask seeing as how this site is so jam packed with excited fans, but there's a few spoilers over in the General Discussion sub forum with some misleading thread names...I know Dynamo1 popped in real fast but I'd hate to have them spoil the finale for some people.......

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Not a reply, but rather a question......will the season finale episode be re-broadcast at any time? Had to work and thus was unable to view same. Any help would be appreciated, although with all the postings re the episode, I feel I've already seen it! Thanks in advance.

3. emilyfan

emilyfan Rookie

I think it's possible it could be on the Thursday before the season 6 premiere, but I'm just guessing

4. Guest

Guest Guest

When Catherine finds Gregg's loction at the nursery, she sees the vent pipes and kneels down and digs a little bit and picks up a cell phone with a wire attatched which goes down to the video camera in the coffin. She then yells out, "He's here!" There's no way that battery lasted over 12 hours, period.

5. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Hmmmm, I didn't look like a cell-phone. But we know it was the live feed transmitter. Perhaps the larger part she picked up was a specially made battery used for long term use. The kidnapper would have had to be prepared. :D

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yep i noticed that, but we can only work the forums our names are listed on, so that is Baba's Territory, all we can do is help along with letting people know not to do that, other then 'Baba' the only others is 'Christian' or 'Tbonz' who can do anything there.
    It would be the same for Baba here in this forum, if that were to happen.

In reguards to the cell phone, i have one and to be honest i live in ohio when i call 911 on it (i tried as a test run) i am routed through tennessee, back through to ohio, and even then i have to give my location for them to alert the correct authorities.
    Thing is with this is not all states have the technology to zoom in on a location, and i think that is what they show was also trying to prove.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Looked like a cell phone to me.What exactly is a live feed transmitter? I've never seen or heard of one. Besides, anything that transmits can be traced, triangulated, and traced.

8. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Lol, Baba's proabably still traumatized from panicking about the finale for over a month. :lol: :lol:

Have we made sure she hasn't passed out or something?

Lol, anyway...Wow about the cell phone tracking bit. I wonder if there's a way to better response time besides the rerouting through other states... And what are you doing calling 911 for no reason? Lol :lol:. "But sir, I'm just testing the scientific correctness of CSI." :lol:

9. MedicWarrickLvr

MedicWarrickLvr Coroner

***Still Scratching****

Where the heck is Baba anyways??? We gotta talk about the ants.......

eeeeewwwwwwww

Ask a real 911 dispatcher about trying to trace a cell phone.........we deal with that alot and lemme tell you, like Destiny said with hers........you may very well get routed through TenBuckTwo before it gets to the right place!

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Labrat101 i found away around the re-routing i have a list of numbers to each of the local agencies around me that i just dial, it might be extra couple seconds but it beats the time it takes with reroute, guess the local authority, and where your located (which sucks if your lost). :lol:

*looks for Baba spots her rocking back and forth in the corner mumbling "he lived, all is right, he lived all is right", walks over* Baba sweetie yes he lived yes all is right now fresh rice crispy treats. :D *Watches her snap out of it*

11. awesomeredhead

awesomeredhead CSI Level Two

WOW! 140 posts already!? That's amazing!

First of all, I have to say that I really enjoyed the episode. There were a few times there when I was literally on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. There were a few dry spots and I was wondering at times why everyone was just sitting around, but overall it was definately one of the all time best eps.

I really liked how everyone pretty much got equal screen time. We got to see all of the characters reactions. I disagree about Grissom being emotionless. I rather seemed to think he was very emotional, in a very Grissom-esque way. You could really tell that he was about to just break. And his line "I want my guys back" was just so great. You could just feel it.

What can I say about Conrad Ecklie? He just absolutely floored me tonight. He put his ass on the line for the lab? For Grissom? For Nick? That was amazing. I'm starting to come around to that guy. I have a newfound respect for him. I really think he'll put the team back together next season.

Nicky!! GE is SUCH a great actor. Where would the show be without him? He just makes you feel Nick's pain through the entire episode. GE is just awesome.

Loved the ep! I can't wait until next season!

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Basically, a live feed transmitter sends a signal, be it video or audio, using satelite or cable/internet technology. I suppose thats why the cell phone was used as the transmitter, it has satelite capabilities. As for the ISP's and the transmitter being tracked, it was eventually found. But my guess is that because of all of the changed ISP's acted as a way of 'scrambling' the signal.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

No, he got that from when Nick's dad brought it up with that 'what've you gotten yourself into' comment... I think ... I know it was that scene...

My goodness, though. That ep ROCKED! QT did a marvelous job. The bit at the end... the explosion... I mean talk about fast thinking on Grissom's part. OMG! I about died.

I don't think I've ever been that into ANYTHING. At all... No blinking... so many tears... Ahhh... *falls over* Okay, I'm okay...

The last scene, though... Nick... going to that girl... talk about amazing... I couldn't have done that. He had trouble, but my Gods he did it. *hugs him* I swear... poor Nicky, but you can't help but be so amazed at him. Proud.

Yeah... *ahem*.... Yeah... *dies*

14. speedlefan1

speedlefan1 Lab Technician

I know I am little late posting but, I just have to say that the season finale was incredible... I just love it. There was so many thing in this eppy that I love but, I'm not gonna bore ya with them so I will just name a few.

1. I love the locker room scence with Nick and Warrick they have such great chemistry together..
    2. Gris when he was talking to Nick in the box I was about to cry cuz the emotions that he show was so true and especially when he called him Poncho.
    3. I actually am beginning to like Hodges and Ecklie after this eppy.
    4. The Autopsy Room scence was pure QT I mean i know it was gonna be a little gore in it with a healthy dose of comic relief.

I can't till next season to began

Gris:I Want My Boys Back

[​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Incredible episode! wow, what that must have felt like for nick! being trapped inside a box, condensed. the feeling must have been unimaginable. and the ants... eeek!

when they were digging the first time they thought they had him, they found the dog. but how come nick heard the sound at the exact same time? was it because the pressure outside was being pressed against the box?

when does season 6 start???