"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

Hey, I'm somewhat new here, never posted but check the site all the time. OK, Nick was underground for 12 hours before the ransom request, so how long do you think he was there total? Did they ever say? 'Cause I can't believe he was under there that long.... Oh, and Warrick saying he couldn't have lasted that long, that he would have (puts fingers to head like gun)...that about broke me ....
Eads did a WONDERFUL job! I agree on the Emmy!

I loved the episode as well. I thought the ending would have been more effective with it ending right after Gris says "I want my guys back" But I can also see why they ended it the way they did. What do you all think Nick meant by "Don't take it with you". I think he meant for her not to be bitter and hold a grudge against other people. Maybe help her get her life back together once she is out. Nick is all about helping people and I think even after all he went through he still thought of others and that is totally Nick.

Posted by Techman:
I fell alseep...what prison thing?

You FELL ASLEEP? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry..........that was cute. I couldn't have fallen asleep if I'd tried......

Course when I have to be at work at 6 AM in the morning, I may be falling asleep starting IV's..........

Posted by Bailey17:
A very emotionally fragile Nicky goes to visit the daughter, Kelly, in prison. She doesn't want to talk him at first, but he tells he not to take it with her when she leaves. I'm assuming he means the hurt and anger from abuse.
Nick has a daughter?

Posted by MedicWarrickLvr:
Posted by Techman:
I fell alseep...what prison thing?

You FELL ASLEEP? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sorry..........that was cute. I couldn't have fallen asleep if I'd tried......

Course when I have to be at work at 6 AM in the morning, I may be falling asleep starting IV's..........
Sue me...I'm old.

Posted by Techman:
Posted by Bailey17:
A very emotionally fragile Nicky goes to visit the daughter, Kelly, in prison. She doesn't want to talk him at first, but he tells he not to take it with her when she leaves. I'm assuming he means the hurt and anger from abuse.
Nick has a daughter?

Kelly was the kidnapper's daughter. Nick went to see her in prison.

But you never find out the full knowledge that the daughter had. what did her father tell her when he last visited her? was he really seeking revenge for his loved daughter? did he love her? He stopped visiting her when she went into prison and only visited before the whole nick-kidnapping thing.
you never find out too much about the 'criminals' in this episode, which is upsetting. maybe we might hear about them in season 6? hopefully....

Re: go TQ!

Posted by pb32:
When Catherine finds Gregg's loction at the nursery, she sees the vent pipes and kneels down and digs a little bit and picks up a cell phone with a wire attatched which goes down to the video camera in the coffin. She then yells out, "He's here!" There's no way that battery lasted over 12 hours, period.
Bit of a typo maybe?
Catherine found Nick's location- not Greg's because it was Nick who was buried alive...again not Greg.

Yeah, that it totally Nick's character. But then reading that new interview on the files here, George Eads was talking about how he thinks Nick is gettig to the breaking point with all of the life and death stuff, and how he might need a break. And considering how upset he was at the prison (granted, we don't know how long after they dug him up it was), I'm wondering if Stokes is taking a break next season. I hope not!!

This show had so much emotion in it, especially between Nick and Warrick. That performance is totally Emmy worthy. This is the first time I've ever cried during a "CSI" episode!

Posted by Bailey17:
This show had so much emotion in it, especially between Nick and Warrick. That performance is totally Emmy worthy. This is the first time I've ever cried during a "CSI" episode!
Same here...but it was because I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 15 minutes into "Without a Trace." :mad:

He (the father) found out that his daughter was being traded off in the lesbian sex trade in prison by her cell mate, and I had assumed that was why he had stopped coming to see her. His little girl was in prison, he must have loved her but couldn't stand to see her in that position. Could you watch someone you loved do something like that? You'd want to get even with whoever put her there, right? Whoever helped to put her there too?

I'm thinking perhaps he visited her right before the kidnapping (or some time before the kidnapping) because regardless of how much it pained him to see her in those conditions, being used like she was, she was still his daughter. Everything was well planned out and thought of in this kidnapping, it probably took a lot of time to think of and organize. He probably knew that he was going to kill himself to further protect her, so none of this would get back to her and keep her in jail longer. He was doing this all for her anyway, why ruin things for her? Maybe he just wanted to say goodbye without really letting her know what he was going to do? She seemed like she genuinely did not know that he was the mastermind behind all of this.

Just a theory.

Well, at least you found out what happened! :) Be thankful you don't live abroad, I heard they're only on the Sherlock Holmes episode right now.

Rock on Zuiker, Mendelsohn and Tarantino!! Thank you for two amazing hours of the best show around. While some may be hard to please, I am COMPLETLEY FREAKING SATISFIED!!!
First off--Catherine going to her dad for the money? A totally unselfish move that raised her quotient with me.

Ecklie? Dude, you get a pass for at least the first week of next season--or until your next weaslie act!

Grissom--that whole "Poncho" and hand to hand sequence was incredible. I would have been disappointed had there been a more phony show of emotion from him.

Warrick--beautiful job my man!

Sara--the run through the lab for the case file? And then the finger slam/point on the map locating Nick? Perfect.

Nick--George Eads, I am so glad you got to flex your acting muscles. You were amazing.

Finally, I loved the classic Tarantino sequence on the autopsy table--he brought his style to the scientific hallucinatory reaction Nick was having. I didn't see it as comic relief--I saw it as the scattered, disjointed thinking of a man trapped in a box, a totally surreal incident in itself. And Nicky's visit to the prison? Totally in character. And as far as the daughter is concerned--I just watched it for the second time, and she's smiling when she's back in her cell. Check it out, see what you think . I think she did know what her dad was up to, and probably could have helped them find Nick faster. I thought the season 4 finale was awesome with the guy that was a Chimera, but this one way out did it! :lol:

Posted by GC_Mass_Spec:
Rock on Zuiker, Mendelsohn and Tarantino!! Thank you for two amazing hours of the best show around. While some may be hard to please, I am COMPLETLEY FREAKING SATISFIED!!!
First off--Catherine going to her dad for the money? A totally unselfish move that raised her quotient with me.

Ecklie? Dude, you get a pass for at least the first week of next season--or until your next weaslie act!

Grissom--that whole "Poncho" and hand to hand sequence was incredible. I would have been disappointed had there been a more phony show of emotion from him.

Warrick--beautiful job my man!

Sara--the run through the lab for the case file? And then the finger slam/point on the map locating Nick? Perfect.

Nick--George Eads, I am so glad you got to flex your acting muscles. You were amazing.

Finally, I loved the classic Tarantino sequence on the autopsy table--he brought his style to the scientific hallucinatory reaction Nick was having. I didn't see it as comic relief--I saw it as the scattered, disjointed thinking of a man trapped in a box, a totally surreal incident in itself. And Nicky's visit to the prison? Totally in character. And as far as the daughter is concerned--I just watched it for the second time, and she's smiling when she's back in her cell. Check it out, see what you think . I think she did know what her dad was up to, and probably could have helped them find Nick faster. I thought the season 4 finale was awesome with the guy that was a Chimera, but this one way out did it! :lol:

Hey, hey, don't forget Hodges, he saved the day!! He figured out that there were bombs in the box!!

Back