"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

Hey all, I'm a new poster. I thought the episode was great! It was nice to see some inner depth to the characters. When Nick grabbed Warrick's hand and they were both crying at the end, the tears started streaming down my face!

Posted by xforce11:
GREAT EP. Did Gil learn Nick's Nickname from lipreading? Loved the fact eveyone joined in and Ecklie seemed human. We miss so much of the characters personality and background in regular eps. This extended ep gave us insight to the people of CSI.
No...his father let it slip...he mumbled "Ahh, Poncho...what have you gotten yourself into, now."

Grissom heard it.

I thought that the pressure was caving in on the box, so that's why Nick thought they were diggig for him.

Posted by katelemon:
Random question I had - if they weren't digging up Nick when they dug up the dog - then why was he hearing things that would suggest that they were digging him up at that time?

And what caused the box/"coffin" to all of a sudden shatter?

I'm wondering the same exact thing myself. I've watched it a few times but I don't understand it either. Only thing I can think of is someone was standing on his coffin at the same time they were digging up the dog in that building. I thouht that was very strange myself. I guess it was just a way to build up more suspense in thinking they found him. The Webcam transimission I didn't like either. I undersand they still needed a general area to look in. I Just kinda thought that was wierd.

god, that scene (first digging) was sure a good way to get your heart beat so fast and then go "ARGHHH!!!!"

Yeah, I looked at the clock to see what time it was, and realized there was no way they were finding him at that point.

Couple points, short and quick:

1. Boy, was Nick lucky that that backhoe was there.

2. Boy, was Nick lucky they had the KEYS for the backhoe.

3. I think Warrick's kicking over the oil jug? and spilling it allowed Greg to notice it was seeping into the ground.

4. Good episode, I thought... until the part where Nick went to the prison. That bit was rather unsatisfying, I thought. Must have been at least a few weeks or so, cause Nick looked in perfect health.

5. I wonder what Nick said to Grissom when he was talking into the tape recorder - they cut to Grissom watching him, reading his lips, and saying "You never did, Nicky."

6. Boy, Sam is gonna have a fit when he gets that blood soaked cash back. He's gonna have to find a way to launder all that money. :D

I think he said sometihng to the exten that he was sorry that he let him down, that seems to be the general consenus. Yeah, the prison thing didn't satisfy me.

I (and I find a lot of other people too, just by reading these postings) were a little surprised that Grissom didn't show more emotion. Gris is the freakin' rock of the show. If he had burst into tears and broken down into a gooey mess, the rest of them would have certainly followed suit.

Some thoughts:

-very different episode, but very good-bravo Tarantino
-that dream autopsy sequence was quintessential Tarantino
-we finally meet the lab director!
-why did the guy ask for the $mil if he just blew himself up (and, in a weird sort of way, you kinda had to feel sorry for him)
-did you notice that when Grissom said "I want my guys back," Ecklie seemed to be thinking "maybe"?

Calling Nick "Poncho" and placing his hand on the glass was probably as much emotion we'll ever see from Grissom! :) I would have like to have seen a tear or two, like we did with Warrick, but the "Poncho" thing was sweet.

Posted by Bailey17:
I think he said sometihng to the exten that he was sorry that he let him down, that seems to be the general consenus. Yeah, the prison thing didn't satisfy me.
According to a story on this site, Nick said "Grissom, I never meant to disappoint you"

I fell alseep...what prison thing?

A very emotionally fragile Nicky goes to visit the daughter, Kelly, in prison. She doesn't want to talk him at first, but he tells he not to take it with her when she leaves. I'm assuming he means the hurt and anger from abuse.

Back