"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoi

I swear his scream/cries when he was in the coffin were so real it was disturbing!

Disturbing indeed. Watching that promo with his scream at the end sent a chill down my spine. His co-workers were lucky that Walter Gordon didn't put a microphone in the box; hearing Nick would be ten times as horrendous as just watching him. *shudders*

I still don't know how I feel about the ending. It makes sense plot-wise and character-wise, but it just feels wrong to end the season with a shot of a guest star. It would have been more emotionally satisfying if there had been another shot of, say, Nick walking to his car where his friends are waiting. Five seconds is all it takes. *sighs* But who am I to nitpick? The episode is still awesome.

Okay, it's been a while since I watched the finale and I was a bit disappointed. Yes, yes, George did a fine job but here are a few things that annoyed me.

1. The stupid nickname: Pancho
If it had been brought up in other seasons it would have made some sense. But personally I thought it was so stupid. He calls his daddy Cisco. Please. Again some earlier reference in other eps. would have been better and Grissom calling him Pancho to get his attention. gak.

2. If his parents were as well known and respected (big judge in Texas). How is it they could only come up with 20 grand. Heck I'm low-mid class income and I could come up with that. What a lousy scene they had too. Long enough for dad to call Nick Pancho.

3. The cop that left Nick unattended, he didn't look like a rookie and he'd been at the crime scene for a bit. One would think he wouldn't need to go off after Nick arrives to toss his cookies. How is it that he didn't notice Nick being carried off? Peripheral vision, commotion, what kind of a loser cop was this?

4. The light in the coffin. For CSI's they weren't very observant. Hey look, every time the light comes on we blind Nick. Gee, let's do it again and again so we can watch him die!!

Okay, I think that's all the bitching about that episode that I have in me today.

Otherwise it was just fine.

If it had been brought up in other seasons it would have made some sense. But personally I thought it was so stupid. He calls his daddy Cisco. Please. Again some earlier reference in other eps. would have been better and Grissom calling him Pancho to get his attention. gak.

On the other hand, you can see why Nick wouldn't necessarily want it to be common knowledge that his dad calls him Pancho... :D

On the other hand, you can see why Nick wouldn't necessarily want it to be common knowledge that his dad calls him Pancho... :D

I agree. Why on earth would Nick ever tell anyone that his dad calls him Pancho? What purpose would that serve? I mean, what, one day they're all talking and Nick randomly reveals that his dad calls him Pancho? LOL!!!! It makes perfect sense for it to never have been referenced on the show.

Not to mention, it's clearly a childhood nickname, and how many of us want our friends and colleagues to know what silly if affectionate nicknames we used and were called as kids? I mean, my father used to call me "turnip," because, quite frankly, I resembled one. But I can only disclose it here since no one here knows me personally. LOL. I wouldn't, for the life of me, tell that to my nearest and dearest friends so they can mock me to all eternity! :)

Jane

And my friend who nicknamed his daughters "Porkchop" and "Backhoe"...

:D

3. The cop that left Nick unattended, he didn't look like a rookie and he'd been at the crime scene for a bit. One would think he wouldn't need to go off after Nick arrives to toss his cookies. How is it that he didn't notice Nick being carried off? Peripheral vision, commotion, what kind of a loser cop was this?

[/QUOTE]That I have to agree with. How could he not have seen what happened? It didn't look like Nick was out of sight. He was further down the alley but it looked like the cop would have seen some commotion if he heard something and he probably could have enough time to at least see what was happened. It must have taken time for Gordon to overpower Nick with the ether, drag him to the van, take his vest off and place it near the evidence markers before getting away. Plus he didn't hear a vehicle pull away or notice in which direction it went. I think it would have been better if Gordon overpowered the cop first. It bugged me when Gordon was able to take Nick so easily.

Kasey

Yes indeed I was "punkin" untill my teen years to my Dad......

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

releasing from tack so the two eps don't get confused.

I'm probably the only person that was not thrilled with this show. Too many loop holes, too many inside QT jokes, too many impossibilities, too much lack of common sense and don't get me start on the fire ants screw up. I found it a huge let down, but that was on same level for 80 % of season 5 – sub-par story telling. Hope they have a better crop of writers for season 6.

I say "amen" to you. George has an amazing performance, Quentin got the best of each actor. I saw GD in June and almost every day I think about it. Grave Danger was one of the best TV Shows I've ever seen, I still involved in...

^^ You're not alone. Around the time it aired, it was pretty much always on my mind, and I've never, ever, been so obssessed about a TV show before. :D Even now I don't look at the old episodes the same way.

You're not alone. After all the discussion and anticipation it was very anti climatic for me. Not enough continuity. They wanted to do too much in 2hours. Okay, let's throw the parents in here and then we won't see them again. Too much hype and build up.

Season 5 was a let down too. I watch the first 4 seasons all the time but wasn't as interested in this past season. Hope 6 is better.

I disagree. Season 5 kept my interest the most. They had a lot more interesting cases, and I think the characters got more interesting as well. Hopefully Season 6 does go even BETTER though! :D

Please tell me they're gonna re-run this...it's the ONLY CSI:LV ep I haven't seen and my VCR was non-cooperative that night (I wasn't home)...anyone think they'll run it again before Season 6 starts?

--Robin

Back