"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoilers***

LOL! That's cute Kristen!

I personally, want to HAVE Warrick and BE Catherine!

Then again by that token, if you were Catherine you could have either..or both!

LOL!

However, one little thought occured to me. CSI has always been about cases and I don't want them ever to change that. But just like in season's four "Jackpot" solo Grissom eppy, and even "Hollywood Brass", it would be nice that sometime we could see an entire eppy where Warrick and Nick work a case together, maybe out of town..or something and in the mean time, just because its the two of them they could open up to each other about what happened during GD, and perhaps each guy might be able to help the other heal.

Kristen

Yeah, I could totally dig that. But then all the fans of the others would complain! :lol:

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoi

I just watched that interview on CBS site too, and GE said something along the lines of how he didn't want to be in a box and get covered with ants, but he looked forward to the challenge. So does that mean he was covered with actual ants? Ouch!:eek: I always assumed they (or at least most of them) were CGI.

Oh, and what a shame Kristy is dead; otherwise I want to be her and then I would definitely have Nick. :D

I heard that too LEMON GRASS. If been bitten by ants, (in my old house in Garson Ont. we had an ant infestation and those little buggers can hurt!) Lets hope that they were CGI if not KUDOS to George Eads for putting up with them. :D

I agree I liked Kristy, I wish they didn't kill her. :(

I didn't like Kristy. Even for a prostitute, she had no class. :p

Just discovered an interview on the CBS website with Eads (who I find is quite a charming guy and pretty smart) and he talked about how and Taratino did the scenes in the coffin one on one. Eads remarked how they finally got into Nick's character a little more.

Which kind of points into a discussion..I think Nick has been an undermined character all these years. They spent some time with him for the first two seasons and then the focus became on Grissom and Sarah and Warrick. I think it's a shame because Nick is an interesting character. I'm not criticizing the other characters, but if they spend one more season on those three alone..I'm out of there..I want more Nick in the show because he's undiscovered territory. Last year when they fired Eads and Fox I was ticked off and wrote to CBS (something I never, ever do in my life) and complained how they took away two characters that represented Gen Xers and left the show with two boomers, and left one Xer I dont care for, and then a Gen Yer (Greg).so I wasn't going to watch.

I'm bored with the other characters now. I love them, but it's time for Nick to shine..

So slam me all you want guys..that's how I feel and I'm entitled to it..I'm Grissomed and Sarah out mostly because nothing has been done to put them together..I'm Catherined out because I'm tired of the "Single Mom..Bitch"character..I'm a single mom and believe me I don't carry a chip on my shoulder. I'm in my mid 30s, but don't have Sarah's pessism. Nick is my fave because he is optimisitc, spiritual and kind-hearted(and I'm ot going to pull his heart out of his chest). Nick is forgiving of other people's ill will towards him as am I. I don't carry grudges and I would have also said to Kelly Gordon, "Don't take it with you."

Nick brings a human element to the show which has been lacking over the years with Catherine's "woe is me", Sarah's "I love Grissom,but he doesn't want me." And Warrick's gambling problem. Grissom has turned into Shrek..I"m surprised he doesn't yell at Sarah (donkey)"Get of my swamp!!!"

Greg used to entertain me..but he's too serious..he was comical relief.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest..folks..I promise to not take up too much more time..
I agree with what you say. I'm all too familiar with the way shows treat some characters. My favorite show before CSI is Stargate and my favorite character,Daniel, reminds me so much of Nick. Both seem to be the human element of their teams who are pushed aside because the writers are more interested in their pet characters. It's a shame that the writers didn't follow through with after effects from Overload and Stalker. Hopefully after what a great job George did in the finale, the writers will finally pay attention to Nick in Season 6.

Kasey

I heard that too LEMON GRASS. If been bitten by ants, (in my old house in Garson Ont. we had an ant infestation and those little buggers can hurt!) Lets hope that they were CGI if not KUDOS to George Eads for putting up with them. :D

/quote]

I am willing to bet that some of the ants were CGI and some were real. But I highly doubt the real ones were the biting variety.

There are other non-biting ant species out there that George could be comfortably cooped up in a box with.

Stunt ants! :D

Kasey did you just say you love Stargate? because I do too! Best SCI-FI series in ages *tries to ignore the hacking coughs and people rolling of their computer chairs in disagreement :lol:*

But back to CSI - I agree with you I love Grissom, Sara and Catherine but I know too much about their backgrounds and squat about Nick and Warrick, that's the reason I went of CSI in S3 & S4 because there just wasn't enough Nick or Warrick storylines, and to be even more honest the whole idea of getting back into this show was finding out that Nick was to get kidnapped and buried alive and that it was an emotional episode where the other main characters showed how much Nick means to them... thats why I'm watching CSI again because its something I'm interested in.

I really dislike the GSR stuff, Grissom showing how much he cares for Sara, Catherine and Warrick, and not seeming to care about Nick or Greg as much... to be honest with you I'm going to hate the C/W stuff too but you know if it happens I can't do anything about it... I just want more backstory on Nick, with team bonding added to it... continuity for GD is crucial if not it will be really bad.

*sigh* I can't believe I shared that but its been on my chest for ages :)

Just discovered an interview on the CBS website with Eads (who I find is quite a charming guy and pretty smart) and he talked about how and Taratino did the scenes in the coffin one on one. Eads remarked how they finally got into Nick's character a little more.

Which kind of points into a discussion..I think Nick has been an undermined character all these years. They spent some time with him for the first two seasons and then the focus became on Grissom and Sarah and Warrick. I think it's a shame because Nick is an interesting character. I'm not criticizing the other characters, but if they spend one more season on those three alone..I'm out of there..I want more Nick in the show because he's undiscovered territory. Last year when they fired Eads and Fox I was ticked off and wrote to CBS (something I never, ever do in my life) and complained how they took away two characters that represented Gen Xers and left the show with two boomers, and left one Xer I dont care for, and then a Gen Yer (Greg).so I wasn't going to watch.

I'm bored with the other characters now. I love them, but it's time for Nick to shine..

So slam me all you want guys..that's how I feel and I'm entitled to it..I'm Grissomed and Sarah out mostly because nothing has been done to put them together..I'm Catherined out because I'm tired of the "Single Mom..Bitch"character..I'm a single mom and believe me I don't carry a chip on my shoulder. I'm in my mid 30s, but don't have Sarah's pessism. Nick is my fave because he is optimisitc, spiritual and kind-hearted(and I'm ot going to pull his heart out of his chest). Nick is forgiving of other people's ill will towards him as am I. I don't carry grudges and I would have also said to Kelly Gordon, "Don't take it with you."

Nick brings a human element to the show which has been lacking over the years with Catherine's "woe is me", Sarah's "I love Grissom,but he doesn't want me." And Warrick's gambling problem. Grissom has turned into Shrek..I"m surprised he doesn't yell at Sarah (donkey)"Get of my swamp!!!"

Greg used to entertain me..but he's too serious..he was comical relief.

Thank you for letting me get this off my chest..folks..I promise to not take up too much more time..
I agree with what you say. I'm all too familiar with the way shows treat some characters. My favorite show before CSI is Stargate and my favorite character,Daniel, reminds me so much of Nick. Both seem to be the human element of their teams who are pushed aside because the writers are more interested in their pet characters. It's a shame that the writers didn't follow through with after effects from Overload and Stalker. Hopefully after what a great job George did in the finale, the writers will finally pay attention to Nick in Season 6.

Kasey

Alittle off topic but StarGate SG1 is filmed in and around the lower mainland of B.C. In fact its not uncommon if your walking, running or biking through some of the more remote regions of Stanley Park to see them filming. On occasion when I've watched it I've seen joggers and bicyclists in the background. Oh and just to let you know the new show Grey's Anatomy is filmed in the same hospital that I work at. Cool eh? :)

Now back to the topic on hand, Nick and Sara. Now I'm not one for soap operas and I don't watch shows that are. (Sorry Sandra! ;) ) And I am currently very happy with seeing all the SNICKER romance on the fan-fic sites. However if Sara did hug and kiss Nick in a comforting way and they fell asleep next to each other, Thats would be the cherry on top of my sundae! :D

Thanks for your feedback guys. And believe me I don't think I want CSI to turn into a soap opera, but there is definately an inbalance on character reprsentation. The past two years, Grissom has turned into a curmudgeon. I love the early days with his passion and drive to continue to learn and teach. Now he's a (don't shoot me, at least let me jump into Nick's coffin with him in it)grumpy old man.

If those ants were real..yowch..talk about sacrific for your craft..I wonder if Eads needed a stiff drink after filming that scene. Some one pass me the rye he probably called out after the scene. Taratino is a masochist!

I hope the CSI writers read our posts and at least take what we say into consideration. It's our show..they produce, but without us viewers..it's nothing..

*tries to picture Grissom grumpy* Nah can't picture it :), but then I've seen episodes in S5 where he's just plain unhappy, but that might have something to do with the splitting up of the team... maybe or more like hopefully.

Okay, I wanted to pose this question to you guys. I saw it on another site and was interested to see what people thought. Here it is:

When Walter Gordon asked Grissom if he and Nick were close, Grissom did not want to talk about it. Was it because, as he stated, it wasn't any of Gordon's business or was it because he knew that he and Nick weren't that close and he felt guilty about it?

Frankly, I think that they could both be true. Grissom's never been one to really express his feelings or talk about personal stuff and he's definitely not going to do it with someone who's kidnapped his guy. However, I don't think that Nick and Grissom are close. I think Nick tried to get close to Grissom in the first couple of seasons, but Grissom would have none of it. We've seen Grissom hold Warrick's hand as he battled his gambling addiction and he all but admitted in S1 that Warrick was his favorite CSI. He and Catherine are close which is pretty obvious. He and Sara have this private relationship that's unique all on it's own even if no romantic undertones were present. Like Nick, Grissom gives Greg a hard time somtimes but he also is encouraging and supportive. That's not really the case with Nick. I think that Nick has stopped trying to get approval from Grissom for the most part and I think part of that is due to the fact that Grissom doesn't really pay attention to Nick unless he's giving him a hard time. Perhaps, when Gordon posed this question, Grissom actually thought about his relationship or lack there of with Nick and realized that they didn't have much of one and that it was partly his fault. What do you guys think?

Some good points PONCHOLIVES However I would have to disagree. I think Grissom holds Nick in high esteem. (episodes for comparison: Pilot, Chasing the Bus, High and Low, Eleven Angry Jurors, ect.) I do have to say that Grissom calls Nick on his mistakes more, and in Evaluation Day, it seems that Grissom is being unfair when in turn he's not. His brutal honesty about Nick at the time is showing Nick that he respects him and is not trying to put him down, but to bring him up to the CSI that we all know and love. I think that Grissom and Nick's relationship has evolved to one where when the team split, Grissom told Warrick and Nick that even though they are going there seperate ways, he feels the utmost confidence in both of them. (If the team split happened at any other junction than I don't think Grissom would be so sure that Nick could make it on his own.) Even with Grave Danger, Nick's spirit, determination and pure will to live was stronger than the rest of them, and I think Grissom saw that. I am hoping though in season 6, Grissom and Nick resolve some issues, Nick's self esteem around Grissom for example. And that they both start healing and moving on from the torture that Nick and Grissom both endured during Nick's burial. Anyways, just my opinion. :)

Back