"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: what nick said that was muted

Snarkiness... but that's not a cool thing :D

By the way how did poor Archie react to Nicky being buried alive? I mean the poor guy was trying to figure out where the IP is so he'd have stared at a panicky Nick for most of his work shift.

Did I mention how much I adore Archie?

Archie was emotional. He was crying when Warrick walked in and asked how Nick was doing........ :(

Archie cried? :(

Have you guys ever wondered how Cath and Gil found out about Nick's disappearance and how they'd have reacted before they showed up at the crime scene? because I do...

Yep. His voice was all cracked and everything. :( That's one of the things I loved about this episode. It didn't just affect the main characters. It hit the supporting characters also.

Sounds like Hodges had a rough time dealing with Nick's abduction/torture (and any other words I missed out on)...

I love Hodges, and seeing him show that he cares about the CSIs is really sweet.

Archie - is one in a million, so I really shouldn't be too shocked to know that he was very upset.

Have you guys ever wondered how Cath and Gil found out about Nick's disappearance and how they'd have reacted before they showed up at the crime scene? because I do...

This is a missing scene that I would love to see someone do a fic for.....its right up there with one showing a tearful, meaningful reunion at the hospital with Nick, his parents and the rest of the team.

I understand why they showed Nicky metting with Daughter of Psycho Dad but they should have had *something*.

Yeah it should have been about the people who love and care for Nick, not someone who doesn't give a hoot... I mean we all know that Nicky gives a hoot about nearly everything.

I'm thinking 'hoot' seems to be my favourite word of the evening... I'll go now *hangs head*

Hey, great minds think alike, I use "hoot" all the time.

I actually use a lot of phrases that would sound more appropriate coming from someone older than me by a decade or two.

My family and friends are always looking at me funny.

I'm used to it.

This may be a little OT and probably shouldn't be discussed here but I found this link on my favorite websites (yep, I'm a snopes-phile, too!) and thought it might interest someone.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/gruesome/buried.htm

If anybody is already uber-creeped out by Nick being buried alive, proceed with caution. Since there's a lot of speculation as to his reaction to his situation, these are actual cases.

Hmmm interesting........ Just don't e-mail this page to CBS. This would certainly give George nightmares.

I think its alittle bit of both. Judging the relationship that Nick has with his own father, maybe in Nick's mind, he is lacking a paternal figure. So he tries to be the son that he could never be to his own father. (But then again in GRAVE DANGER, he feels that even he has disappointed Grissom.) I hope they explore this dynamic in season 6, it should make for some intense moments.
I think it's more that Nick is always trying to get approval from the parental figures in his life, be it his own father or Grissom, I think because it makes him feel accomplished and satisfied with himself. On CBS's character profile things it says, "...Nick Stokes was born into law enforcement. His father worked as a State DA before being appointed to the bench... Nick's mother has worked her entire adult life as a public defender... What's hard is balancing the unspoken but competing perspectives of his parents. He wants to live up to their expectations and becoming a CSI is one way of finding a compromise." In the show we see this more with Grissom, though, like in that one episode with the "Silk, silk, silk" thing.

In Grave Danger he feels like he's disappointed Grissom because here he is, trying to prove to Grissom what a great CSI he is, and he finds himself in a grave, completely helpless, and completely reliant on Grissom to save him.

And I also hope that we'll see a lot more of this in Season 6. I don't know how we couldn't :)

Okay he can be a teacher, but a caring and loving teacher... now if only Grissom can take Nick to a roller coaster ride, like Warrick way back in S1, maybe then poor old Nick can feel like he belongs.

But I love the idea of Grissom being a Dad towards Nick...
It would be cool to see that growth of character taking place. All along Grissom has been everyone's mentor... their look-to guy, you know? Yet, no one really ever knows Grissom very well on a personal level. (Warrick: What does Grissom drink when he goes out at night? Sara: Grissom goes out? Warrick: Exactly, who knows anything about that guy!) So perhaps having to experience this father-role will lead to Grissom opening up a little more to his CSIs, which could be interesting.

In Grave Danger he feels like he's disappointed Grissom because here he is, trying to prove to Grissom what a great CSI he is, and he finds himself in a grave, completely helpless, and completely reliant on Grissom to save him.

I can see where you're coming from, but I was under the impression that in Nick's goodbyes, he was referring to everything he did in the lab. The cases he worked with Grissom. The "failed" proficiencey milk riddle. The way he goes about cases, always looking into the emotional aspect of cases. Maybe he thought because he investigated a different way than Grissom did, Gris would be disappointed in him.

Hmmm interesting........ Just don't e-mail this page to CBS. This would certainly give George nightmares.

You know, I actually thought about that (as I'm sure many of you did) when the episode aired. If the storylines gave him (George Eads) nightmares, I wonder how he dealt with being in the box, if maybe some of that mania was real.

I can see where you're coming from, but I was under the impression that in Nick's goodbyes, he was referring to everything he did in the lab. The cases he worked with Grissom. The "failed" proficiencey milk riddle. The way he goes about cases, always looking into the emotional aspect of cases. Maybe he thought because he investigated a different way than Grissom did, Gris would be disappointed in him.

Okay LabRat101, I know you didn't mean to do this but that whole sentence just made me choke up... because I can actually see Nick thinking that...

But how did Grissom react? I mean I get his answer of 'you never did' but then reactions/actions speak louder than words.

Back