"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: what nick said that was muted

I can see where you're coming from, but I was under the impression that in Nick's goodbyes, he was referring to everything he did in the lab. The cases he worked with Grissom. The "failed" proficiencey milk riddle. The way he goes about cases, always looking into the emotional aspect of cases. Maybe he thought because he investigated a different way than Grissom did, Gris would be disappointed in him.

Okay LabRat101, I know you didn't mean to do this but that whole sentence just made me choke up... because I can actually see Nick thinking that...

But how did Grissom react? I mean I get his answer of 'you never did' but then reactions/actions speak louder than words.

This is a scenario that I REALLY hope gets resolved in season 6. Yes, Gil said that Nicky never disappointed him but Nick doesn't know that. I would LOVE to see something where Gil actually takes Nick aside and tells him straight out how much he thinks of Nick, as a CSI and as a person. No riddles, no bizarre quotes, just the unvarnished truth.

Anyone think Gil can drop his walls long enough to do it?
I'm crossing my fingers that he can and that he will.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't... if he can talk to Sara, Warrick and Greg without any problems he should certainly do it for Nick as well.

I really think that Nick also needs to know how important he is to everyone... which he might only kind of know at the end of the episode... I mean the fans know how the other characters feel about Nick, but Nick spent most of two hours buried alive (or probably 12 hours give or take).

You know, I actually thought about that (as I'm sure many of you did) when the episode aired. If the storylines gave him (George Eads) nightmares, I wonder how he dealt with being in the box, if maybe some of that mania was real.

[/QUOTE]

I'm claustrophobic and just watching the scene affected me. I would bank on it that it affected George in real life.

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't... if he can talk to Sara, Warrick and Greg without any problems he should certainly do it for Nick as well.

I really think that Nick also needs to know how important he is to everyone... which he might only kind of know at the end of the episode... I mean the fans know how the other characters feel about Nick, but Nick spent most of two hours buried alive (or probably 12 hours give or take).

I've seen people metion that Nick was inside the box 12 hours, or give or take 12 hours. Well, I'm curious..anyone know how long?

I mean it was 12 hours when Gill dropped off the ransom and that was during the day...we still have them processing the warehouse way until night time. We get the 90 mins of air left some time during the night. I'm guesssing 24 hours since some TV reviewers who knew about the ants etc. ahead of time said 24.

Which man I thought 12 was bad..but 24?? Jessh. Any one else have a clue?

Kristen

I can see where you're coming from, but I was under the impression that in Nick's goodbyes, he was referring to everything he did in the lab. The cases he worked with Grissom. The "failed" proficiencey milk riddle. The way he goes about cases, always looking into the emotional aspect of cases. Maybe he thought because he investigated a different way than Grissom did, Gris would be disappointed in him.
I see what you mean. That's possible, especially since Grissom is always reminding the CSIs not to let emotion get in the way. Perhaps it could be a little bit of both. I think Nick's will to, essentially, "prove himself" to Grissom has a lot to do with it, too.

I'm thinking the kidnapper probably rigged it to shut down after 12 hours, as per his message on the computer at the beginning.

Although, it may have been less since the light used up more battery power before Nick shot it out.

I've seen people metion that Nick was inside the box 12 hours, or give or take 12 hours. Well, I'm curious..anyone know how long?

I mean it was 12 hours when Gill dropped off the ransom and that was during the day...we still have them processing the warehouse way until night time. We get the 90 mins of air left some time during the night. I'm guesssing 24 hours since some TV reviewers who knew about the ants etc. ahead of time said 24.

Which man I thought 12 was bad..but 24?? Jessh. Any one else have a clue?

Kristen
I would have to guess it would be around 24 hours, since when Nick got kidnapped it was dark and well into night, and when they found him it was also dark and well into night. If only 12 hours had passed it would've been within a few hours of noon, and not dark out. But that's all I am guessing on.

Re: hours he was buried

I also think it was more like 24 hours. Warrick said he was taken about 11pm, and then it probably took a couple hours to get the package that was delivered with the camera connection which counted down the 12 hours. Grissom paid the ransom during the daylight. Then they showed a city scene and it was getting dark, the sun was setting. By the time they went to the place where Nick was - it was dark again, which would have been almost or around 24 hours.

Either way Nick was screwed and needed help... fast! :)

I'm hoping for major bonding between Grissom and Nick next season... or am I wasting my time with it? :(

Either way Nick was screwed and needed help... fast! :)

I'm hoping for major bonding between Grissom and Nick next season... or am I wasting my time with it? :(

I am hoping for the same, but I don't think it will manifest itself the way a bonding usually does. Grissom is not the demonstrative type. If it'll happen, it will be subtle, off the left field, and probably non-verbal. Then again, I'll appreciate it in whatever form it comes. :)

Btw, a time spent hoping is never wasted! (My own little Jack Handy-like deep thought.) :)

Jane

Yeah, I agree with this ^^^. I can see Grissom being that way.

Plus, I think if it had been a Jack Handy type deep thought, it would have been more twisted! :lol:

Plus, I think if it had been a Jack Handy type deep thought, it would have been more twisted! :lol:

LOL. Or less twisted: Jack was the master of convoluted banality. :)

Jane

^^^ Also true!

Although my personal fave was a weird one: Most people think clowns are funny, but I think they're a little scary. I guess it all goes back to that time when I was a child and a clown killed my dad...

:lol:

^^^ Also true!

Although my personal fave was a weird one: Most people think clowns are funny, but I think they're a little scary. I guess it all goes back to that time when I was a child and a clown killed my dad...

:lol:

ROTFL! I remember that one! Also one of my favorites! :)

Jane

You know, I'm no lover of clowns either.........

As for Grissom and Nick bonding, I agree with BABA, it will probably be non-verbal and come completely out of left field but the bonding will be there. :)

Back