"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Re: what nick said that was muted

I think Grissom wanted to cry, but I don't see him as the emotional type around people. (That job goes to Nick.) He also realised that he needed to be strong for Nick's sake because if he lost it Nick would've gotten everyone else blown up. So Grissom had to be the strong one......

I think Grissom wanted to cry, but I don't see him as the emotional type around people.

He was crying in his own way. Seriously. Honestly, this episode is the most emotional I've ever seen Grissom. For Grissom, this was practically hysterical! :lol:

Don't play the innocent card it doesn't work :p ;)

I don't want Grissom to be hysterical, just emotional for Nick... because well I adore these two's father/son relationship or is it mentor/student relationship or both? *puzzled*

I think its alittle bit of both. Judging the relationship that Nick has with his own father, maybe in Nick's mind, he is lacking a paternal figure. So he tries to be the son that he could never be to his own father. (But then again in GRAVE DANGER, he feels that even he has disappointed Grissom.) I hope they explore this dynamic in season 6, it should make for some intense moments.

I adore these two's father/son relationship or is it mentor/student relationship or both? *puzzled*

I think it's both. The look on Grissom's face when he first saw Nick on the live feed? That was the face of a father, no a boss or teacher.

I adore these two's father/son relationship or is it mentor/student relationship or both? *puzzled*

I think it's both. The look on Grissom's face when he first saw Nick on the live feed? That was the face of a father, no a boss or teacher.

I thought he kind of went from father to teacher, especially when he's egging on the ants (and maybe Nick too) thats what a teacher would do, get your students to do more encourage them. Grissom was really encouraging him mentally not to struggle, to lay still. However at the grave and the put your hand on my hand scene that was Grissom acting like a father. :)

I don't think Grissom really knows how to be a father; he didn't really have one (sort of like Annakin Skywalker, but hopefully he won't go over to the dark side! :lol: ) But he does care about them, in his own way. He's just not an emotional sort of guy.

Yeah, I think Grissom changed his role to suit Nick's needs during the crisis. During that first scene when Grissom sees the live feed, he's a dad. Also, he was a dad when he did the ransom drop off. With the ants, like you say, he's a teacher. I kind of think that for Grissom, that was the more comfortable role. He was on familiar ground with during that whole deal.

Okay he can be a teacher, but a caring and loving teacher... now if only Grissom can take Nick to a roller coaster ride, like Warrick way back in S1, maybe then poor old Nick can feel like he belongs.

But I love the idea of Grissom being a Dad towards Nick...

I don't think Grissom really knows how to be a father; he didn't really have one (sort of like Annakin Skywalker, but hopefully he won't go over to the dark side! :lol: ) But he does care about them, in his own way. He's just not an emotional sort of guy.

Good evening BABA! Trying to make it to 400 post by midnight tonight. (Don't think I'll make it though, I'm fading fast.....)

Okay he can be a teacher, but a caring and loving teacher... now if only Grissom can take Nick to for a roller coaster ride, like Warrick way back in S1, maybe then poor old Nick can feel like he belongs.

But I love the idea of Grissom being a Dad towards Nick...

I do too, and it'll be interesting to see how their relationship progresses in season 6. I have a feeling they'll be closer.

Well, at least you'll have less to get through if you don't make it until tomorrow. You could be to 400 well before noon if you don't sleep in.

Mind you, don't forget about a little thing called "spamming"... It's right up there on the list with "snarkiness". ;)

Well, at least you'll have less to get through if you don't make it until tomorrow. You could be to 400 well before noon if you don't sleep in.

Mind you, don't forget about a little thing called "spamming"... It's right up there on the list with "snarkiness". ;)

Hey now! I'm not a spammer.......I'm just showing people that I'm addicted to CSI and that I can post 100 posts over a 24 hour period........ :D

Back