"Grave Danger" Discussion (Beware Spoilers)

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 18, 2005.

1. Moppig

Moppig Rookie

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Revi

I adored this episode. After watching it another three and a bit times I loved it. Yeah there were a couple of plot holes and editing glitches but I really only picked them up rewatching it. I was to engrossed the first time to notice anything. Actually its hard to notice anything watching behind my fingers.

The only, only thing that would have more the episode more perfect for me would have been one more scene with Nick's parents. Can you imagine their reaction when the find out that the ONLY person who knows where their son is has just blown himself to pieces. It would have just highlighted the absolute hopelessness of the situation.

Maybe will get that in extended DVD version :)

2. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Revi

I think the thing with the twins was just to show that they had gone back in time to the previous day. That experiment reminded me of the one in the pilot. I wonder who he got to donate this time...

3. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Revie

I agree with this.

As for his relationships with others, I can see his co-workers not really quite knowing how to interact with him.

I can see them being afraid to do or say the wrong thing and as a result of trying too hard, do exactly that.

God, there is just soooo much fodder here for good story lines next season. I hope tptb take advantage of them.

4. shanniegirl

shanniegirl Dead on Arrival

I agree. I really want them to play up the situation as much as possible. Then again, they might just act like nothing happened, like the episode after Stalker where he's back to his old self and goofing around with Greg...if TPTB are smart, they will give us what we want and use the situation to their advantage!

5. PonchoLives

PonchoLives Lab Technician

Like everyone else has said, there's so much they can do with the character of Nick and his relationhip with others next season. I'm going to be thoroughly disappointed if the writers neglect what's happened to him (Overload, Stalker, Who Are You?) and just write him as usual. I want to see how this one event changes him and the rest of the CSI's. This should impact everyone. I'm quite looking forward to what's going to happen next season.

6. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

I find it funny that everything that has happened to Sara, (like her DUI and the spat with Cath) has carried over through season 5. Also like her continuing backstory with her parents, and Cath's backstory with Sam Braun.

I swear, Warrick and Greg even gotten more continuity than Nick! I dislike the "oops something bad happened to Nick, let's just forget about it like it never happened" attitude.

Please, we all know Nick's a tough guy, but no one can just shake this off!

7. JaneD

JaneD Rookie

Amen. I've noticed that they brushed off Nick's aftermaths before with "he moved on" wink. OK, I buy that he has the capacity to heal - or at least to put the hurt in context - more than anyone else. Certainly more than Sara. But, seriously, no one can get up the next day after what Nick went trough on the season finale and be fine. And, in a way, they had shown us that he didn't. He was shaken when he went to talk to the girl in prison. And I mean SHAKEN. But I would be saddened - if not entirely surprised - if they don't revisit this in some way the next season.

Jane

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I agree, I hope they don't just let it slide like it happened but its over so let's move on. No one can endure what Nick did and survive with no emotional problems. But then CSI is known for going on like nothing happened...we'll just have to wait and see.

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I'm hoping they use some of George Ead's ideas (from his interview on this site). He had a lot of similar thoughts to what we've all been saying (great minds think alike!).

I hope he gets a little say in the direction they take Nick. He deserves it after such a strong second half of season 5 for him, including the Emmy performance in the finale.

10. geekfan30

geekfan30 Victim

Re: Post - "Grave Danger" Episode Discussion/Review ***Spoi

Nooooo, Greg's hair is great that way. It's all swooshy and hot! Love the swooshy hair.

Have to say I was a little dissappointed. The ep just didn't seem very CSI-like. Maybe it was QT, maybe not. I did like the extra time the characters got (Archie, Greg, Hodges). LOVED the hallucination part! LOL!:lol: (Nick fans are grinding their teeth at me, I know.) There needed to be more Greg though! Maybe season 6...

11. tinyspark

tinyspark Lab Technician

Re: what nick said that was muted

You're right. Damn right :)

12. Moppig

Moppig Rookie

Ecklie's not bad, he's just written that way. :lol:

He is going to give us back our guys, just so they can all gather round and protect Nick.

13. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

:lol: :lol: I don't know why, but just found that hysterically funny for some reason. :)

14. Kristen9999

Kristen9999 CSI Level One

Intresting thing I noticed. I went on some of fan run QT sites to gather some fans' of his reactions.

Pretty cool stuff. Of the QT fans who watch CSI, of course most loved it. Thougt the mesh was done perfectly, mostly alongside our comments. A few thought that there wasn't enough of his floursih of course.

What was intresting was that a ton of QT fans who watched it...did so never having watched CSI. Many loved it and became fans of the show! Pretty cool. Many of them, who were new to CSI instantly took to the criminalistics and the characters.

Looks like CBS won some new fans..I think one of the points.

Kristen

15. LabRat101

LabRat101 Pathologist

Hee hee, the finale actually has addicted my friend who was vehemently against CSI. She said it was so dumb, so my other friend and I told her to just watch the finale and see what she thinks.

Monday the next week she comes up to me and asks if she can borrow the taped episode to watch it again! She's hooked, but partially in denial. :D