Grade 'Snow Day'

Ok, I've digested the ep a bit now, and can finally form some coherent thoughts about it aside from just 'guh'.

The only thing I didn't particularly care for were the D/L scenes, but then I'm not a shipper. I know they made all the shippers happy so I don't mind too much. ;)

One of the non-sensical things that really bugged me was why they didn't tie Adam and Danny up like the other cops. Did they think that they'd beat them up enough that they wouldn't be able to move? In that case they've never heard of something called adrenaline. Anyhow, I suppose it doesn't matter much, I'm sure even if they were tied up, they would've found away out of that too.

Yes, it made no sense that Flack did not wear a helmet, but his hotness obviously creates some sort of force field protecting him from harm. :lol:

Aside from those minor things, I did love this episode. As usual Flack was his awesome self. It was refreshing to see him back in some battle gear. And wasn't it great how concerned he was at the beginning about killing someone even though he himself was in mortal danger?

Hawkes was also INCREDIBLE. I was cracking up when he stuck the gunman in his autopsy fridge and he was screaming. Good thinking Sheldon!

As for the ending, at least we did get a shot of Hawkes, Stella and Flack. I'm with everyone else when I think we should've seen more Danny and Adam though. When it comes down to it, this episode was all about teamwork, an emphasis on the team, like at the end of COTP, would've been ideal. Still my A+ rating sticks, the overall episode was just THAT good.

Hawkes and Don are my heroes! They both got some much deserved screen time for the finally. I don't think I ever really appreciated how great a character Don was before this episode. He impressed me :)
And Hawkes, hoo boy! awesome move shoving the bad guy in the autopsy fridge, lol. He's great.
I liked the D/L scenes, mostly because they weren't the focus of the episode, and we finally know what's going on with them. Oh, and I don't think Lindsay was "whorish" at all. i'm pretty sure they were both expecting to be in bed together by the end of that evening...
I don't think it's the best idea for Mac to be taking time off right after this happened in his lab... won't they need him to rebuild and stuff?? anyways, i never like peyton.
Sid rocks. Im buying my boyfriend a hat like that.

I'm going to need to find transcripts for this episode... i couldn't understand the irish accents half the time lol.
oh, and i was confused when they refered to danny as a "guinea cop", so i checked it on urban dictionary. apparently, a "guinea" is a racial slur for an italian-american (if anybody didn't know this, or was interested, lol)

I don't watch CSI: NY, but last night I thought "Hey- Yeah, I'll watch the finale.. They ought to be good (CSI: Miami's was horrible, and I don't watch that show either). I turned NY on when it started so I could watch it (Duh)

I watched up until the part with those two people in bed (I'm guessing it's Danny and Lindsay?)

And I was thinking..

"What does that have to do with crime solving? How to put the bun in the oven? Maybe."

Then I changed the channel after they sat on those two for over 30 seconds.

Other than that- I really liked the part where the guy at the beginning (Someone from the lab.. Okay, I don't watch NY so I don't know the names :lol:) was acting like some total professional gun shooter, then Mac came in and- that was all intense and nice. I was sitting on my couch thinking "Wow, this looks good!" until..

But I can see how it's a different perspective from all you die hard fans! :) Glad you all got an awesome finale, yay!

That was an awesome episode! A+ for me. Lot's of highlights in this episode. The dead FBI agent connection, I didn't see that coming. Wet Mac was hot.

I think the summer break comes right on time, because they will need the whole summer to rebuild the set after all the water and broken glass :lol:

People can tell me that these two have been 'dating' all they want, but we saw no evidence of this so, from what we saw, it was an almost-kiss in "Sleight Out of Hand," followed by more than a month of nothing, followed by hanky panky on the pool table.

I get this, but I've always looked at the "what we don't see angle" differently. For instance, some have taken Danny to task for not being a friend to Flack after the explosion, but really, he may have been. There was a whole summer of Flack's recuperation we didn't see. Because this is a crime show, we only see glimpses of the characters' lives after work. Highlights, I guess? We didn't see the progression of Mac/Peyton, for instance, we just saw them in bed (although she is a recurring character).

So, just like I think it's possible that Danny was there for Flack during his recovery, I believe it's possible Danny and Lindsay were seeing each other outside of work since the Montana thing. *shrugs* Just my two cents.

(Oh, Fay, your dialogue was a trip! :D)

Wow...what an episode! Great way to end the season. Everything about this one was amazing. Hats off to Carmine and Adam for the whole hostage thing; they were fantastic! Though it made my heart wrench when Danny was getting beat up like that, but I loved how he fought back :) The gas leak was pretty cool too. Everything was!

As for Danny and Lindsay...well, let's just say I'm in paradise :D

A+

AJ and Carime both gave stellar performances when they were being held hostage. Seeing Adam run to his kit was uber cute. I liked seeing Danny get lippy with the thugs. That was great, and I'd say he got at least one of his balls back. :lol:
Flack was wonderful as always. I liked seeing him in control of things. The scenes at the lab w/Mac, Stella, and Hawkes were fantastic. I do have to say, they were such dorks, but what do you expect? :lol:
I was especially glad they didn't leave a cliffhanger. I think it would have been too much. It was better to get it resolved in one episode.

Dindsey (love it!)......doesn't even deserve mentioning, but there it is....whatever. could've done without it.

ETA: the love it in parenthesis was meant to convey that I love the nickname, not the pairing. and that last statement was in no means meant to offend anyone, btw.

PerfectAnomaly said:
Mac says that Adam has been at the warehouse processing ALONE for SIX HOURS.
I'm wondering how much of that six hours was also supposed to be Lindsay's shift that Danny took over--he was obviously late. *smacks him upside the head*

Why the hell wasn't she armed and ready to go kick some ass to save Danny?
I know, right? If she wasn't going to run in when everything went down, she probably shouldn't have been standing that close. It's not like she was part of the hostage negotiations. :rolleyes:

Springmoon said:
Excellent job protecting the lab geek though, 'cause Adam looked like he was about to sh*t his pants.
Hey, be nice to the lab geek! :lol:

FlackAttack said:
Hawkes was also INCREDIBLE. I was cracking up when he stuck the gunman in his autopsy fridge and he was screaming. Good thinking Sheldon!
:lol: Can you imagine them afterwards?
Random cop: "How many guys were in there?"
Hawkes: "Well, the two that Mac blew up, and the guy in the morgue."
Random cop: "He's dead?"
Hawkes: "Ok, technically two guys in the morgue. One is dead."
Random cop: "And the other?"
Hawkes: "He's just chilling out."

:lol:

Daisy said:
I think the summer break comes right on time, because they will need the whole summer to rebuild the set after all the water and broken glass
You know, I wonder how many cases got dismissed because of the lab incident? Talk about contaminated evidence. :eek:

audrina said:
(Oh, Fay, your dialogue was a trip! :D)
Hehe.

My thing about 'what we don't see'--if you don't tell me, I don't assume it's canon. I'll speculate to the moon and back for Danny being around for Flack's recovery, etc, but if they don't show it on screen, then I don't see any proof of my speculation being true. The same goes for Danny and Lindsay. There was the possibility that they could be dating, but they went from zero to sixty with no indication that they'd hit the gas pedal. I can guess at how they arrived there, but the writers should be giving more clues. It doesn't take a lot. If Danny or Lindsay had said something about "I can't stay late, I have plans" in an episode--that would have been some proof that they're dating. Just a line or a gesture to show that it's more than 'flirting.'

But I agree that the thing with Mac and Peyton was way too sudden, especially if they expect us to believe, as original spoilers stated, that they'd been dating for a year. :rolleyes: I don't think they actually did, though, because they don't strike me as a couple that's been together for a year--unless it was very casual dating initially...anyway...

Danny: Montana, the girl is from Montana. MontanaMontanaMontana.
Lindsay: OMG STFU!
Danny: Let's dance around this like we're in high school
Lindsay: M'kay!
***End season 2***
Lindsay: *cower and cling*
Danny: Let's go out!
Lindsay: M'kay!
Danny: Where'd she go?
Lindsay: *avoid*
Danny: Is something going on?
Lindsay: *avoid avoid avoid*
Danny: Tell me wtf is up with you, damnit!
Lindsay: It's not you, it's me.
Danny: Oh, ok. In that case, I'm here if you'd like to use me again in the near future.
Lindsay: *flee*
--Time elapses--
Lindsay: *leaves*
Danny: OMG A NOTES!
Lindsay: Moo!
Danny: *pretends she doesn't exist for almost a month*
Lindsay: *deals with shit*
Danny: *doesn't sleep* Blargh. *hallucinates* Dur-dur-dur *flys across the country* Ta-dah!
Lindsay: *shit is miraculously dealt with* OMG LET'S ALMOST MAKE OUT!
Danny: M'kay!
Lindsay: Har-har, buffalo burgers, har!
Danny: Da!
Lindsay: *giggle*
Danny: *looks happy about evidence*
Lindsay: You look happy about evidence.
Danny and Lindsay: Yay, let's get drunk and play hide the salami!!!
--Censored to protect my mind--

I love DL... but this is hilarious... :lol: well said fay... well said.

who are those people who dared to give an C-, D and F(without a reason)? You must not have been watching the right show.

That episode deserves no lower than an A

A pounding tension headache prevented me from more coherent squee about CSI:NY last night, and so, here it is.

-Flack was absolute love last night, and I'm sure Eddie Cahill loved his meaty role. He was take-charge and no-nonsense throughout, and he did not hesitate to pull the trigger when push came to shove. He was upset that he had to take a life in fulfillment of his duty, but he wasn't a wreck, and as of now, I don't foresee any long-reaching psychological effects. Indeed, he was more than willing to pull the trigger again at episodes end and would have done so had not Adam found his courage and run into the line of fire to explain what was happening. That might bother him more than the initial shooting. Flack clearly buys into the fraternity of the police, and he would have been devastated had he shot two of his fellow officers by mistake.

-A character that will and should have long-term psychological damage from this incident is Adam Ross. I have no doubt that he blames himself for allowing the lab to be breached, and for being a coward. It's not his fault, of course; I doubt many could have withstood the physical punishment inflicted by the gang. Unfortunately, his self-assessment is going to look all the worse when juxtaposed against Danny's brazen ballsiness. How can Adam hope to find sympathy for his cigarette burns when Danny suffered a crushed hand, reset the mangled fingers without anesthetic, took a butt-kicking as a diversion, and saved the day with some sulfuric acid? I'm afraid that his hero-worship of Danny, coupled with his obvious self-doubt, will set him up for a dramatic crisis of faith down the road. He might even quit the lab in the misguided belief that he has betrayed it and his coworkers by his weakness and no longer deserves to be there. Adam will be interesting to watch in S4.

-Danny Messer was fabulous in the action portion of his role, but we were exposed to two Dannys in this episode-the proud, impulsive, badass Danny that captivated so many viewers throughout the first two seasons, and the schmoopy, spineless, fanfic tragihero of S3. Thankfully, the stomach-churning confirmation of the S.S. Dindsay was brief, and Danny was able to salvage his largely emasculated character here with a lot of vintage Danny lip. However, if the writers insist on writing this flaccid, uninspired ship, I'm not sure he can sustain his blend of machismo, street smarts, and decency.

-Hawkes got to shine here. We don't usually get to see the good doctor as anything but reserved, but even he has a set of Action!Mac Pants, it seems, because he wasted no time in getting the drop on the bad guys. He never lost his cool, used his wits(and his trusty, whirling bonesaw of death), and was instrumental in saving the lab. We even got to see him angry, and though it wasn't loud or demonstrative, it was unnerving. "You want to play dead? Turn around?" ~shudder~

-Stella was amazing, and watching her last night, I could easily believe she had worked Narco for six years. That vent drop was a thing of beauty. Wonder if she learned it from Mac?

-I usually deplore Action!Mac, but he was needed last night, and we got him in spades. The hydrogen bomb was ingenious, but methinks there must be repercussions for blowing up the lab. All open cases that were in the building will now be tainted, and their evidence vaults and records rooms will be ashes. If Gerrard or Sinclair want another go at Mac, there was their in.

-I usually like Peyton, but I found her pushy and manipulative in the opening scene where she "invites" him to London. She was using emotional blackmail, and her knowledge of his vacation time was creepy. Not to mention playing on his guilt by buying the ticket ahead of time so he'd feel obligated to go. The entire interaction was very needy and uncomfortable.

-The D/L relationship is a soul-draining mess. Lindsay, who could have been a strong character, has been made an avatar for every teenage girl who's ever slipped her fingers into her panties over Danny Messer. Mooning in bed over their "night of passion"? Check. Smelling a conveniently placed flower like she's in a Tampax or Dulcolax ad? Check. Schmoopy letter with even sappier voiceover? Check. Detached retina from rolling my eyes? Check.

Look, I have no doubts that Danny can be romantic when he puts his mind to it; in fact, I believe all of the characters can be, that all of them have softer sides. I explore the softer side of Flack in my fics, and I've had him do schmoopy things like picnics in Central Park and baseball games and clumsy love letters. No one can be a badass all the time. However, those moments should never be on display in a crime drama. Those are moments for a soap opera. Yes, Danny has a sex life. Good for him, but I don't want to see it. I find it ironic that fandom pillories those who subject it to their googy, masturbatory fantasies between themselves and Character X, but the powers that be are hellbent on subjecting their audience to theirs. Fandom should not have more restraint than its canon.

Great episode! I absolutely loved it.
There were, of course, a few downs, but really, those are to be expected. Who leaves a bunson burner on in the midst of a gas leak? And the whole Danny/Lindsay thing... I'm not even going to get into. It was just painful.

The actors all did so well in this episode, we got to see new situatioins for the characters. Lets start with Hawkes. I loved him in the morgue. I don't know why, but seeing him pull the body off the elevator was extremely funny to me. Was there anyone else who thought this, or was it just because I was so tired last night? Also, hiding as a dead body, holding the saw to the guy's neck, locking him in a drawer... superb :) And I gotta get a cap of him holding that big huge gun :D :lol:
The other character I really want to comment on is Adam. Raise your hand if you want to give him a big hug after this episode *waves hands wildly in the air*. Poor guy. And yet, he did so amazingly well given the situation. I also felt so proud of him for running out and making sure they didn't shoot the cops dressed as the bad-guys. AJ did a fantastic job of portraying fear and bravery all at the same time.

All in all, I'm willing to overlook the bad for this one, and just enjoy the good. Two thumbs up.

A+

Yeah, an A+. Despite any minor (and they were minor) gaps in logic, this was a damn fun episode, and probably the most exciting hour of any CSI show ever. Up there with "Grave Danger," and that was Tarantino! :eek:

Loved Mac, Stella and Hawkes in action. These guys make a great team, and the action is the lab was simply thrilling.

Flack is a Big Damn Hero and I love it. Love how he went from crisis to crisis barely breaking a sweat.

Danny and Adam--much love there, too. I don't think anyone could blame Adam for giving up the info. That was some pretty awful torture there. Danny's got a lot of bravado, but I heard fear in his voice when they made him call Flack.

I know some of you don't like Peyton, but I gotta admit, I really do. She brings out so much in Mac and Gary that simply wasn't there before. I'm definitely not a fan of Mac and Stella together as anything but friends--they just don't spark together for me, though I do love their friendship. But I liked how active Peyton was in this episode, trying to find out where Mac was and what was going on with the cell phones.

Was anyone else bothered by the fact that they were running prints and DNA in the lab while being chased by baddies? :lol: I don't know--that wouldn't be the first thing on my mind at least were I in the situation. But, like I said--the ep was so fun it didn't bother me. Much. ;)

The FBI lady's death being tied in was cool in that they didn't drop it altogether, but I would have liked to see it be a bit more than a casual reference dropped in an already packed episode. Still, overall, kudos for continuity.

Lindsay was given nothing to do but wring her hands--Peyton was far more energized and believable in the role, and didn't feel nearly as useless.

As for Danny and Lindsay hooking up--I'm not a fan of the pairing, but I don't think them sleeping together was too soon given that it has been moving in that direction all season. And while I think the character of Lindsay is pretty much a debacle and failure, I did like her in the moment when she pulled Danny to her and told him just how he could work off his debt. It reminded me of the Lindsay back in second season that had spunk and spirit, the one I thought I actually might like before they made her an "It's all about meeeee" whiny worthless character.

PerfectAnomaly said:
Anna Belknap didn't disappoint me either. The look on her face when she arrived at the warehouse and Flack told her Danny didn't sound good was the same look she has when processing evidence in the lab. When she asked Danny if he was OK, her voice had the same emotion she would've had if she saw a wounded stranger on the street.

:lol: I noticed that too. She's a completely flat actress. The only scenes she convinced in were the ones in the apartment with Danny, but I imagine pretending to want the hot babe from the lab isn't all that hard to do. :lol:

Faylinn said:

stormymac:
Also, was it just wishful thinking on my part, or did Danny take one last look back at Don as he was leaving and Lindsay was going on about her guilt and making it all about herself?
Wow, it's like you were in the chat I was in tonight--several people commented on Danny looking back at Don. And your comment about Lindsay sounds about right.

I have to say, I really noticed tension between Flack and Lindsay in this episode. I have all along, but I though it was really apparent when he didn't even look at her when saying Danny didn't sound good. It also appears the feelings of dislike are mutual, as Lindsay basically physically put herself between Flack and Danny and carted Danny off. There's tension there, whether you want to read it as romantic rivalry or just a guy who isn't sure that the girl his best friend is dating is good for him. ;)

I also saw her as pretty self-involved when she took Danny away and immediately started whining about her feelings and not showing concern over him. It's all about Lindsay. :rolleyes:

audrina said:
My argument with this is: It's not like they're strangers who met in the bar that night. They've been working together for over a year, they've danced around their feelings for at least half of the time, and he followed her to Montana to make sure she was okay after the whole trial thing. They're adults, they have an existing relationship - it's hardly a typical first date. And for me, it was nice to see the woman be a bit bold instead of the usual schtick of the guy sweeping the girl off of her feet. I mean, guess what: Women like sex, too. So what if Lindsay wanted Danny, and went for it? Good for her.

That's how I feel about it, too. I hated when she was pretending not to want him after a season of lusting after him. That was just stupid. There's nothing I hate more than a love scene that doesn't depict both the man and the woman as sexual beings who desire each other. Yes, gents, we women enjoy sex, too. Welcome to the 21st century. :lol:

I must be out of the loop but what happened to the "destiny dashed" thing? It was a great finale but seeing Danny and Lindsay actually together was weird. Nothing there (but we already knew that I guess). No matter how sexy they try to make a scene, Anna can't pull it off. I hope they never show a scene with those two like that again. Leave it to the viewers imaginations (or nightmares). I'm sure Carmine didn't have to worry about getting "overly excited" about filming that scene.

Back